When did you realize that it was the greatest of all time?

When did you realize that it was the greatest of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IdvdiZdr-es
youtube.com/watch?v=ye5hCxUZ4Qw
youtube.com/watch?v=suRDUFpsHus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

After season one.

Sometime during Season 4 for me.

season 3 and then even more so in s4

/sc&p/ threads were the last good thing on this board

peggy olson best girl
based roger best man

Watched one season and nothing happens.

Most Vanilla drama of all time.

>it's another nu-males think a literal soap opera is GOAT
Fuck off, you fucking vaginas.

>"I did it Trudy, after seven and half seasons, I finally became the ultimate Mad Men."

I loved the season finale but this scene really stuck out to me.

These fucks in every single MM thread. Go watch your CW superhero shows and let the adults talk.

on my second watch

I think finally accepted the fact he will never be Don Draper and it made him realise how great his life actually was.

when i has my testicles removed

sopranos is still my favorite show of all time but mad men is a very close second. golden age of TV is probably over now but it was a hell of a run.

I think Pete had the best character arc of the whole series, honestly.

During that office scene when Ken gets all the blood over him.

When I was rewatching recently and got to this scene
youtube.com/watch?v=IdvdiZdr-es

On my first watch, I found the first 2 seasons kind of difficult to get through, but I love watching them now. The difference of the world they live in then and the one from the later seasons is night and day.

The show is good

i think you have to be over a certain age, or at least have lived enough life to truly appreciate how brilliant a show like mad men was. i understand the kiddies that say it sucks and nothing happens because none of the stuff in the show resonates with them. if they watched it again in 15 or 20 years i would hope their opinion would change. if not they're probably just a pleb.

I think anyone can appreciate it, Mad Men felt like a book born as a really fucking well executed tv show

I started watching it when I was 14 and it was my favorite show even then cause of how cool Don was and the hot women and the fashion. But as I've grown and lived and seen the conclusion to the show and then gone back to the early seasons to see the full picture of it my appreciation has grown immensely.

When i think of the fact that I will never see another Mad Men episode again for the rest of my life I honestly get depressed.

4th greatest show I've ever seen. And the top 3 are pretty much set in stone for me so that's a real accomplishment

youtube.com/watch?v=ye5hCxUZ4Qw

What are your top 3 out of curiosity?

For me it was watching the California episode with the gypsies.

There was something so unsettling about that episode the first time. I thought for sure they were grifters, or that Don was going to wake up in a tub of ice missing an organ after he passed out at the pool.

After finishing the first season, and this season is still the best of the show imo

>you will never see the carousel scene for the first time again
i have never felt emotion from television like this before
youtube.com/watch?v=suRDUFpsHus

Personally I still think The Wire is still #1 but Mad Men is a fucking close #2. Great from episode one but the carousel pitch is what put the show in the upper echelon

>tfw he finds out she has terminal cancer

>you now remember Don and Peggy never had a real final scene together, instead we got the meme Stan and Peggy romance

Biggest blunder of the final season?

Don and Peggy as a couple? Are you fucking serious, bro? That's an awful idea. Don is the pinnacle for Peggy, she's idolized since the first day she met him. Peggy doesn't want to fuck Don, she wants to be him.

Did I say anything about them as a couple? Instead of a proper face to face final scene we got a shallow phone call and that shitty Stan and Peggy ending

I don't think it's the GOAT, but easily a top 5 show.

It's basically a better version of The Sopranos.

The phone call was hardly shallow. And their final face to face scene was hardly sentimental but that was the point, it was representative of their whole dynamic throughout the series.

>I'm fucking sad
>Don you're not that bad
Claiming that wasn't shallow when it turned into
>I love you Peggy
>I think I love you too Stan
Fuck that, way to ruin 7 seasons of build up for Don and Peggy not to have a fucking powerful pay off

Not him, but I bet it's Sopranos, Six feet under and the wire.

Oh shit, my bad. And yeah, the Stan stuff was very tacked on.

I don't think it was tacked on, there was definitely buildup, but the rom-com execution was just so un-Mad Men.

Was he the original nu-male?

Yes, and pic related was the original BernieBro