That feel when the original trilogy was made back when things had to be kept in the closet

>that feel when the original trilogy was made back when things had to be kept in the closet

Nowadays they wouldn't have to beat around the bush. It's sad because they lost some of the story with that.

Other urls found in this thread:

touchstonemag.com/archives/article.php?id=18-07-021-f
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Men can never be friends in a movie or show without someone pointing out that it's le gay.

This is why movies are sterile and joyless. Thanks.

It's one thing to be friends but these niggas embrace each other and cry together.

kek

Story is from a time when male bonding wasn't frowned up.

Fucking kill yourself faggot. You sick fucks want to add your faggotry to everything.

i guess you don't have any real friends, or should i say a friend

me and my mate cried like little bitches when his kid got diagnosed with a disease i will not name, and even many times before for negligible shit when drunk

you are not a faggot if you show emotions you sad little fuck

grow a pair

> things had to be kept in the closet.
What, you mean like the dwarves, the blatantly homoerotic devils and the phallic wands?

You fucking moron.

Rome is how you do male bonding, these two are faggots. Even faggots know they're faggots.

They aren't "friends". One is master, one is servant.

> white academic peer.

Implying he didn't get all the social bonding he could possibly of dreamed of in boarding school.

This.

This was a very common relationship between two men in the UK at Tolkien's time.

>y-you fag, this is why me an' my bro can't cuddle, and cry on each others shoulders, and jerk off together without people thinking we're gay

Stop being such pussies

>can't have a friend that wants the best for you
>friend that is loyal

you must be a woman, cause women don't understand loyalty and why men value it highly.

There are few things gayer than having a mind which immediately jumps to gay sex and faggotry when presented with male friendship. Homo please go

touchstonemag.com/archives/article.php?id=18-07-021-f

Feel like a big guy boasting about having friends on Sup Forums, normie fuck?

Nothin' gay about a bro job

Fucking queers

>le gender politics

Nice try faggot

This.
I jack my buds and cry with em all the time

your're obviously gay.

What they presented in lord of the rings is two tiny faggots on a fairy skipping adventure.

It had nothing to do with war bonding. And before you bring up the crying thing, Vorenus was in tears over what was happening with his wife.

It is the little things in how its handled. Fighting with your best friend over unresolved issues turns into a bar brawl, or him taking care of his kids because he just can't handle shit and takes off, or any of the other things Pullo did for vorenus always came off like brothers.

The way the hobbits are portrayed is trying to make 4 effiminate males that are turned into 'hobbits' who cry and go on adventures together not seem gay but it still looks that way. Men can bond but the way they portray it looks fucking gay.

What hackson wanted was some kind of two dirty men in the trenches feel, holding a brother as he's dying from mustard gas.

what they got was gay romance novels tier shit where I felt fabio was going to show up

That scene you keep posting caps of is them literally thinking they are gonne burn alive in the next minute.

Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh intended for them to be gay because he was pushing a degenerate liberal agenda. That's why pipeweed (canon nicotine) was portrayed as marijuana.

was it AIDS?

Perhaps they needed to act better or perhaps they needed different, less girly actors. I don't know. Elijah doesn't always come off as gay in other movies so I have no clue.

Worse. Butt AIDS.

But.... both are white?

>They aren't "friends". One is master, one is servant.

Tolkien was ahead of his time.

tfw liberal shitstains making mental illness and faggotry mainstream and hip ruined male relationships forever and now one best friend cant say "I love you man" to his best friend without uttering a "n-n-n-o homo" to make sure everyone knows its not gay

Thanks jews

really erect cocked this post

I really don't get the hype LOTR got. Aside from having good costume design and good/hot actors, it just bored me to tears.

Long, laborious messes. Unnecessary amounts of action, as well.

Homosex has been around all throughout history and that didn't stop those guys from having strong male bonds. Modern men are just too concerned with their image like women.

So you're arguing we would be okay with their relationship and the way it is portrayed in LOTR if we weren't concerned with image?

>"Gays don't exist only close friends!"
>So far in the closet you want to keep all gay characters in the closet as friends as well

>now one best friend cant say "I love you man" to his best friend without uttering a "n-n-n-o homo"

They still can, it's just that you're incredibly insecure about your fragile sexuality, you fucking faggot.

The real divide is class, not race.

This. I cried the first time my best bud entered me. It's not gay, just two men expressing their emotions.

DUDE LITERALLY EJACULATING IN A MANS ASS

IT IS SO IMPORTANT

THAT THESE DUDES MUST HAVE BEEN FUCKING EACHOTHER!

THAT'S WHAT'S IMPORTANT!

>being such a basic bitch that you actually get pissy when other people don't project modern social politics onto a fantasy story from the early 1900s, especially when it has no effect on the story, JUST to be a smartass

>hurr durr dey gay

Faggots LOTR is comfy AF. Its a journey of friendship and brotherly love. Not just Sam and Frodo but the full fellowship.

>How Gimley and Legolos become bros
>Aragorn becoming a leader and sacrificing himself numeorus times for his friends
>When they go searching for Pipin and his buddy and they become upset when they think they died

Plus if you didnt tear up when Sam carries Frodo up you have no soul

>Yet what am I kidding OP and his fag kind cant understand the dynamic of soldiers in war becoming bonded in times of hardship

How dumb are you?

Frodo and Sam are friends. Going on a journey they both know could kill them. They have seen people die, battles, pain, betrayal and more. Not even the fact Frodo has some super evil "weapon" that hes trying to destroy.

I assume Stand By Me is about gay boys right? Im sure Saving Private Ryan is about gays too. Because no way in hell 2 or more male friends could possibly bond strongly through shit.

If you and your friend (if you have any) had to travel hundreds of miles and deal with shit trying to kill or hurt you both, im sure youd bond too. And not in any gay ways

>Also whats with cucks projecting gay shit into brobuddies in movies. Cap and Bucky is another one