BLAIR WITCH (2016)

Just go back from this and it FUCKING KICKED ASS.

It is completely undeserving of the brutally low ratings it's being given. Barrett and Wingard made an impressive piece of horror here with clearly a lot of effort and attention to detail.

>Barrett would later note that the team found the found footage genre challenging as they've only previously worked with it on the V/H/S anthology movies. [9] Barrett noted that with the V/H/S series there was an inherent entertainment value where the segments "were never meant to feel entirely real", an element that did not work for the Blair Witch series. [9] Speaking on the issue to Bloody Disgusting Barrett stated "even if our scares didn’t work in ‘V/H/S’, hopefully people would still be entertained, and if they weren’t, well, another short would start in a few minutes" noting that if a scare didn't work in Blair Witch "we’d have nothing to fall back on, we’d just have failed completely, and publicly" [9]To prevent this from happening Barrett and Winger extensively went over each "scare" to discover why it was scary and how the audience would react to it. For some sequences multiple approaches were tried differently "to give us options in the editing room,"

Warning: If jump scares trigger your autism and make you hate movies don't watch this

The scares were incredible. It had a rhythm of fear in the narrative. Extremely well paced. People's unreasonable bias against found footage is back ~ things should be judged relative to their genre. Not only that, the film's ratings are being brought down by The Blair Witch Project stans who think it's the holy grail of horror (the WORST). Horror fanatics are the ultimate nostalgiafags.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WVqGROfiKmA
fandango.com/blairwitch_192753/movietimes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The jump scares in this movie didn't do anything to me, wasn't even startled once.
I think maybe it's because of the frequent loud noises with the trees or something.

ok, I'll dl the camrip. It still sounds like shit though.

The back break scene will give me nightmares for days

Pretty subtle shill.

I'm going to ignore this shill and request a synopsis

kill yourself shill

>like a movie
>shill

capeshit is the only thing allowed to be discussed on tv

fuck off shill

I liked it too, I haven't been actually scared watching a movie in a long time. Also it's not all jump scares, lots of creepy stuff and tension.

Same, I even went into this movie blind and I think it's just because it's such a standard in found-footage movies now that you're just expecting it regardless

>that fucking scene where they're slowly approaching the hipster qt and she just straight up screams into the camera

It was surprisingly unsettling, yeah

Peter and his gf got off fucking easy

Shut up faggot.

They remade it? Whats going on here

sequel

in the same way The Thing with MEW was a prequel

Sequel to the first one.
Heathers brother goes off into the woods searching for her.

>flying tents
>overloud sounds for muh scare scene
>two different people tap the same person on the shoulder for double EXTREME jump scare
>witch is a CGI shit fest
Found footage was a mistake.

just got back. who broke their back? the chick trying to get the drone?

god this movie was ass honestly.

how did the qt purple hair die? did she die by accident from the black gf? like wut lmao

anyone got a pic of the witch yet/

well hey, at least it didn't have any long-mouthed ghosts I guess

Care to explain what the movies about. Prequel or sequel?

I think CGI should be left out of the found footage genre completely. If you're going for the more ultra-realistic vibe than use practical effects like a smart person.

no purple haired girl, the blair witch signs made of sticks were some kind of voodoo doll

Sequel. It has that Force Awakens vibe of reusing a similar plot though.
That's pretty much what the barely seen Witch looks like, REC meets Grave Encounters.

>They kept splitting up

Bugs me none of them brought this issue up

they had walkie talkies

Patrician choice of sequel coming through
Also has top qt action
Director's cut when?

>tfw when they just had to make REC a series and it naturally went to shit

Worst part is the heavy mentioning that each of the headset cameras has GPS, then they proceed to ignore that. Even if the GPS is apparently shit for general location functionality, they could have at least made a point to bring that back up with the localized individual cameras.

Yeah, but in a charterless pitch-dark forest they're only so helpful

also this

At least bunnyfu shows up in the 4th one. I'm still mad the military are bumfuck useless in the second one. I think they were supposed to be special forces too, laughable.

Fuck man. Why didnt they go with the original plans for a sequel. Actually showing how the blair witch came into power.

VVitch style prequel when?
New found footage format - some old guy reads out a transcript of the events since no form of video recording existed.

That'd ruin the mystery, though

They were doing good with the whole "unseen terror" in the beginning but then we straight up see lanky baba yaga chasing the main girl down a hallway

Not gonna lie. I still watch book of shadows and dont understand the hate it gets.

I kind of like that the idea of the land/forrest itself being evil and causing the Blair Witch and also all the other creepy stuff.
there was some stuff I maybe misheard about bringing her 5 victims?? it was in the basement by the creeper local kid, made me think either a. this was a plot by him the whole time (but why bring his gf?) or a plot somehow by the brother, like the witch made him swear when he was a boy or some shit?? neither of these have much evidence for them

It was during the game release.
Blair Witch Volume 3: The Elly Kedward Tale is what they wanted to make into a movie.

this brings me back to those cheap but entertaining early 00's horror movies.

Im still pissed they didnt go with hide the original 3 and bring them back for a 10 year movie. It could work. The internet was still new enough they could of gotten away with it.

only thing i liked about this film

the kid losing his mind "sorry r achel" or whatever her name was and wacking her joe pesci style

Something I missed as well, when we see Lane all bearded and yelling shit, something about doing what she says?

If they go that route they have a lot of splaining to do on what makes the land evil.

>We want the pet semetary audience.

i feel like they mentioned that earlier but i guess they didn't? it's what made him throw the chick in the hole lol. god i almost walked out. and why is the house so big? or is it voodoo magic?

It looked like 2 stories from outside but they definitely went up three flights of stairs not including the basement...and wasn't the house's roof flat so where the fuck was a basement-def a magic house.
yea the curly haired guy was saying something like if I give her you she'll let me live...that could have been him going crazy and hoping some folklore relating would be true or he was in league with the witch before the whole trip or once he was separated...there's also the lines about legend of the witch being able to make people do things I think

The scene that revealed all the figures looked really cool, like the fact there were even extra large ones was legit pretty spooky

Yeah, I was thinking he was taking place of the killer

*attic, not basement
the part when they aid it was 2pm creeped me out

true, however i laughed out loud at the piles or rocks reveal

yeah i guess it was kinda cool when he was like "yeah it happens in the attic" and the chick or whatever is like "no it's in the basement"

then what's his name goes upstairs, and lisa is still outside and makes her way into the basement. shit goes down everywhere. ugh this movie was so disappointing, the last movie i saw in theatres was civil war, which was while disappointing, not nearly as much as this was

Thanks m8. I'm going to pirate this one for sure :3

>go to watch Scream Unseen, it's Blair Witch
>after the movie they put up the iconic stick figures all outside the theater room corridor
>girlfriend too busy catching pokemon to even notice
what a pleb

>Having a job that lets you do cool shit to freak out/immerse clientele more

can respect

>ywn chilling in your eternally dark maze forest

>ywn get to mess with dumbshit intruders for wrecking your peace and quiet

power of voodoo

>qt purple-haired bird in Blair Witch
>oh hey she qt
>all panicky from the weird shit in the forest
>those stick figures are voodoo dolls or some shit and foot injury girl snaps one
>see her fucking spine go backwards and she's gurgling blood
>mfw

youtube.com/watch?v=WVqGROfiKmA

>putting jump scares
>into your blair witch
>enjoying it

Hello, underage

Who do?

Do you actually get to see the witch this time?

Y O U D O

Do What?

am i the only one who noticed the "found footage" with the guys sister was filmed by him?

there was some weird time shit going on here, lol. they slept til 2pm, but to the other group it was 5 days. then the next time we see the creepy guy, he has a heavy heard; even though it's only been ours for the other group.

Cloverfield was good though and it had CGI.

it was fucking shit
fuck you and fuck your blatant fucking advertising

I want to watch this movie but I fucking hate jump scares.

come back when you're older than 14

cloverfield was not good.

I loved the time dilation aspect.

>YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT SHE TELLS YOOOOOU
>knocks her out and shoves her in a hole
That was legit unsettling. So much good stuff in here squandered by the fact that I legit couldn't give a single fuck about any of the characters. Tumblr Hair and Wackjob were fun, and I didn't mind the black guy straight up wanting to fucking kill them, but cute nigger, filmschool gf and the MC were kinda bland as all shit and were only there for bad shit to happen to them.

Half a second shot, looks like a cross between slendy and bigfoot.

I'm not defending this movie since I haven't even seen it yet, but anyone who thinks it should have simply been a repeat of the original movie is an absolute fucking idiot. If the original Blair Witch came out today it wouldn't even be a blip on the found footage radar. It is ridiculously tame compared to where found footage has gone since then.

>It looked like 2 stories from outside but they definitely went up three flights of stairs not including the basement...and wasn't the house's roof flat so where the fuck was a basement-def a magic house.

It's funny, it's actually BECAUSE of that sequence that my mind immediately went to House Of Leaves. If they worked out a way to have three separate directors handling each layer of that book with their own style, I think Wingard could knock a Johnny Truant segment out of the fucking park.

yea, beard guy was like "you look exactly the same,"'as if it had been months to years for him

I saw it coming from the trailers but I thought it was the black girl that was gonna get it, it was simultaneously awesome and horrifying.

anyone have a link to this one?

fandango.com/blairwitch_192753/movietimes

'Member Blair witch?

Fuck off, shill.

Another fucking Blair witch shill. I tho if thought i told you faggots to fuck off