I miss this period of my life... :(

I miss this period of my life... :(

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1wyN9dZ589c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Then build a time machine and kill your old self at the end of said period. You don't have to grow up and we don't have to hear about it. Everyone wins

I still want HL3 game to come out... :(

Matt? Lol.

I do too user, halo 2 was some of my favorite memories in vgs.

Sorry im not Matt, but im probably Matt from another mother, if you will.

Also miss startrek btw

I like how everyone had a halo co-op buddy back int he day

I miss it too user, I have two original xboxes, one is modded, holding on to them in hopes I can get a few friends together for some old school halo 2 LAN

>brush off old xbox
>check friends list
>last seen 11 years ago
>mfw

We would play legendary hard mode, with all skulls like every frucking week trying to beat our score and time.

My brother and I would 1v1 on Lockout and he'd grab shotty and sniper. every fucking time. Nostalgia.

loved lockout I'd usually go for sniper and br, but shotgun sniper on lockout not bad on the tight lower levels

me too mate, me too :(

Oh god yes, its been so fuckign long ago i had to actually REALLY try my best to get through a single player game...hell one segment on legendary with all skulls would sometimes take me hours because of the autosave system fuckign me over haha ...god damn i miss doing that.

Nostalgia ...you got that right. God damn it i wish all i had to worry about in life was being good at halo and going to school...i really fee

Please fucking stop user

I really feel like 2004 was a great fucking time to be young*

Yeah, I can't tell if I am sad or happy when recollecting over these memories.

sad. def sad

>TFW you had a chance to go MLG pro but mom wouldnt drive you down to the tournaments, and dad was busy working.

Ill just leave this here.

youtube.com/watch?v=1wyN9dZ589c

Me too but I regularly play the Master Chief collection co-op, basically the same but better looking for most of it. Also got halo 5, but boy.. that game sucks + they also removed the co-op, wonder what they were thinking on that one.

The good old days! The victory days!

If I ever built or came across a time machine I know exactly what I would do.

I would go back in time to my younger self, around age 7-9.

I would show up at home when I was at school, introduce myself to my parents and claim that I came from a post-apocalyptic timeline, where 9/11 happened and sent us straight into a nuclear war with Russia, would claim that Trump was president in 2017 and saved us from robots and cyborgs with the help of Elon Musk.

Would train my younger self in combat and survival aswell as science, physics and mechanical skills.

Claim I was a hero sent back in time to stop the meme war
that feel when everyone doesn't know what a meme is in the early 90's fucking casuals

outskirts was my favorite level, would play over and over, but always get kinda bored once you went into the broken tunnel after fighting along the shoreline and restart just to play the beginning

>basically the same
NO IT ISNT
THE ENGINE IS DIFFERENT
IT PLAYS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM ORGINAL

There are no halos after 3.

Be 35 and partially disabled like me, with 3nough money to buy lots of games.

It aint all its cracked up to be, id rather be working and out in the world.

Grass is always greener

Oh god, i feel sad and happy at the exact same time..
Checked, ODST was the last bungie game i really enjoyed, after that it just started to loose everything i liked about halo.

FUCKING ARBY AND CHIEF
Who remembers those motherfuckers?

What are you talking about, it is not basically the same

Hold me user.

You're walking the streets of Old Mombasa when this guy suddenly walks up and calls you a demon and worts at you.
Wyd?

>and worts at you

>turn on xbox
>aaaahhhhhhaaaahhhhhahahah waaaaaaa ahhhhhhaaaaah ahha hah hah ah
>BUMD DA DA DUUMMM DUMM DA DABUMM
>little brother runs down the stairs
>CAN I PLAY?

You didn't mis anything

(PCMASTERRACE)

>get to the stage where the flood are revealed.
>he literally shits his pants from being scared and runs to parents
>To this day it is still my fault

I preferred Halo 3 but that is also because I didn't get live until 2006. Had I got it when Halo 2 came out I might think differently about it idk. In general I just miss the days when Halo was good.

Every damn time...

What are you talking about the latest version of halo 3 is amazing.

halo 5 is alive and well. pc and xbone

you faggot.

does Xbox connect have any community left?

get out

star trek is on tv all the time.

>does Xbox connect have any community left?
not where i live, just shitty shows like game of thrones

you get MeTV or BBC America?

Nope.

where do you live

The Netherlands

Used to have a great time doing glitch servers on halo 2. Always some guy that knew of a new way to get on top of buildings high up in the air. Or the invisible stairs. Or the place you could make it so you fell through the ground and landed on the sky box so your character would be projected unto the world background. Rocket launcher/sword glitching to fly to hidden places. Truly a masterpiece.

damn that sucks. buy it on dvd :)

Cairo was good for that, you could finish almost the entire map sniping the shit from rooftops...also halo forge maps where fun to glitch out of and exploit...thanks for reminding me user.

Yeah i know, i guess i just miss the time where we where occupied and fascinated with the future of humanity, now all we talk about is politics. distracted from progress itself.

>implying Halo 5 is actually good in any way, shape, or form.

Faggot.

They memed it so hard that we now have to tolerate this cancerous "opinion" on the internet from now on. In reality a lot of them are baiting and don't actually believe it to be a good game or even played the game.

my recommendation is try cultivating online community with likeminded sane people (not Sup Forums)

Thats not a bad idea user, ill probably get on that this weekend. thanks.
>not Sup Forums
Yeah no kidding, these kids are content with watching penises and calling each other niggers and cucks for the rest of their lives

ODST and Reach were good

Halo was the game that introduced plebs to first person shooters. It was mediocre at best but all the plebs not having known any better thought it was an awsome game.

THIS, absolutely unequivocally entirely exactly precisely this

salty counterstrike source player detected

Tfw you will never play Halo for the first time again

Actually I gave up on counterstrike when it hit version 1.0. Long before plebs even knew what online gaming was.

thats a pretty rare feels you got there...

>1.0
Ok youre clearly just autistic and hate change, go fucking end your life you worthless sack of shit.

I played cs from beta 0.3 to 1.0. I didn't like it that much to be honest I find it boring. 1.0 is when all the hackers started showing up. I started playing online shooters in 1996 with Quake. In 2001 when halo came out all the plebs that missed out on the golden age of shooters thought halo was the second coming of Christ. But really they had no frame of reference to know how mediocre the game was.

I would go back in time and tell myself to read this book, comprised of my life so far. Than I would ask, "Is this really what you wanted?"

If you are implying people are playing, yes it is alive and well. If you are implying Halo 5 is a great and successful game:
Literally, no.

Halo 5 was one of the worst games in the series and even the company knew it. I mean, the game can be beaten in under 6 hours. And it was the most linear of them all. Why do you think they focused ONLY on multiplayer content? You didn't see a damn thing in the media about story arch or anything other than, "Hey look, new bad guys... Now back to that awesomely stupid anti-halo gameplay multiplayer that seems suspiciously similar to every recently released COD game out there."

Feel free to make a butthurt rebuttal.

Eh, if you're one of those quake guys i dotn blame you. id be pissed too if the gaming industry turned its back on skill based projectile shooters like quake and UT.

Yeah totally. That's pretty much what I'm getting at. Halo marked the end of skill and the beginning of dumbed down slow hold your hand game play. The Quake and UT scene in their day was pretty epic.

My favorite was always Delta Halo.

I both agree with you and love halo at the same time. the picture is you btw

When I first played CE nothing compared. It was the best FPS I had ever played.

Now granted I didn't really game on PC until much later but Halo CE was the first console FPS to have really solid controls to so it made an already great game even better. I put Halo 1-3 only behind Doom 1 and 2. Halo mp is the best for me though.

this is what we get for tolerating games like Titanfall selling a multiplayer only game at 60$ and then charge for dlc to boot.

Guilty as charged. But we now live in a world where Overwatch is the most popular fps and kids spend their time playing autistic MOBAS and mine craft. It's like the special Olympics.

I swear to god ive had this conversation before with handiman 3 years ago...but yeah dont get me started about overwatch. ive already lost faith in good video-games coming out in my lifetime.

single-players get rushed, gutted and overhyped.
Multiplayer are just lootbox slot machines.