Are christians mentally ill?

believing in a christian god without literally any evidence is entirely illogical and based on emotion.

therefore we can conclude that all devout christian are extremely mentally disabled. believing in christianity because of the bible is the same as believing in magic because of the harry potter books

religion is the opiate of the masses. it is a drug for weak willed betas who cannot stand the thought of their existence ending.

Other urls found in this thread:

bioviva-science.com/2016/04/21/first-gene-therapy-successful-against-human-aging/
youtube.com/watch?v=eYuSHz7uOv4
youtube.com/watch?v=a_5o4WGPzqE
youtube.com/watch?v=rUV4CSs0HzI&list=PLftzcs-q3kU7pR8s8S6_LkyH6Y_fe1BWm&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=UAp6KUwEBZs
youtube.com/watch?v=fIrZZHC27QQ
youtube.com/watch?v=t8Zb5AhU0eI
youtube.com/watch?v=Ljv4eKEHYD4
youtube.com/watch?v=YTdKznTA9iY&list=LLbRgQ9CvqoVGflKZ0X2P2fA&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=gHofTmolbi0
youtube.com/watch?v=bYrSkikZhxI&nohtml5=False
youtube.com/watch?v=Y2xv3XwOVaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7sA8nloFLbs
youtube.com/watch?v=As_tG_rxTaI&nohtml5=False
youtube.com/watch?v=cxMkMBXAVZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=2AVxRVXHYqo
youtube.com/watch?v=dPTcnZXN8WY&nohtml5=False
youtube.com/watch?v=s9_o7NGTkJc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Prayer helped me recover from my last bout of depression. I hadn't been practicing my faith for years beforehand, and in those times, it gave me tremendous peace.
Therefore being a Christian prevents mental illness.

I feel sorry for atheists with no spirituality. Different peoples throughout history have had their own gods and beliefs to guide them through life, because we have a psychological need to project our subconscious onto particular archetypes. To deny God - no matter who your God is - is to deny part of what it means to be human. As Voltaire said, if God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent Him.

God is a metaphor for culture.

Following the bible yeilds christian culture, koran for islamic culture, etc.

The belief isn't literally in god, it is in the Christian world or Islamic world, etc.

>Le fedora tip
Blackscienceman.jpg

>religion is the opiate of the masses.

Yes it is

But why do you only talk about Christianity? Are you scared to talk down about other religions?

Kek

I think the word "religion" means everyone else.

>that pussy to need a religion

You're a faggot stop being an emotional queer

The thing I dont understand is why do Christians try to stop all of this gay marriage vstuff and other sinful things? If I was Christian vivwould welcome all of it because if im correct thats when judgement day draws near right?

The longer these "sins" such as gay marriage and transgender last, the more these preachers and believers have to keep twisting words.

Jesus isnt coming back. He never was here. You and many more generations of your family will live out your lives and die. We were a mistake, a enormously large mistake.

You are making the claim that there is no God. Do you have any proof? How can the perfect conditions for life and us existing happen just by coincidence and not by God? What about the apparitions and Jesus' miracles? What caused the Big Bang?

okay, why should we still have it though, it's useless and all it really does is hold people back to the date it was made.

most here are probably christian.

burden of proof
I can't prove your god is fake as much as you can't prove Zeus is fake.
Also, can a theist answer a question I'm legitimately wondering about, do the people who were never told about the correct certain religion go to hell? Like the Japanese or Aztecs in the past ya know.

>quoting Marx

Shoo, shoo kike. I don't like to use the fedora meme but when you're using memes that look like they're from the Cheezburger network 2009-era sometimes it needs to be done. No one on this board is religious anyways, there's a difference between being a Christian and believing in Christianity.

Don't you ever get tired fucking kike

you do realize if science cannot answer a question, it just ignores the fucking question?

Science has proved what god and the supernatural aren't, but it cannot yet prove what they are, mostly because there are literally millions of different philosophical definitions of god, some of which require significant advances in current understanding.

Atheism is a religion by the simple fucking concept of zero, which you cunts don't seem capable of understanding.

Anyone who is actually smart doesn't give a fuck, mostly because immortality is possible, making the god question moot.

m'lady

Probably. You can only go to heaven if you follow the teachings of Jesus.

Christianity built the west, that has to count for something

I need not see, i know

God may not be real but it would be foolish to discount Christianity's contributions to Western philosophy, art and culture as a whole.

>mostly because immortality is possible, making the god question moot.

Fucking what?

biological immortality.
digital immortality
robot stuff.
etc.

Maybe you have studied the spiral helix DNA strand? How could you deny the creator after seeing the signature of God?

St. Thomas, in his Summa Theologica, sets forth five separate proofs for the existence of God, Unlike St. Anselm's proof, which deals with pure concepts, St. Thomas' proofs rely on the world of our experience-what we can see around us. In these proofs we can easily see the influence of Aristotle and his doctrine of the Four Causes.

l) The Proof from Motion. We observe motion all around us. Whatever is in motion now was at rest until moved by something else, and that by something else, and so on. But if there were an infinite series of movers, all waiting to be moved by something else, then actual motion could never have got started, and there would be no motion now. But there is motion now. So there must be a First Mover which is itself unmoved. This First Mover we call God.

2) The Proof from Efficient Cause. Everything in the world has its efficient cause--its maker--and that maker has its maker, and so on. The coffee table was made by the carpenter, the carpenter by his or her parents, and on and on. But if there were just an infinite series of such makers, the series could never have got started, and therefore be nothing now. But there is something everything there is! So there must have been a First Maker, that was not itself made, and that First Maker we call God.

3) The Proof from Necessary vs. Possible Being. Possible, or contingent, beings are those, such as cars and trees and you and I, whose existence is not necessary. For all such beings there is a time before they come to be when they are not yet, and a time after they cease to be when they are no more. If everything were merely possible, there would have been a time, long ago, when nothing had yet come to be. Nothing comes from nothing, so in that case there would be nothing now! But there is something now-the world and everything in it-so there must be at least one necessary being. This Necessary Being we call God.

4) The Proof from Degrees of Perfection. We all evaluate things and people in terms of their being more or less perfectly true, good, noble and so on. We have certain standards of how things and people should be. But we would have no such standards unless there were some being that is perfect in every way, something that is the truest, noblest, and best. That Most Perfect Being we call God.

5) The Proof from Design. As we look at the world around us, and ourselves, we see ample evidence of design--the bird's wing, designed for the purpose of flight; the human ear, designed for the purpose of hearing; the natural environment, designed to support life; and on and on. If there is design, there must be a designer. That Designer we call God

β€œThe religious world is but the reflex of the real world. And for a society based upon the production of commodities, in which the producers in general enter into social relations with one another by treating their products as commodities and values, whereby they reduce their individual private labour to the standard of homogeneous human labour – for such a society, Christianity with its cultus of abstract man, more especially in its bourgeois developments, Protestantism, Deism, &c., is the most fitting form of religion.”
― Karl Marx, Das Kapital - Capital

>1 post by this ID
it's bait you morons

>implying that there aren't retards who genuinely think like this

Imagine the backlash if OP criticized Islam on Sup Forums. It's not like that's in anyway common here. OP definitely didn't mention Christianity because that's the most popular religion on Sup Forums

Agreed.

1)
>Whatever is in motion now was at rest until moved by something else except God he created himself too.
2)
>Everything in the world has its efficient cause--its maker--and that maker has its maker, and so on except we're not going to apply any of this to our God. He made himself.
3)
>Nothing can ever come from nothing. Except something did come from nothing, God.
4)
>Humans have standards therefore God exists?
5)
Natural selection faggot

placebo is a thing. i understand that. youre still wrong, but i dont really care either way. if believing in a god or some higher power floats your boat, great. knock yourself out. dont see why anyone should give a fuck one way or the other.

White atheism is perhaps the Jews greatest weapon.

>Whatever is in motion now was at rest until moved by something else except God he created himself too

just a suggestion, most religions define god as being outside of time, seeing as time cannot exist independent of the universe.
if it exists outside of time it doesn't need a beginning.
it just doesn't.

If you study a little Superstring theory, the definition of the 10th dimension is quite literally the definition of most representations of God.

Read Rene Girard or his protege Eric Gans.

>protohuman primates seized by intraspecific violence
>alpha-beta hierarchy breaking down
>mimetic crisis solved by inauguration of lynch mob around arbitrary victim
>all of human culture elaborates this victimage mechanism
>The Gospels record the event whereby the victimage mechanism began to lose its efficacy

Christ issued in modernity, whereby humans no longer produced sacrificial rites and myth-making but texts of persecution. Before the scientist existed, there was the paraclete--the advocate for the victim.

Here you go user.

It's a good read.

bioviva-science.com/2016/04/21/first-gene-therapy-successful-against-human-aging/

I'd go even further user.

God speaks, and vibrates the quantum strings that give our universe substance.

>I know god exists, and I know the religion I was brought up on is the correct one
How fedora do you have to be to actually think this?

I find it odd that the all powerful all knowing Christian God willingly allowed his rules to be perverted by ignorant scribes. Or that he didn't convey his "True" message to every culture around the world.

>he thinks we have no evidence
user....

youtube.com/watch?v=eYuSHz7uOv4 - Carl Baugh Interview
youtube.com/watch?v=a_5o4WGPzqE - David Lines Interview - Many more interviews on that channel.
youtube.com/watch?v=rUV4CSs0HzI&list=PLftzcs-q3kU7pR8s8S6_LkyH6Y_fe1BWm&index=1 - Creation Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=UAp6KUwEBZs - Dead Sea Scrolls OT and NT before 68 AD
youtube.com/watch?v=fIrZZHC27QQ - Extra Biblical Sources of Jesus in History
youtube.com/watch?v=t8Zb5AhU0eI - Biblical Archeology [Stones of Israel] With Don Patton Ph.D
youtube.com/watch?v=Ljv4eKEHYD4 - New Testament Archaeology With Don Patton Ph.D
youtube.com/watch?v=YTdKznTA9iY&list=LLbRgQ9CvqoVGflKZ0X2P2fA&index=1 - Exploration of The City of David in Jerusalem
youtube.com/watch?v=gHofTmolbi0 - 06 - The Resurrection of Jesus by Tim McGrew
youtube.com/watch?v=bYrSkikZhxI&nohtml5=False - Jericho Found
youtube.com/watch?v=Y2xv3XwOVaQ - Ruins of Sodom and Gomorrah Found
youtube.com/watch?v=7sA8nloFLbs - Pharaoh's Chariot Wheels in the Red Sea
youtube.com/watch?v=As_tG_rxTaI&nohtml5=False - 40 Archaeology Facts
youtube.com/watch?v=cxMkMBXAVZ8 - The Creation Model vs Evolution Model
youtube.com/watch?v=2AVxRVXHYqo - The History and the facts about The Ark of Noah Dr. Don Patton
youtube.com/watch?v=dPTcnZXN8WY&nohtml5=False - Creation Astronomy: The Heavens Declare the Glory of God
youtube.com/watch?v=s9_o7NGTkJc - Our Solar System: Evidence of Creation

someone took the time to make that image

You should probably pick up and read a Bible before you accept just anything you're told online.

memes aside, if you seriously believe religion and base your life around what its holy book says then you are probably stupid, gullible and naive.

how can someone possibly think any of it is real despite its own entirely anecdotal evidence, and despite the evidence of today that completely shits all over what it reads

But seriously, why does God have so many logical fallacies? Instead of proving once and for all he is the correct path to salvation, he ignores all other cultures to grow and produce their own religions that reflect their own culture and it's customs.

I've come to the conclusion that no one with an IQ over about 85 actually believes in their religion, they just enjoy the community/support the cultural values/need the coping mechanism effect/want to virtue signal/whatever and go along with it.

This is why only small children and the mentally ill in the west are legitimately scared of going to hell and people are only willing to actually kill and die for their religion en mass in third world shitholes with low IQ populations like the mid east and africa.

You can tell this by how if you talk to any religious person face to face they'll say something wishy washy like "well it's just nice to know Jesus has my back, I take it on faith" and people on Sup Forums only ever argue the cultural aspects since they know the supernatural elements are not real.

Jesus Christ is Lord!

is this post satire? what a bunch of stupid videos

He Is who He Is. I have no doubts concerning His existence.

His methods? I don't know. However I used to be a hard core atheist and evidence brought me uncomfortably at His doorstep.

We are all sinners and need Jesus Christ.

But the human condition sucks, it'd be awesome to be non-human

Are you satire?

>Believing that space came to be from a hot egg

I wish there was a way to tell if you were being serious or not

Reminder: Anti-Christian is code for anti-nationalism, anti-white and anti-capitalism. Atheism is the tool of Communism and the right hand of Zionism.

You could find out by accepting Jesus Christ into your heart right now.

Most of the shitty stuff in the Bible is in the Old Testament, which really is the "Jewish Bible" aka the Torah.
Christians are more concerned with the teachings of Jesus.

The true religion is memes my friend. Christianity is a very powerful meme that serves our lives well and provides the foundation for a great enlightened western society. By following Christianity we are pursuing one of the most enduring memes, and bringing us closer to the universal truth underlying the universe.

Church is pretty cool they have free donuts and the girls do anal

>atheists actually think we have no proof

Is there anything worse than these /r/atheism tier posters, who don't even know what Christian Apologetics are?

The way they deny any credibility to religion, but proclaim with the greatest of zeal that the world came from Nothing, and is absolutely meaningless. This ability to convert oneself to indoctrination so easily is almost beautiful.

How men can claim to be the greatest of thinkers, but become the greatest fools and bigots to be found.

>atheists actually think we have no proof

You actually don't.

We have a lot actually. A lot.

Fun pet project for you. Go find a single star birth that has been recorded.

>based on emotion.
>mentally ill
Well, I'm going to say that your belief that you exist is not a proven thing, and you are probably mentally ill.

>In those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will long to die, but death will escape them.
Revelation 9:6.

It's not like this was predicted or anything.

The old testament is cryptic. And I mean actually and literally cryptic.
This here, is simple translation from Genesis 5 names, from Adam to Noah.

What....the fuck???
Is this real?

What does it mean?

It means that Genesis has the basic quideline of NT in it, and that Jews are full of shit as always for ignoring it (pure coincidence, right).

Guideline*

Its real. Go look at yourself. Download Blue Letter Bible, or Bible Sword. Use the Concordance.

Amen

Be fair. Jesus Christ put the blindfold on them.

I've never seen anything like this before

So does this mean the stories in the old testament are metaphorical?
So like every time the Bible mentions "Adam", it's metaphorically talking about "Man" as a concept?

No its not metaphorical. Its a literal account of history. If you have trouble with that I'd suggest watching videos by Dr. Don Patton and going to creationwiki and creation.com.

Also it is Chuck Missler I believe who made this discovery. He does a great job of explaining the internal structure of the Bible.

>In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony sciencey words. But because, I am enlightened by my parasitic cuckoldry.

Hello.

Emotion is actually healthy.

A Brazilian would know best. How is that situation going on down there with the female leader taken out?

There is no reason without context. Religion gives context for everything. Without it, reason loses its meaning.

For example SJWs and degeneracy are allowed because of this. "It doesn't affect you, therefore keep it going." Of course, ignoring other contexts as it suits you... "You're a straight white male, you can't have an opinion!"

These are direct follow-ups from leaving religion. Anything goes.

I agree but I don't think most people care and even in the face of evidence they don't care.

too pussy to say islam, your bait is 0/10