I don't get it

I don't get it
Everything about them is so cheesy. The music is pop-punk, their image is gross, and there's also something very homoerotic about it all. Compared to other horror-punk bands like the Damned or the Cramps, this is just garbage. Why are they so acclaimed? Is it just cause they have a great logo?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I18ZUEQxFiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KcxN86BHlJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=zursXP-8p1k
youtube.com/watch?v=rqq0OKITlxg
youtube.com/watch?v=VsW7FOnRfZA
youtube.com/watch?v=2qjThdQrCOM
youtube.com/watch?v=353Ngbz70sY
youtube.com/watch?v=Ov9qLzarIFE
youtube.com/watch?v=Ux1Za8Wmz_s
youtube.com/watch?v=sDzUFA6CVig
youtube.com/watch?v=paFnxjjg9yo
youtube.com/watch?v=2OiSEr1-LYk
youtube.com/watch?v=vTf6wGPF1bI
youtube.com/watch?v=d5rsM96ztNw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's partially because they have a great logo, and they're still better than every other Horror Punk group other than the Damned and the Cramps. Also probably because Danzig did some great work after as well. Still pretty good though desu.

>Everything about them is so cheesy. The music is pop-punk, their image is gross, and there's also something very homoerotic about it all.

I think you listened to the Graves era albums by mistake.
Here, listen to the real shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=I18ZUEQxFiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KcxN86BHlJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=zursXP-8p1k
youtube.com/watch?v=rqq0OKITlxg
youtube.com/watch?v=VsW7FOnRfZA

you don't have to get it. People like them for everything you just said

Don't forget about Calabrese in this Horror Punk list you got going on.

I don't know a single person who likes their music, but I see that logo everywhere. It's almost exclusively the logo. I don't think their music is even all that highly acclaimed

See the problem is that you listened to the wrong era of the band. Everything besides the Danzig stuff is complete trash.

No believe me, everything I've heard of them is from Danzig. Those songs listed didn't really change my mind, thank you though.

this is probably it I guess, I just was hoping their was something I was missing

>their image is gross
kill yourself numale. also damned and cramps are shit.

>I don't think their music is even all that highly acclaimed

Danzig-era Misfits are one of the most highly regarded and widely-respected bands in punk history.

>damned and cramps are shit.
shit taste detected, you go into the gas chamber with OP

Heard it at 15 when I knew fuck all about music and that's how I've always heard it since. From the ears of an angsty, edgy, little faglet with a devil lock and bleached hair and no idea what he was so upset about.

You're right, though. The Damned and The Cramps have far richer back catalogues.

london dungeon is a banger of a song

Eh, it's a shame you can't get into them but what can I do.
Did you hear Samhain, Glenn's post-Misfits, pre-Danzig band? They had more of a deathrock/post-punk sound going on, maybe they'd appeal to you more. Frankly, I think November-Coming-Fire is better than anything the man ever did with the Misfits.

youtube.com/watch?v=2qjThdQrCOM
youtube.com/watch?v=353Ngbz70sY
youtube.com/watch?v=Ov9qLzarIFE

>also damned and cramps are shit.

The Damned are the best thing to come out of first-wave UK punk. Those first 4-5 albums never get old.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ux1Za8Wmz_s
youtube.com/watch?v=sDzUFA6CVig
youtube.com/watch?v=paFnxjjg9yo
youtube.com/watch?v=2OiSEr1-LYk

HYBRID MOMENTS

>implying Misfits aren't nu males punk band of choice

>implying Misfits aren't nu males punk band of choice

Nu-males love The Clash and the Dead Kennedys, they don't give a shit about the Misfits.

Just in case this isn't a troll:
Dude, you really need to back up and try to actually understand something instead of saying it's shit because you don't like it, then saying that the things that you don't like about it make it shit.

>music is pop-punk
This simply isn't true. We've got Mommy can I Go Out and Kill Tonight (which goes harder than literally anything The Damned or The Cramps ever released, not saying it's better, but it's grittier and more aggressive then either of those band's outputs), All Hell Breaks Loose (same deal), Return of the Fly (which is really 60's-esque and dark)and London Dungeon
>Their image is gross
I guess I see what your saying if you take their entire career into account, but if you're thinking about the albums that are actually horror punk, i would say that their image was just stereotypical for the genre (though they were actively helping invent that stereotype) Like, I don't see how The Cramps' image differs, excepting the sex and drugs aspect of the whole thing. That video of Danig showing you his books is pretty gross though, I think it's from that time, so i'll give you that,
>Homoerotic
????????????????
if you get an inherently homophobic vibe from early Misfits then you think about gay shit way too often, i'm a bisexual man who has loved the misfits for 8 years and i have never gotten a homoerotic vibe from them. Seriously dude, that's just you. Maybe the album cover of Famous Monsters gets you excited? It's worth noting that the band didn't make it a thing to be buff until their second era

If you really want to know why they're so critically acclaimed, it's because their music was widely acclaimed within a niche genre that they came to represent. Same reason The Cramps are Horror Punk icons, they were at the forefront of a unique genre and their early output helped define that genre. Also, aesthetic is worth noting. the Misfits played a huge role in defining the aesthetic that came to be associated with horror punk

>damned and cramps are shit.
FUCK OOF

oh yea nothing homoerotic at all about a bunch of jacked, oiled up shirtless men wearing leather costumes and makeup...

>why are they so acclaimed?

Danzigs solo stuff was better

>oh yea nothing homoerotic at all about a bunch of jacked, oiled up shirtless men wearing leather costumes and makeup...

All the Misfits members were skinny, lanky dweebs in the Danzig years though, and leather and makeup were always commonplace in punk.

youtube.com/watch?v=vTf6wGPF1bI

Shirtless muscular men is pretty gay desu

Samhain >>> Danzig > Misfits desu

Have you listened to them for long/repeatedly or just the once? I never used to like The Misfits originally but after some repeated listening they grew on me a lot and I really enjoy their stuff now.

Walk Among Us > Static Age > 12 Hits From Hell >Earth AD/Wolfs blood > All non-Danzig shit.

Although Mars Attacks and Father were great tracks.

I literally explained in the post that that image wasn't tacked onto the misfits' persona until later on in their career. This is the misfits in 1979. nobody is shirtless, nobody is buff.

tbf you posted that 15 seconds before I posted mine and I hadn't updated

>Walk Amung Us > Static Age & 12 Hits

I used to prefer Static Age but after a lot of re-listens I prefer Walk Among Us overall now. My favourite Misfits track used to be Hybrid Moments but I think it's Astro Zombies now, that might have something to do with it.

>Amung

misfits are goat, fuck off

They aren't acclaimed. Anyone who takes music seriously knows that their only audience is edgy 14-year-olds who have just discovered punk.

You're embarrasing yourself.

tHEEZ HYBRID MOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENTS

I GOT SOMETHING TO SAYY

I RAPEDDDDDD A BABY TODAYYYYYYYYYYY

>The music is pop-punk
Pop-punk wasn't a thing at the time. Do you think the Ramones are pop punk?

>what are the Buzzcocks

Danzig (specifically the Earth A.D. era) is their best. Everything after is fucking horrible and they should have just changed their name. Everything before was much more raw, some would argue that it's their best era.

Danzig's voice is different, but instrumentally speaking, it's not that different from hardcore bands like Necros, Poison Idea, etc. The only real difference between The Misfits and these bands is the whole B-movie horror aesthetic.

If you don't like the guitar on Earth A.D., you probably just don't like punk.

>I don't get it
Everything about them is so cheesy.

That's why exactly I like them, I just think they're fun to listen to

their first album is one of the most fun punk records of all time

back in the day they were the shit. Also, you had to go to their shows to really "get" them. Idk. I can see why they arent everyones cup of tea. But for punk fans, there was a lot to like

>Everything after is fucking horrible.

youtube.com/watch?v=d5rsM96ztNw

Nah you just don't like punk really.

Static Age and Legacy of Brutality (whichever you prefer) is just fun halloween music. It's just shitty punk, they didn't try hard or anything . Just listen to that one album and have fun pretending you're in some 50s spooky halloween graveyard