How obscure is your taste in music, Sup Forums?

How obscure is your taste in music, Sup Forums?

To calculate your obscurity score just go to the following site:
yellowjelly.github.io/obscurity.html

After that, post your top 10 albums of all time and your obscurity score.

Feel free to post your obscurity score in this poll as well!
strawpoll.me/13636697
(It's the same poll from the last thread)

What does the obscurity score mean? It's roughly how obscure your taste in music is when compared to Sup Forums, so an obscurity score of 80% means your taste is more obscure than 80% of Sup Forums
Judging from the responses from the last thread however, the results are skewed towards the 50%, with less people than expected getting scores lesser than 10% and higher than 90%.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4tZamFKyPwM
last.fm/search?q=mØster
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

have sex

woo!

enough said
youtube.com/watch?v=4tZamFKyPwM

Should i kill myself?

Here's mine. I included genre tags in case people were curious...

>Shoegaze/Jungle
Interesting
Also, what does the "NASA Rk" mean?

inb4
>go back to bed gramps
or
>fuck off dad

18%.
Damn it feels good to be normie who is regarded to have a good taste in real life.

This is okay I guess

Fuck off

>NASA rk
Just shorthand for space rock my b

>favorite
>all time

Flawed

who is this semen demon

fuck offc shit btch

rate my taste

Just post your current favorite like everybody else

0/10

>Sup Forums
>taste

listen to Big Rare almost exclusively so I guess I listen to really obscure music.

>11 last.fm listeners
damn

stop making these threads amg

Muh new score following the rules propper.
What's different with this thread A-MG?

Nothing. This time I just need more data, that's why the strawpoll from this thread is the same as the previous one.

mfw grandpa taste

>thrack

eat shit

Ok,
Glad somebody noticed.

XD I really do like some weird stuff lol!!!1!

I think these are still great. Obscure albums usually let me down since they aren't too consistent.

I'd probably give you a ride if you were about to get raped in a bad neighbourhood. Just because of JWH.

This is super reddit, no kidding

rate me, please

5/10 not that bad

no your good

I actually won without cheating, faggot.

I know some of those artists, not obscure enough

>Fire! Orchestra
>Sleep
>Earth
>Begnagrad
>Digibro (wtf?)
>Tera Melos
>yet 90%
Weird.

>the heat
do you mean this heat?

I have a theory in every thread Avant-Math God of Sup Forums is always in this thread. does Avant-Math God of Sup Forums make these threads?

>does Avant-Math God of Sup Forums make these threads?
No idea to be honest.

the miami heat?

Yes, it's kinda obvious

>This is super reddit, no kidding
so?

your taste sucks

>01. Vince Staples Big Fish Theory
ok kiddo

yes, he turns off his trip so you can't filter the threads. it's aggravating

That wasn't me.

>Asobi Seksu - Citrus
>Ride - Going Blank Again
>She Her Her Hers - stereochrome
>John Zorn - Naked City
>McCoy Tyner - The Real McCoy
>At The Drive In - Relationship of Command
>Orange 9mm - Driver Not Included
>Big Star - Radio City
>The Stone Roses - s/t
>Pretend - Tapestry'd Life

Raw score: 5.06
Obscurity score: 63.5%

Eh, could've been worse.

+

~

-

?

>cheating
what

>?
sorry I'm too patrician for you

fuck off

You used Adblock Plus as an artist, dumbass.

Nice typo, bitch.

If I want to list classical, do I have to name the actual recordings? Or the pieces by the composers? Or should I just forgo classical?

pic related

and where would that be? Btw adding an exclamation point to Moster lowered your score.

>adding an exclamation point to Moster lowered your score
Not really. The site/last.fm autocorrects the artist name to the closest match.

>classical
Composer - Work
>example
Ludwig van Beethoven - Symphony No. 9

>not really

You're cheating by using your own shitty album.

prove it

>last.fm/search?q=mØster
Oh, that sucks. Last.fm usually deals well with different names for similar artists. I thought you were thinking that the site reduced his score because one of the "moster"s didn't exist, so it assumed 1 listener.

lol@you

nice try bud

>for similar artists
Meant to say
>for the same artist

>over 98%
Well, we know you aren't talking about your IQ now. You should read the instructions again.

My bad ignore my retarded attempt

>Mala Fama
>Aquelarre
>Crucis
>Spinetta
>Invisible
shit taste che

I wonder if someone can manage to get 0-0.1%

If the top 10 most listened artists on last.fm made your 10 favorite albums, you get an exact score of 0%

I was actually checking how low music from my country could go

Smells Like Teen Spirit is the most scrobbled track on last.fm

>artpop top 3
my nigga

>Fishmans
I like you user

Spinetta is great though

If you don't follow the instructions you can get a positive score for something that should be negative. For example, if you put Coldplay 10 times.

I put Coldplay 10 times before I tried Nirvana, kek

How can this be 50% obscure

Most of it is Sup Forumscore

Why are you surprised that more than 50% of Sup Forums listens to Sup Forumscore? That's how bad this board has become.

errr

there's a lot of good Sup Forumscore albums though, and a lot of them have an overlap with already-considered-good music, I knew 75% of it before I started posting here.

*there are

That's not the problem. The problem is that Sup Forums doesn't talk about anything that isn't Sup Forumscore (realistically speaking).

Probably could've worded that better, but yeah, I fucking hate that. I tried to start a Minutemen thread (already considered Sup Forumscore) and it still got no replies while ITAOTS, MBDTF and Grimes threads filled the catalog.

>Minutemen thread without replies
I see we have already hit a record low.

Not too bad, I must say
Was expecting higher, though.
Pleasantly surprised

30.7%

It's more because it's something you can post here and actually get replies - not getting many in a Minutemen thread, as that guy pointed out, shows Sup Forums's state. I can't make a thread about, say, fucking Orange 9mm because a small handful compared to total board traffic have heard of them. And it's not an unknown band overall.

It's just that Sup Forums's become a self-feeding machine thanks to Sup Forumscore. Sup Forumscore started out as "albums you ought to hear if you want to be able to contribute here as a baseline". Now it's just... what we talk about? And even then not that much because At The Drive In's new album was totally ignored.

Sup Forums's issue is very much a structural issue.

I would say making band threads in general is a bad idea. Doesn't promote much music discovery, unlike genre threads, for example.

>At The Drive In's new album was totally ignored
This is both a good and a bad thing depending on how you look at things. It's good that it happened, but not for the reasons it actually happened.

Sup Forumscore ruined Sup Forums

I mean, I don't mind if there was one thread overall, but DAMN. all but monopolized Sup Forums. As for ATDI, I'm not really that glad, but do with it what you will. And there really isn't a thread to talk about that stuff, yeah. Maybe /daily/, but that's not really it.

Sup Forumscore ruined Sup Forums, I concur, especially as I find that my taste and albums that I consider really good are becoming more and more "obscure" albums, I realize just how much Sup Forums ends up being an endless repeatbox at times with some variation. I have joked about it being Groundhog Day when it comes to memes; now it's noticeable it's not only that.

Can't imagine how that feels for anyone else.

It's not that Sup Forumscore ruined Sup Forums, newfags that treated it like a Bible ruined Sup Forums. Hell, I've been here for like half a year but at least I have my own identity

So, Sup Forumscore ruined Sup Forums?

No

yeah that's about what i expected (woah kanye west isn't obscure? whaaat)

Ptt