there was one and you know it

there is

Source?

>Mario movie
it came out in 1993, and it was ok if you were a kid at the time

it was a gay tim burton tier mario movie

we need Snyder to reboot it

can i get some lore behind this image?

>mfw I liked that 90s Mario movie and I hold this opinion since then.
>mfw nowadays I'm being called contrarian by edgy e-critics.

Because the fun of characters like Mario is that they're relatively aloof of personality, so that players can self insert easier.

It's much easier to put yourself in the game when the character has vague personality traits and such.

That doesn't work so well with a movie, no matter how it done - it'll feel awkward at the least.

It's something you find out by using a reverse image search. First result faggot.

I also like it, and thought the tone was right for a movie adaptation. It was like Blade Runner for kids. What do people expect from a Mario movies? Fucking bouncing turtles and green pipes everywhere?

mario had a cross-over with terminator? thats weird

super mario 64 had a hat that made you turn into metal

I doubt he was even born

What thats movie going to be about he jumps across on blocks and collects gold lol he takes gets a ride on a dinosaur and jumps across brickwall. It doesnt make any sense a movie you meathead get a clue

>'I'm Mario Mario.
>He's Luigi Mario.'

Jesus Christ.

That's the character's actual names from the game.

the characters in the games didn't have last names, the movie came up with those

This image still gives me chills after all these years.

It's okay for nostalgia's sake. Just one of those weird mutant bits of the odd and silly 90's culture,

It's funny how they've never done another movie since then. You'd figure they're about due, but the old one was so lukewarmly received and widely panned that they haven't even attempted another in two decades, even an animated one.

>>mfw nowadays I'm being called contrarian by edgy e-critics.
Because you are contrarian? There's nothing wrong with that.

What's wrong is assuming everyone with a different opinion to you is an "edgy e-critic"

Nintendo has enough money and they've realized they don't need to make a movie to be recognized.