/box/

Previous THIS WEEKEND

>O2 Arena, London - Sky Sports Box Office (UK)
David Haye vs Tony Bellew
Sam Eggington vs Paulie Malignaggi
Ohara Davies vs Derry Matthews

>Barclays Center, New York - CBS (USA) BoxNation (UK)
Keith Thurman vs Danny Garcia

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dfA78TpSl9Y
boxrec.com/boxer/516018
youtube.com/watch?v=eqSHuIRvrjg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for Thurman

youtube.com/watch?v=dfA78TpSl9Y

1-0
WBC super featherweight champion (130 lbs)
WBC lightweight champion (135 lbs)
WBC super lightweight champion (140 lbs)
IBF welterweight champion (147 lbs)
WBC welterweight champion (2×)
WBC light middleweight champion (154 lbs) (2×)
WBA (Super) light middleweight champion
WBA (Super) welterweight champion
WBO welterweight champion

Man I gotta say as much of a paper champion he is, I really appreciate Wilder for staying here in Alabama. I always root for him since he brings boxing over here when I would have to travel like 3-4 states away just to see a fight

Will we ever see a heavyweight boxer who's 7 feet plus and NOT a complete stiff? I'm talking about slick skills and absolutely athletic physique. Completely indomitable.

taishan dong, the complete package

Did Bob Arum drop him or something?

He hasn't fought in years.

Wouldn't cucks love AJ

If there ever was they'd have to create a new division. Valuev was a big stiff idiot and still a world champion due to being a neanderthal

anyone have that PBC stream?

kovalev robbed, fuck andre ward

Did Plant fight already?

next

hes about to fight but all the FS1 streams are down

I've got FSGO so I can watch at work. Wish I could offer people a stream.

Deontay Wilder > Fury

I don't think Pacquiao can KO Khan, lads.

He'll get outboxed and possibly KO'd in the latter rounds.

That was a pretty lame way to end the night

Anyone can KO khan

>too tall
>too long
>too quick
>too slick
>too scandalous for Pacquiao

>fury beat wlad
>deontay beat umm...... Berwhomane?

how's my boxrec looking lads?

boxrec.com/boxer/516018

My 12 year old niece could heem this guy Jesus

the pac-khan fight is happeneing a lot sooner than id have expected

When they say April 23rd do they mean Saturday tolling into Sunday or Sunday rolling into Monday?

I would have thought the Saturday?

Unless they're fighting in Dubai and they schedule it at a time to suit American audiences

Calling out the casual who said this. What a terrible opinion.

I hope it's Saturday night/Sunday morning or I'm fucked

so? :^)

Still laughing at that Brezeale vs. Ugonoh fight

Absolutely EXPOSED

>the absolute state of Jeff Horn

youtube.com/watch?v=eqSHuIRvrjg

Hearn already jumping all over it to say how good it makes Joshua look

>Jeff Horn World #2

/our guys/

Because he's a good promoter and it does make Joshua look better that Breazeale proved he can bang and survive a knockdown given that everyone completely disregarded that win. NZ flags all gone missing

>leaving out my reply

I'm glad I reserved judgement on Ugonoh.

Casual here. Who do you guys think wins Thurman v Garcia and why? Is Garcia really just a shitter with a padded record?

>Who do you guys think wins Thurman v Garcia and why?
I think Thurman but I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever if Garcia won. It's a close fight.
>Is Garcia really just a shitter with a padded record?
Stop with this meme. Garcia has wins over Matthysse, Khan, Peterson, Guerrero and Morales. That's a damn sight better than most Welterweights.

I think Garcia, if only for the reason that he always seems to find a way.

I think there are some legit complaints about some of the standard of opposition he's fought in the last few years, but it is very overstated (kind of similar to the way the fashionable opinion now is to shit on Canelo because people's opinions of how good a boxer he is is obscured by the fact he's not fought Golovkin yet)

Thanks lads

You didn't have a shit opinion so no need to call you out lad, spot on though.

>Joshua is just a can cru-

Holy fuck Wilder can't box at all

Ladies and gentlemen, YOUR wbc heavyweight champion of the world, the most prestigious non lineal belt in all of boxing.

It's such a pity. He has real power, an amusing personality, the right look, but he simply cannot box. AJ sends him to the moon within three rounds. So does Haye. He wouldn't even land a glove on Fury

dat windmill.

Also, did anyone else notice the ref try and stop it about 5-10 seconds earlier when Wilder was swinging like a madman, but didn't because if he got in there he was gonna get caught in the crossfire?

Oh yeah, I think Parker takes him out too, though I guess Wilder might land something on him. That's the one I'd like to see first, actually, since it's the hardest to predict

How shit is Stiverne that he got outboxed by Wilder for 12 rounds?

If he gets another mandatory shot without an eliminator first it's a fucking joke. I'd even pick Whyte to beat him, never mind Ortiz

>you now remember charles martin

Eddie Hearn doesn't believe Khan-Pacquiao will happen, at least not in April

I doubt it'll be Box Office regardless, I think the British public's interest in both Khan and Pacquaio has waned in recent years

He's making a comeback soon apparently

Also he says he wants Whyte vs. Breazeale but reckons Breazeale will be Wilder's next opponent

WE

I thought Ugonoh would edge a decision before the fight. The intensity surprised me. Ugonoh won the first 2 rounds and at that point I thought he'd get a KO around round 6 as he was putting in some solid shots. Then the knockdown happened which changed everything. In round 4 he used up all his energy trying to get the KO and was gassed by round 5. The biggest thing I take from it is that people underestimated Breazeale who is a big man and when 2 lumps start throwing anything can happen.

Fucking Izu

Didn't see the fight, was it a prospect shoots his load early and gasses out episode?

Breazeale will be a step up for Wilder. Wilder tried to box last night, using the left jab to protect his right hand.. and he was arguably down 3-1 on the scorecard going into round 5. Typical Wilder swinging, he puts all his body into his punches which is why he punches hard and leaves himself open.

The PBC commentators calling him "the baddest man on the planet" after the fight is why I want to see him lose badly. An opponent who can take a punch and is his own size is enough to give him problems, he's still below average ability wise.

Ugonoh lost for two reasons: inexperience and size

If he'd faced some sterner tests in his career to date and had learned how to pace himself in a long fight against a tough opponent, he probably would have won this

If he's mentally strong he can bounce back

Basically. Izu started well but Breazeale can take a punch. in Round 5 he was done and not moving his head and Breazeale Joe Smith'd him through the ropes. Very entertaining fight.

Help me make this better.

Looks good lad

Do we know what date (((Eddie Hearn))) and Sky are holding for Brook vs Spence? I want to get some mates up to the Steel City for it and if it's Bramall Lane I only live a mile or so away.

I think it's probably still SBO but with weak numbers. Would need a pretty serious undercard.

Check out Ivan Baranchyk vs. Abel Ramos

May 27th he said most recently but it's either 20th or 27th, when the poster is out it's agreed

Tbh he is a can, stiff af and 0 defence. AJ's resume is better than Wilders imo though

Thurman = Reddit

Garcia = /box/

Szpilka and Duhaupas were solid contenders imo

Parker actually has the best resume of the three, with his wins over Takam and Ruiz Jr (albeit close wins)

Stiverne too

Szpilka is a football hooligan

I like this better than that spicy crap the Aussie posts

Why are all of the Americans hiding at 154 instead of joining the big boys at middleweight? Are they just waiting for Golovkin to retire?

Hurd, Lubin and DeLoach look like excellent young talents to me and they're all actually bigger than GGG

Me too

The criteria for that other one are so arbitrary it's basically meaningless

It'll still be 4 or 5am GMT despite being in Dubai because they want the American market, so no way it's on Sky Box Office. Maybe ITV or BT or that random channel that televised Pacquiao vs. Bradley will swoop in though, especially considering the apparent Khan vs. Hearn beef

Szpilka is shit, Stiverne is shit. Wilder makes his opponents look better than they are. Stiverne ducked Joshua and wanted the WBC to install him as mandatory without fighting again after Povetkin failed test, he knows he can't mix it with the best.

How could chisoras last fight not be on there? Was a complete slug fest, even the trolls were in awe.

'2017 fights of the year'

That was 2016.

It was in December

Oh yeah, lul.

Definitely because Garcia's dad is a maniac racist and Thurman is a coffee shop philosopher

Wilder didn't beat Szpilka though, Szpilka's ankle beat him.

Thanks m80. Will see if I can hold some hotel rooms at a decent rate. [spoiler]I only let female friends stay at mine [/spoiler]

Watching this now, damn son you weren't kidding

>Amir Khan vs Pac

RIP Khab, he's going sleepy

Thurman looks like a Jihadi in that poster

That's why the bomb smoke is in the background

>Keith 'Five Times' Thurman

Champion in recess: Tyson Fury
1. Klitschko
2. Povetkin
3. Joshua
4. Wilder
5. Parker
6. Ortiz
7. Pulev
8. Ruiz
9. Miller
10. Hughie
11. Hammer
12. Breazeale
13. Takam
14. Chisora
15. Duhaupas

Parker above Wilder, otherwise that's a basically a perfect list.

I still have Wilder slightly ahead of Parker based on longevity, the WBC being more prestigious than the WBO, and I think I probably lean towards Wilder sparking Parker out head to head. Parker had that brace of good wins last year but they were very close decisions, and I expect the Hughie fight to be razor close too

>the absolute state of the WBA heavyweight rankings

>the absolute state of the WBA

FTFY

They're actually worse than the WBO these days

Both of them need to be de-recognised

Parker's resume is leagues ahead of Wilder's though, and he has far better boxing fundamentals all over. Titles mean exactly nothing if you've beten nobody to get them.

WBO is about even with the WBC, even with the VADA testing they have a lot more bullshit titles and like to play favourites with the PBC. The IBF has been in clear first place for a while now, they actually enforce their rules properly and expect their champions to defend.

Who you got if/when this one happens lads? Based on last night it's probably not too far off 50/50 if Breazeale can get to round 3.