I wanna see some fighter jets from during the time of the Cold War, (MIGS, SUKHOI, F-15) From the Vietnam War...

I wanna see some fighter jets from during the time of the Cold War, (MIGS, SUKHOI, F-15) From the Vietnam War, and other wars after that time. Also discuss which jet is better than the other would be nice. Couldn't have done this elsewhere, can we get this thread rolling? Alrighty then! Submit gifs, webms of fighter jets if you have any, both jpeg and png images can be accepted. Let's have fun!

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/profile/665779-private_george/&tab=field_core_pfield_11
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Very good! MIG-21 very excellent!

Good stuff guys!

>couldn't have done this elsewhere

Because all those autistic fucks in /k/ don't exist anymore?

Old Crow here. Worked on the F-4E and G. The original wild weasel.
APR-38 was the most elegant, beautiful electronic system I have ever touched. For its day, it was 20 years ahead of its time. It was like the SR-71 of Electronic CounterMeasures.
It was the system that, using range gate rolloff, detonated Surface to Air Missiles miliseconds after launch. Destroying both the missile and the launcher, including whatever other missiles were on the launcher. The system could be darn near automatic too. You could program it to react to any particular threat, and even tell it how close the threat needed to be. The system could control chaff, flares, any ECM pod attached, and even fire A-G missiles. Any of which could be preprogrammed.
The system actually had a fire radius of 235 degrees, so it could fire a missile at targets slightly behind the aircraft.

Remember, this shit was designed and developed in the 1960s.

In comparison, the AN/APR-46 in the F-4E was nothing more than 4 receivers (each hardly better than a modern radar detector), a simple signal processor, a control box, and a 4" round scope. It had shit tier ranging and no fire control. But it did have an annoying target lock warning that you couldn't ignore.

Well my friend, I didn't think the /k/ board would have got much attention then it being here. How about it? You start another fighter jet thread there and come and get me when you make progress with gaining attention user.

Oh very nice to hear sir! This thread is wonderful! Bless you for your service!

Just would like to get your say on SUU-16 gun pods. Were they good? I've done much research on them, but I'd like to hear from your point of view!

They tried to replace it with the EF-111 spark vark, but the ECM was too finicky and it suffered too much down time for repairs. Then they tried to load the E-6 with ECM, but that didn't work out so well either. It took them nearly 30 years to engineer another system that could replace the aging F-4G. They finally made an adequate wild weasel out of the F-18.
The F-14 had some powerful avionics (for its day) that could have been turned into an excellent long range EW platform. But for some reason, they decided to design a whole no aircraft again and again. These days, of course, all the systems on the latest and greatest still have high maintenance down times because they keep going with the cheapest shit they can get away with. Cable maintenance and over G inspections are all too commonplace. Or so I've been told. Been a while since I had me a yard of flight line.

You'd have to talk to a munitions guy. I was ECM and those were definitely not my department.

do you liek war thunder?

>draken
meme fight

Yes I have played before! Favorite WW2 fighter plane simulator! But sadly I'm a novice! I go by the name "private-george" got any tips? forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/profile/665779-private_george/&tab=field_core_pfield_11

kek, you remind me of that guy in 'nymphomaniac'. The 50yo kissless virgin trying to relate to a nympho. She's talking about sex and he's having to relate it to shit like fly fishing.

Thank you for your response! Nice to hear how these pods turned out for air force!

Looks like a low-budget sci-fi attempt at an alien fighter.

British trash