Neighbors house got robbed again so I'll be getting a gun this weekend...

Neighbors house got robbed again so I'll be getting a gun this weekend. I'll be using it for home defense or whatever the fuck, any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wpZdUgBzh7Y
youtu.be/po4nZTO3ES4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Glock 17 with night sights

Buy somthing small. A replaced 22. can kill somone from about 20 yards away. I personally use a 22. LR Ruger LCR for my home protection gun.

Can't go wrong with that P226, m8.

get a 9mm 1911, theyre cheap and ammo is common. never jams, never fucks up

Go to a gun store and handle different pistols, all the suggestions so far are pretty good. I would recommend it be in 9mm and to get a good hollowpoint round, like Federal HSTs or Speer Gold Dots.

357 magnum Lever action muthafucka

I would suggest going to /k/ for this kind of thing but worst case if you need something asap and you're a poorfag with under $200 in your bank account a Hi Point C9 shoots 9mm at roughly what you're pointing at

Bump

How about feeling stable about yourself. Also it wasn't robbed it wad burgled

what's budget

oh brother. never takes long for one of these faggots to show up

I've got about 5K cash right now

Fuck that lol

lol I've got to much pride to buy a hi-point

and you want a handgun yeah? or do you want the best option for home defense?

Get a 20 gauge shotgun bro, that little thing won't do much, but still fine.

they're actually extremely reliable guns OP so you really wouldn't be doing bad if you did get one lol

Bingo. This nigga knows what's up.

Don't get a handgun, handguns are for pussies who can't take the shoulder recoil. Remington 870, get high brass shells for extra power

>again

Gtfo out of here fag 22lr is a pussies bullet. An airsoft pellet hurts more when u get shot

Consider this shit op youtu.be/wpZdUgBzh7Y
its an ugly ass firearm but it shoots things pretty well.

You spelled *glock* wrong

$5k?

Sheeeeeeit.

Get yourself the fuckin bmw of the shotgun world

Benelli m4, you'll be just fine.

If u have a hipoint u can kill the burglar with its ugliness

Glock 19

Not the same user, but I've had a glock chambered in 40 jam on me after while dumping a mag at about the distance you would in a home invasion situation. Glocks are honesty over rated as fuck

A 20 or 12 Gauge pump action is best for home defence. Use BB size pellets, buckshot overpenetrates soft walls and you wouldnt want to risk injuring other persons.

Besides, the sound of ka-chunking Remington 870 or Mossberg 590 slide is what makes most home invaders GTFO.

U know, or people who like one hand manipulation, to operate light switches or other things like doorknobs

12 gauge. #4 lead shot DO BOT GET BB LIKE THE OTHER FAG SAID. he knows nothing

You spelled *grenade* wrong

2 colt action army's one black one silver both chambered in .45

This

For home defense I'd say something along the lines of a .22, like an 1911. Don't wanna go TOO much bigger then that. Home defense laws are weird, it seems if you overkill, YOU'RE the one getting in trouble. Don't hold it to me though, I could be wrong.

Would just like to mention that the .45 caliber M1911 served with Every. Single. Branch. of US armed forces at some point and served from 1912 until 1986 when it was swapped out for a shitty 9mm to better integrate with NATO.

The M1911 design is combat handgun perfection. .45 caliber hollow points of roughly 200 grains hit like a sledgehammer to the chest.

22, or 9mm will kill you by blood loss. It takes time to bleed out. A 45 causes shock trauma to the body and opens a much bigger wound.

I guess u got a bad egg, and a lot of ppl who say Glock jam up use shitty ammo. I've loaded crap ass ammo and fine ass ammo, never had a problem with any of my 4 Glock all of which have at least 4500 rounds thru each. Not saying I've never had it, but I can definitely tell u any Glock has a higher chance of chamber ing and firing than a typical 1911

OP, you don't need a high dollar weapon to do what are you needing done. I've purchased a couple Hi point handguns(.45 and .40) and the assault rifles (.45 and .40) and had no issues at all with these weapon systems.
American made, lifetime warranty, interchangeable parts, clips and never a jam or misfire in over 3k rounds out of each. Now, I do clean after every 300-350 rounds but that is because I read of the dirty systems jamming up rather easily. These break down quickly and can be cleaned in a snap. The good thing, for less than $500 you can get handgun/assault weapon together in a home protection kit.
I don't care either way what you purchase. But these anons will be saying Glock, S&W, etc etc. Ask someone who has been shot before. They know the caliber they were shot with but seldom if ever the brand. Save your money for whores and drugs.

You spelled *rpg* wrong

Using the 1911 as a club would be more beneficial than shooting the perp with the 22

As everyone that has a brain has already said, get a shotgun. You dont have to aim real well with one, with a gun under stress you'll be lucky if you can hit an elephant.

Bullets also have a tendency to travel through things, like walls, possibly fucking up more than your target.

Use hollow points

get a highpoint

Bird shot does nothing and slugs will go thru more walls

You are fucking dumb

I am the user who made it appear like I own HiPoint. Friends of mine have bought them after using mine. They were impressed. I am with the other anons also. Good ole fashion pump shotgun. Put some turkey shot in and bang away. Those shots do some damage

fukken LOL'd. Totally agree. Why would someone shoot something besides a .45? It boggles the mind.

Agreed lol

Get a FAMAS with a 40 round clip and assault speed shells.

For real.. .22 is for backup backup calibers and squirrel hunting. For self defense, you want the closest thing to a coffee can full of concrete that you can put on target.

Home defense, shotgun. Simple as that. The shot spread negates the need for full accuracy, the sound of a round being chambered is universal for 'ya dun goof'd', a two handed weapon is harder to wrestle out of the hands of the wielder, and a flashlight can be used to illuminate the room while mounted to the gun.

If you insist on being a pistol faggot, opt for something with high capacity and comfortable grips. I wouldn't recommend a pistol itself, maybe a PDW like a Kris's Vector or something like that. If your budget is 5K, you can easily afford it.

Also, go to /k/. It's a magical place.

Spend 800 on a decent handgun and 4200 on ammo and training

How are you going to secure the gun when you're not home? Apparently you have a drug dealer in the area and his customers are hitting surrounding houses for money or something to sell.

Glockfags are such insufferable cunts.

>oh brother. never takes long for one of these faggots to show up

second that

Also if u buy a 1911 in 22, u should just get raped and killed for owning it

I prefer revolvers personally. Your not in for a protracted gun fight in a home defense scenario. I'm way more confident in hitting what I'm shooting at with one.

Plenty of nice handguns ok the market. I don't have a specific recommendation but I would try to find one with a fairly light trigger pull. Most small autos have such stiff triggers their a pain to keep on target without tons of practice.

>not putting on tactical night vision goggles and kicking in your own door for your chance to kill a nigger

also cant go wrong with a shotgun... preferably with a pistol grip.

F-22 raptor

Racking the pump is the number one thing most firearms experts recommend you do not do.

Cops and the military like Glock because they are dead simple to use. It's basically a 17 shot revolver.

9mm is straight shit for combat use, though, at close range. To get the knock down you need you have to hot load to +p or +p+ and face the danger of killing someone behind your target.

Hollow point 45, on the other hand, will go in about 3 inchs while blooming to an inch and a half. Shock from the impact will shatter nearby bones, and the large size of the wound will help with rapid bleed out.

This. #4 is what the military loads in their shotties.

For home defense only: 12 pump. Semi auto you wanna pay a little more. Use #4 buckshot or smaller. Anyone saying anything else is literally retarded. Pistols have their uses, but for just home defense, nope, wrong. Shotgun. Now if you want something for home defense and concealed carry then yeah get a pistol, but don't listen to that fucking idiot that said get a .22

This is all you need OP. End of story.

Love, your local HiPoint user

>those experts are wrong. they are not taking niggers and meth heads into account

Anything .45....because shooting twice is silly.

This thread is full of idiots. Get a shotgun OP. 12 gauge, load it with 00 buck. Mossberg or Remington are good choices, pick whichever you can get a deal on.

get security cameras first if you don't have them

then pick up a new Mossberg 590 Shockwave pistol grip shotgun

Sorry but the greatest shotgun ever made has already been posted...

The Canik TP9 SF Elite is probably the most gun you will get for the money at this exact moment. It has some very desirable features and is $100 cheaper than any other similar gun.

A lot of gun shops are having "buy my striker-fired pistol and get 4 free magazines" deals. Depending on who is doing it, that would also be a good option. Pretty much any striker fired pistol will work. Walther, Springfield, Smith, Glock, etc.

If you don't like strikers, Canik makes a single action version of their gun. A CZ-75, EAA Witness, CZ-P07, CZ-P09, or Sig SP2022 would also fit the niche for guns with visible hammers.

yeah but if he misses hes gonna blast through the walls and shit. go with #4 buck instead

Glock 19 with .22 TCM-9r conversion

Quoted for posterity

I do have 4 Glocks, but I also have 6 1911's, 226, 320, and in no way a Glock 4life fanboi. But having all these handguns, if u were to own 1 and not care about guns and just for home def, I strongly recommend the Glock as ur 1. That being said, I have ar's all around the house just as readily available as my Glocks. And I believe in one hand manipulation, as long as u get decent training with the handgun. Having a free hand for a phone to call 911,or turning on a light switch, picking up a child, anything that may come up.

my gun collection, the ak with the flashlight and red dot is my go to if I know I am going to die, otherwise I would just grap a the g19

youtu.be/po4nZTO3ES4

>A single shot from a pistol is sufficient

There's a reason most police are trained to fire at least 3 shots regardless of caliber

Not having a round chambered already? Stupid fucking Hollywood nigger cunts

Pull a Kurt Cobain.

You sound like a total fudd.
>pistol with magazine is basically a revolver
I don't even know how to respond to that, nigger
>military likes glocks
Explain why they just signed a contract with Ruger then?
>hollow point .45 won't penetrate walls behind people but 9mm will
Nigger what are you even talking about, you Nogunz faggot

>22 tcm conversion in a glock
Just buy the rock island for the price of the glock alone and get the .22 tcm barrel for free. At least then you're shooting it out of the right platform.

You are a retarded nigger thief that will die in a failed home invasion

Sig Sauer P320 if you're serious.

I can't argue against a Beneli. Just for the money a Mossberg is the wheelhouse for me. Personally all my weapons are for home defense, tucked in the truck or around the garage. My c&c choice is a .38 revolver. It is a S&W but it was gifted to me. Was my grandfathers when he worked at Brushy Mountain Prison in TN back in the 60's,70's and 80's. It's just a matter of choice user. If you want to spend the entire 5k on a .22 that is up to you. Get what you want and learn to clean, use and care for it.

They signed a contract with sig.

depends, if they dont have a gun 1 is plenty. If they have a gun i'd fuckin spray and pray

Agreed. You either have a shell chambered, in which case cycling the action ejects the live shell; or you don't, in which case you are unprepared.

Wtf did you buy a 380 to defend your home for? Shooting someone will only piss them off.

Everyone naming pistols: Shut. The fuck. Up. He said home defense. Unless you're a goddamn idiot you know the answer is always 12 ga w/ ~#4 buckshot. There is no such thing as stopping power with handguns, unless you get the headshot. You gotta wait for them to leak out with a pistol. Shotguns will knock chunks out of muthafuckas

everybody has their own view on guns.

But really, if you want one for protection - this is what I would recommend.

Affordable, $200 - $350 depending upon where you purchase, simple, efficient, very easy to use and most important - reliable.

Smith & Wesson K-Frame series .38 Special.

>Since its introduction in 1899, the K-Frame has been a favorite for military and police professionals as well as target shooters and enthusiasts.

I like

would you want to get hit with a .380? I carry a 7 shot .380 with confidence when in gym shorts and shit

With a trigger upgrade, unless u enjoy risking shooting urself u drop it

I guess it all depends on who lives with you. If you live by yourself you can load slugs if you want. It will blow through any cover they try to take (though buck still does more damage.) If you are worried about family or neighbors getting hit by over penetration use smaller buck rounds. Even birdshot will kill in close quarters.

Sig p320.
Put it on the top edge of your door and lean it again the frame. When the robber comes in, the gun falls to the ground, goes off, and kills him.

exactly
racking a shotgun or even racking the slide of a pistol tells the bad guys... "OH HEY! IM OVER HERE! AIM AND SHOOT IN THIS DIRECTION!"

Yea dont drop a sig

How about you familiarize yourself with self/home protection laws before you shoot and kill an intruder plus your neighbors and go to prison.

This isn't a "Oh now I've got a gun, im OK." It's not a toy. Go take some classes. Don't be a dickhead.

don't listen to anyone suggesting .40 or .45, stopping power is a meme. higher energy is always preferable to energy transfer. temporary cavitation is just a deadly as permanent cavitation. chances are no matter what handgun caliber you choose you will have to put more than one shot on target and you will be more accurate on your 2nd shot with a 9mm. Honestly get an fn5.7 if you can afford it.

Wait for them to leak out?

Shot placement is the reasons pistols kill, 3 rounds of 9mm hollow point in center mass is bound to hit something important, pull the trigger a few more times and you're guaranteed to hit something lethal.