Is it suicide to go to a Swans concert without earplugs?

Is it suicide to go to a Swans concert without earplugs?

Other urls found in this thread:

buzzfeed.com/joycecohen/noise-kills-when-everyday-sound-becomes-torture
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Haven't seen Swans but I have seen the other big LOUD bands and my takeaway was:

>Earth
Better without earplugs

>Boris
Right on the edge but probably should wear them

>Sunn O)))
Suicide without earplugs

Could be different based on venues though these were all at the same venue.

>going to a concert so that you can't listen to the artist
Nice music taste faggot

If it's an intimate venue space then yes.

Really depends on how sensitive your ears are.

I saw Part Chimp in April and had to use earplugs about half way through the gig. I saw Napalm Death and Swans the month after, I didn't use earplugs for either, Napalm Death was fine but Swans was verging on uncomfortable.

I saw Sunn O))) last month and it was the most the intense experience I've ever had, had to use earplugs. Took them out for a split second and it was agony.

Get earplugs in case, usually they hand them out free at the bar. If it's getting too much put them in but if it's not, enjoy the intense and severe experience.

Who the fuck wears ear plugs at a show? Are you fucks that sensitive and fragile?

Enjoy your tinnitus, pleb.

Get ear plugs that only reduce the amount of sound getting into your ears without blocking certain frequencies.

The ringing in your ears afterwards is part of the experience. If your performing i get it, outside of that you'd have to be a massive faggot. I've never even seen someone with ear plugs at a gig. If this has become a thing, it goes to show how shit these times truly are.

t. Someone who never goes to shows

People that go to Swans concerts don't care if they actually die there, let alone if they go deaf.

>tinnitus is part of the experience
This is the worst post on this board atm

You do realize how ear plugs work right??Have fun with tinnitus. That shit becomes permeant after prolonged exposure. There's nothing wrong with taking care of your body

If you choose the right ones, ear plugs shouldn't muffle the sound. They just make you less vulnerable to permanent ear damage, snobby asshole.

The fuck is wrong with you beta faggots. Holy shit! Like our generation was meant to be even more crazy and insane than anything before. Yet we mostly consist of boring dorks who are home before 11 on a Friday night, this generation fucking sucks. And I'm not trying to exclude myself from that but at least I'm no where near as bad as you fucking pussys.

i bet you go to see some of the most harsh and brutally loud sounding bands right? king gizzard, death grips, chelsea wolfe and the list goes on im sure.

Why the fuck would you want to damage your hearing?

because otherwise you're le pussy

you tell them user! rawr :33

I've been to many shows across different genres and never once thought i needed earplugs. The only time a show was a bit to loud was Motorhead, so i simply went to the back where it was ok.
But my hearing is fucking fine, and so is the hearing of pretty much everyone else whos been to shows and not worn ear plugs. Like every normal person since the start of rock n roll.

>>But my hearing is fucking fine, and so is the hearing of pretty much everyone else whos been to shows and not worn ear plugs. Like every normal person since the start of rock n roll.

t. will need hearing aids at 35.

>I love music
>so I will permanently degrade all my future experiences with it

Oh come on, don't act like your not a bitchy nu-male. I mean seriously i didn't even know people wore ear plugs until this thread. Is this what we've come to?

>Like our generation was meant to be even more crazy and insane than anything before.

Not really, I mean my ancestors literally owned people.

Local bar shows with shitty bands playing loud and you 5ft away are louder than large venue shows

I saw Swans last year at a decent-sized venue. I didn't wear earplugs and it wasn't notably louder than pretty much any other band I've seen. I think they stopped playing shows as loud as possible after they've been banned from venues in New York

My mother has been to more shows than me shes 57 and her hearing is fine. Your worried about nothing and it makes you a bitchy dork.
>White guilt

Most musicians have tinnitus, you hear most albums as they were originally intended to be heard if you do have it

the best part of these threads are all the """"""alphas"""""" trying to justify their shitty choices and ringing ears

Tinnitus is Patrician af. Ludwig Van had that shit, his music was dope.

Your more feeble than my 57 year old mother. Your literally weaker than an old woman, you need 2 sort yourself out m8.

Chelsea Wolfe is pretty loud nowadays, but yeah you'll live if you don't bring earplugs.

Get a proper grasp on English grammar before posting here, retard.

I definitely have it

See, you have no argument so your just sperging out. Face it your a bitchy weakling and a total embarrassment.

ill give you that but my point was that this guy is probably listening to shitty hair metal bands that have pretty primitive setups, versus drone metal bands and music thats harsher in general.

Jesus, You haven't used the proper version of "You're" once.

A lot of people are born witn it or are doomed to develop it later on it life. I hear there's things you can do about it as tech progesses they'll be even more things you can do about it.

And that doesn't make me wrong in the slightest.

Anything to get rid of it is expensive and risky. Some days, it's more notable than others. It's only going to get worse for me over time. Hopefully not to the point of it being unbearable, but as long as I take care of it now, I can put it off for a while longer.

A typo is a one-off mistake that can be easily forgiven, but you're consistently misspelling words and using incorrect variants of them. It's no longer a typo, you're just a dumb kid who's probably still in middle school.

not him but the best part is, none of us have to "beat" you in any kind of argument. We get enough satisfaction out of the knowledge that your """""alpha""""" ass will be deaf and you will never be able to listen to the music you love ever again within a few years time (assuming you go to shows regularly, which is in question due to your claim that you have never seen someone at a show wearing earplugs). This conversation is just a jolly exercise in bullying the mentally handicapped.

I think what I've said has genuinely hurt you in someway and your trying to distract from that. If I have its for a reason, you orught to do something about yourself because being bitchy and weak doesn't help you in anyway. And it is possible to work on yourself.

You should go to any concert with earplugs. Not for your ears, really, but because the sound engineer has to, by law, wear earplugs. This guy basically defines how you'll hear something; except he's listening through earplugs. If you do wear them, it's going to sound better because it's "mixed" for that.

My dear mother is an old Punk and i think her hearing is better than mine. Its not alpha to not wear ear plugs its fucking normal. I think most people, especially older people would think its really fucking weird to wear ear plugs at a show. And it's something i personally have never seen. Your just being a dorky freak.

>The retard tries to play a dime store therapist
Cute. Look up the word "projection" before Freud jumps out of his grave and runs over to your house.

You need to work on your fucking grammar.

not suicide, but i'd highly recommend getting some good earplugs (not the shitty foam ones that just muffle everything instead) just in case

my hearing was fucked for 3 days after i saw swans in may, didn't use earplugs

your mom listened to weak ass music

I went to one, front row, and I left my earplugs on the side at home so had to listen without them. It was really, really loud, there was like a weird ringing in my ears the entire way through outside of what was actually being played that I've never experienced before. My hearing was fucked for a few days afterwards, but it's mostly come back now. The frequencies that the snare was being hit at hasn't come quite all the way back, but otherwise it's fine. I wouldn't make a habit of doing it though.

I've stood front row at most concerts and clubs I've been too. Most recently I was front row at the wasteland stage at edc, and I can personally say that i have at least a little hearing damnage and it's nothing to be proud of. Please protect your ears

what are you trying to prove user

have you ever seen the particular bands in question

Yeah, i think you need the definition of that word. Its what your doing kek. Seriously do you actually wear those things to every show you go to? What if a cute girl starts talking to you and she sees them. Like its just really fucking weedy and repressed, if you can't let your hair down at a concert when will you? It aint normal m80.

In other words, you sustained probably permanent hearing damage from one Swans show.

Wear earplugs.

>n-no u!
Nice argument.

...why did u tag me lol? im not the guy running around encouraging ppl to damage their ears.

Okay, but your "internet tough guy" rants make you a cringey idiot who's doing nothing but polluting a thread.

what the fuck do other people do when they go alone to a show in between sets?
i always go alone, and never know what to do. once the show starts it's fine

Not an argument
Well your hearing is fine now
She was a punk in the 70s. People used to spit on each other for fun.
I've seen Lamb of God, Motorhead and other loud bands. I was really into metal as a teen, i don't think i have hearing problems. I've always had a bit of tinnitus from being a kid, i had this thing called glue ear so it's definitely from that.

I don't even care about this argument you two are having.

I just find it funny that you've been told that you're using the wrong "your" multiple times, but you still keep making the same mistake.

I don't even care what your case is, I think you're a dumbass.

Not be an autismo and just wait?

>Well your hearing is fine now
from what i can tell, yes, but i wouldn't wanna repeat that. i'd rather not go deaf before i hit 25

oh yea cause i'm totally going to see Swans to pick up chicks
jesus christ man get a grip, we aren't talking about going to see a pop group at a big arena, it's fucking Swans at (what is most likely) a relatively small venue. I'm seeing them at their last show in november and I was already planning on bringing plugs with me.

I'm not tough and never claimed to be. My rants are on point, if i told my friends i was going to wear ear plugs to a show. They'd think i was being ridiculous and over careful, its something to be mocked imo.

like i said in a previous post, get some proper earplugs, not foam ones. you really don't wanna lose any detail in swans' sound, you just wanna lower the volume

Start a conversation with someone, I've made great friends at shoes I've gone to alone. Getba drink go ti the bar or someshit.

>my friends are my arbitrators of logic

kek

>over careful

YOU ARE A GOLDMINE YOUNG SIR. PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND GET GRAMMAR LESSONS.

being smart is to be mocked, got it

>Not be an autismo
that's too hard

Oh your so pedantic, i bet people love hanging with you at party's while you correct their language mistakes. Like seriously dude if im understood whats the problem. No need 2 be so uptight my negro.

I wear plugs at any show, the etymotics er-20 earplugs are great.

if you are then yeah youre kinda propping yourself up here m8. At a standard show id agree that headphones are unnecessary but we're talking about bands that go out of their way to make the most devastatingly loud music possible. Your average concert-goer would not be ready for Swans, at least at the volume they used to play at. Im not saying you'd for sure hurt your hearing without plugs but thats probably one of the last places you'd want to make that wager.

i just find somewhere to sit and chill

I think they would want it that way

If you do decide to get ear plugs, make sure they're inserted properly or they won't do shit. Don't be like the faggot on the left.

Yeah, it really is. They're unbelievably loud. And the funny part is they were even louder in their prime. Absolutely bring a pair. You don't wanna not have them on you if it gets too harsh.

Look people your nitpicking over stupid shit. I know you hive mind types like to dogpile and can't think for yourselves. But at least where i live (London England) its just really weird to wear ear plugs to a show, i myself have never felt felt the need. It seems so unnecessary and overkill, like your meant to be having fun why have something else ypu have to think about.

Kek i can imagine you guys trying to have a conversation with those things on and people giving you funny looks. Because your shouting..

take them out when you're talking then you absolute retard, unless you're
>talking while they're playing
then end yourself immediately

I'm also So no I'm not trying to be hard, i saw Motorhead the self styled "loudest band in the world" and i didn't think i needed ear plugs then.

>self styled
They're wrong

The support acts are pretty shit half the time so of course one might talk while a band is playing. You fucks would probably just stand there cause "omg muh hearing damage". Look m8 however you want to put it wearing ear plugs if your not performing is just odd.

im gonna tell you a secret user, motorhead isn't anywhere nears as devastatingly loud as the bands mentioned in this thread.

They sounded pretty loud to me. Lemmy's bass especially.

And you can prove that somehow...

You should wear earplugs if you don't want hearing damage. I've been to a Swans show. Most people were wearing them. You will still be able to hear the music, and it does not make you a pussy.

Have fun

>Needing your friends to validate your safety precautions
How insecure can you get?

all of the "loudest bands in the world" are self styled. Motorhead had a reputation for being loud, but Swans can be borderline industrial noise at body-vibrating volumes. Of course you have people that say Swans without plugs is an incredible experience, and therefore fine to do, but theres a reason people warn you about their shows.

Is Motorhead the loudest show you've been to?

This is why you should wear earplugs at concerts.

buzzfeed.com/joycecohen/noise-kills-when-everyday-sound-becomes-torture

I know this is a buzzfeed article, but permanent noise induced pain and severe sensitivity to sound is a real consequence to loud noise exposure after a long period of time.

And yeah, tinnitus obviously. I don't mean your emergency broadcast system "EEEE" tinnitus, I mean piercing, shrieking, 100db jet engine tinnitus that swirls through your brain like a table saw and can't be masked by any noise.

rush also sounded pretty loud to me. but then i went to a swans gig.

Kek you really don't know me, but thats an aside. Me personally i feel no need for such a thing. And i think most concert goers would agree, for the throughout the history of rock and roll no one has felt the need fo ear plugs. I don't see today as being different,

Is it suicide to go to a Swans concert without buttplugs?

Man i think Dope Body were the loudest I've experienced. Shit was fucking awesome i think i would have duled the experience if i wore ear plugs.

>for the throughout the history

Jesus. Stop. Please.

the last person who should be able to speak for a large crowd spanning many decades is some autist posting on a tibetan graffiti forum

I wear earplugs when I go to shows now

have had tinnitus for as long as I can remember, the thought of it getting irreversibly louder is fuckin scary

>Buzzfeed
Sjws out!!! REEEEEEEE

It literally has no limit to how loud it can go, and can eventually start causing ear pain and migraines.

If you want to be able enjoy music for the rest of your life, do not fuck around with loud noise.

Literally not a fucking argument. Could you fucks at least try? Just watch old concert footage you see any ear plugs. This is some new weird shit.

at least my ears work lol