I recently enlisted into the Navy as a HM, how badly did I fuck up?

I recently enlisted into the Navy as a HM, how badly did I fuck up?

HM, in case you guys don't know is the Navy's medical enlisted rate.

Bump

It's way better than a non rate trust me.

Just don't be dumb and waste all your time. Get as much school as possible towards nursing degree. Once out you can work as a travel nurse. Pays $40-$70 an hour and your hotels are paid for

I was an SN. Started as Seaman Apprentice. Deck division. Sucked balls

well, you enlisted, so i'd say pretty bad

I wanted to get my MSN then commision as a NP during my service.

0000 HN here

>did you fuck up?
Yes.

>how badly
could be worse

I've heard from friends in that corpsman was a really good rate and being enlisted wasn't that bad.
(I'm not friends with my recruiters)

Lol yup. Besides, being a pecker checker ain't that bad compared to standing watch and chipping paint for a living

Do timestamp on tits faggot

And also.....20 years goes by fucking quick....worst thing I did was get out. Should've stayed in.

Not a female.

HM's don't pick up rank very quickly. Other than that, The Navy/Air Force is the best way to start a viable career right out of high school. You did good, user.

You'll enjoy it as long as you enjoy the company of seamen

sauce my man
I don't know if you'll dislike all the consequences of joining the navy

I can go in immediately as a e3 so I have an advantage there.

>Join the Navy with no job
>Strike a rate with 100% advancement
>make E5
>Cross rate to HM
>You made HM2 faster than everyone who joined as an HM.

IT here. HM got it good

Working as a General Duty Corpsman is great. I love my job. However, the leadership in the HM community is absolute dogshit.

And whatever you do keep moving. There's always things to clean, organize, or make better when you're not involved in patient care. Do not catch "notmyjob-itis"; it's terminal and very contagious.

8404 here, go FMF if you can. It sucks complete ass sometimes but you'll look back on it and chuckle.

Seriously, go 8404 you fucking boot. Go with a victor unit, get your god damn pin and have fun eating sand. I miss it but I'm going to school now, Post 9/11 bill.

Fucking true dude, I fucking PNA like 3 times, picked up HM3, got NJP'ed after deployment and didn't have enough time to pick up again so I got higher tenured out.

fucking sauce on that shit

I got it off motherless, dunno which thread.

I'm still in, but I really want to go to school while I'm still young. The Post 9/11 bill seems like a really sweet deal. Do you recommend it over using TA?

You guys have it good too, what do you do, fix a printer every couple hours?

Sucks.

Rip

what the fuc is this i dont even

he was forced out of the Navy for being a dumbass

hahahaha yeah pretty much. The NJP was fucking worth it through. Entire AMAL full of Jack.

Yeah, its great. I got out with a VA rating and am going to school with the 9/11 so I get e5 BAH. I make just about the same amount of money as when I was still in. I don't deploy, I get to see my friends, I'm not sweating my balls off anymore. Life good man, I really recommend the 9/11. Go STEM, the changes to 9/11 will give you another year to get your degree since they can take longer. I'm going for mechanical engineering. I'm fucking over medical now.

I'm an AT3. Actually on watch right now. I beat myself up everyday for not going to college and getting a commission. Get a degree and be a officer if you're smart enough.

What the fuck does this even mean

Sorry I forgot you're a fucking boot. NJP is nonjudicial punishment. It's bigger than a dick slap but less than capt mast. Capt mast is a "I might have just fucked up bad" moment. Don't do that.

It's the same thing bruh

You did well. Don't waste your time! School, warfare pins. FMF if your hardcore. Take advantage of everything you can.

Could be worse, no where near as incompetent as marines aviation. God those fucks are dense

Corewhore! Tits or GTFO

No rate with 100% is gonna let you cross train out. Its just not how that works. Especially not to an overmanned as fuck rate. You're an idiot

Go lick windows in some other thread, Marine.

I know someone who did exactly this.

High year tenure you dope. No wonder you got kicked out

Dude what are you talking about they are the same thing..

I think you're full of shit. 100% advancement means a rate is critically undermanned. I know this because mine is, i cannot transfer rate to BM or HM because shit is over manned and has retarded low advancement, aside from that pulling that shit would just make everyone lose respect and you'd have nightmares about all the quals you'd have to catch up on. #career counselor'd