Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Beaner sauce

A1, can put that shit on most things.

It's okay.

Idk about you guys but ive found Chalula has gone to shit over the years.

Not a beaner, but I love it on eggs and potatoes and pizza and stuff.

I used to carry a bottle in my backpack for work and stuff

I don't care for cholula, thats what denny's serves.

i strongly prefer the chipotle version of any hotsauce

it hasn't really gone to shit but it's WAY too fucking expensive. like it's a god damn joke how expensive it is
it's as expensive as real small batch hotsauce many places and it belongs on the bottom shelf with the store-brand vinegary bullshit if you ask me
it's time to admit you don't like hot sauce and just start using barbeque sauce instead

>Mexican ketchup
I much prefer Gringo Bandito or El Yucateco, esp XXXtra Hot.

i like spicy barbecue sauce too
plain bbq sauce is too sweet and non-smoky hot sauces are too 1-dimensional

forgot to say
>pic related : the greatest hot sauce ever made\
it's time to get some culture and stop robbing yourself of good flavor by using grocery store hotsauce, kids

Where do you get that shit?

All I care about is good fucking taste and well balanced heat. Melinda's makes dog shit tasty as fuck

Blair's is best

Oh man, Blair's Original Death is my favorite thing to put on eggs.

it's anything but 1-dimensional if you eat REAL hotsauce, not this grocery store nonsense
you can get anything on the internet. they probly don't sell this kind of shit in big cities cause yuppies don't know what real food is
good taste

how often do you eat dog shit with hot sauce?

alright well when i commented people had only mentioned cholula and tapatio.
i've had dope ass artisinal hot sauces, i'm just comparing the main commercial stuff.

They sell those things at grocery stores were i live, 100% pain is pretty good and thick as well.. Hell almost chunky lol

if it is not broken, why fix it?

After the weekend's cocaine binge. Dog shit has saved me, and Melinda's makes my dried out ass hole wet as fuck.

Calm down, Tapatio is good on Hot Cheetoes w/ lime juice and non plain pork rinds.

I love Cholula, don't get the hate, shit is yummy. When I want a little heat, though, I reach for this smiling Mexican gentleman. I love that smile, nohomo.

I've recently found Tapatio came out with salsa. I know it's different category than hot sauce but it's what I've been using in lieu of hot sauce.

yea i hear you, i just couldn't help but get a little worked up at the fact that it seems like the kids ITT have never had anything but trash sauce in their lives. i mean like it's a god damn tragedy. as a connoisseur i felt a little bit personally offended by it

If anyone likes actual peppers, Trinidad Butch-T taste amazing while hot af. Been growing for 4yrs.

Tabasco reminds me of having breakfast with my dad at Denny's ;____;

i prefer victoria on those kinds of things. real mexican stuff.

oh boy i'd love Sup Forums to be a heated debate on hot sauces tonight.

i don't think any hot sauce maker, no matter how ambitious and exotic, would ever say anything derogatory about big-daddy Tabasco

El Pato is the best version of this type of generic "Hot Sauce". The heat isn't overdone and it's got great flavor.

Usually find the shit in cans (it's different stuff). This you need to go to the beaniest of tiendas to find.

Very true. Perhaps it's the price that makes it off putting. Like you feel you should've gotten more bang for your buck.

Mexifag here, y'all need to try so Guacamaya out, straight from Chapos' city.

Any advice for growing peppers? Ive tried cracking open Serrano peppers from the super market and have had a hard time starting them. Also I read somewhere that they probably wouldnt taste the same because of some grow splicing new plants with old plants.

La Victoria? I hate it due to lack of heat and how watery it is. El Yucateco.. Or maybe it was Yucatan, I forget but best common hot sauce imo. Shits at walmart and kroger n shit.

actually fuck if i know. i've never prepared hot sauce and lime on chicharones, my GF does it and i just eat what she does. she was born in mexico city and i assume knows her shit.

Wtf this doesn't look right. But I guess it was only a matter of time El Pato tried out hot sauce.

I love to load that shit up on my eggs and potatoes for breakfast. But it gives me heartburn :(

>El Yucateco.. Or maybe it was Yucatan, I forget but best common hot sauce imo
good post
shit's got flavor, texture, and GOOD heat. combined with the price point, it becomes an acceptable sauce for even a seasoned saucehead to use regularly
"you get more habanero"
they ain't lyin

have you tried washing it down with prune juice and werther's originals you old fuck?

(me)
oh shit i've seen that stuff yea its dope AF

just improve your overall diet and you won't get heartburn
i giggled

I like the green El Yuc, but I dont like that they add the green color. If it were more natural, Id use it more.

Sorry im not a child and eat sugary cereal for breakfast everyday?

THAT LOGO IS RACIST AND CREATES A FALSE IMAGE OF WHITE PEOPLE I AM VERY TRIGGERED RIGHT NOW AND I AM ABOUT TO CRY. IT IS PROBABLY SEXIST AS WELL AND DOESN'T LET ME EXPRESS MY INDENITY IN MY PROPER PRONOUNS. CISEXICAN SCUMBAGS!

ok but i douse my breakfast in sriracha daily and don't have problems and i'm almost 30 so if you can't handle it i assume youre geriatric

My dad works at a nursery so I had his boss order me seeds. Also pepper joes is a good source. Keep em in the sun and keep soil moist, not wet. Watch for aphids and also your region depends on alot of minor factors that in the end build up to make or break your plants output. I like in AR now and my shit seems to thive here minus 1yr. In CA it was a pain due to dry heat, get home from work and shit was soft and limp in need of water. But do not over water it's worse than underwatering. I tend to slightly underwater when peppers are getting ripe because it will increase the heat of the peppers.

fucking love this stuff! kutbil-ik de' is the best one hands down.

They have been doing hot sauce for over 20 years. I used to eat this shit when I was younger. They just don't sell much of it statewide.

Damn this really made me think
have you ever noticed you can't make racial jokes about any ethnic group, but making white jokes is not only fine, but also encouraged?
some nigger could go on live national television and call somebody a "cracker ass motherfucking white devil" to his face and nobody would bat an eye. they'd say he was "venting racial tension" or some shit
god this country is fucked 10 feet up the ass

Tapatio has a higher acidity or more vinegar. I could eat a spoonful of sriracha straight with no heartburn. I just like the flavor of Tapatio more

Thats the stuff.
Red for a good hot sauce.
Green for less heat more flavor.
Brown for more heat and wont mess with foods flavor.
Black for.... I guess taste peppery. Don't really care for the black. But i keep the red at work for lunch n shit.

Cool thanks. I live in south Texas, so we have a lot of hot days. I guess I just need to plant more seeds to weed out the ones that die and take special care of the ones that live. I think the watering everyday was doing the plant wrong. Maybe while young every other day? I really cant keep the young plant alive or grow without slumping over.

that's what i have at home.

fair but that's why i think tapatio is shit, since i don't want a vinegar dominated hot sauce like franks red hot

I'm going to go against the grain and say this shit is pretty mediocre. The heat/taste ratio is way off, and the black colored sauce is inedible. It tastes like shit. It's mediocre hot sauce. It creates heat, but the taste is pretty meh compared to other similarly-priced brands.

Original good on most everything. Chipotle awesome for chilis, ramen etc. Green Pepper one is perfect on pizza, mac n cheese or anything cheesy also INSTANT guacamole "mix" just mash an avocado & add the Green Pepper sauce to taste. CHOLULA for the win!

While young it depends on what it growing in i find it best in those 8-10 piece carton things and have to water like 2-4 time a day depending on soil. Don't let it dry, keep it moist especially after germination.

Too bad. It's fantastic hot sauce.

It is good on tacos, about it.

Best sauce around

Never tried that kind in particular but I fucking love sriracha, I can tell you that much

not a dig: good fast food grade sauce, available pretty much everywhere and low cost. I like it in albondigas soup

good on some things but not most things. it's vinegary base kicks up fries, eggs, popcorn, and tots. it's even available at movie theatres and gas stations. you could do worse.

the real deal, also like the green and brownish one. love on most things, especially ramen, all mex food, breakfast burritos, making chili.

this bro knows the deal

Hell yes
see

Ok thanks a lot! Im going to try it again. We have 100*f day until Nov-early December.

big fucking whoop. "waaah some non white person made fun of my whiteness! waaah". like they have the power to hold you back in life. when non whites start making laws and policies that benefit them and only them then you'll have room to complain. just think of it as comeuppance for all stereotypes EVERYBODY else had to deal with, silently, for the last 100 years.

Muy Salsa!

What you growing?

Serrano peppers

have you bros ever made hot sauce from peppers? if so:

>what pepper type is best?
>how many peppers to finished sauce do you need, roughly?
>how long did it take?
>was it good?
>things you would do different?

Wish people loved hot sauce and peppers as much as me n my dad. Glad I got him into the real good n hot stuff. All my friends are pussies. Gave a dude a cup of my dried&crushed ghost peppers and 3 days laters told me he finished them. Lying ass bitch. Lucky I don't like the ghost flavor so I wasn't to mad.

what are you running for hot sauce at home and on the move?

There's a bunch of ways to make sauce. The most simple straight forward seems to be chopping the peppers up, put them in a mason jar, adding salt and whole garlic, then fill the jar with white vinegar, place the jar covered with a napkin in a dark place to ferment for a week, and then lastly blending that shit up. Keep the sauce in the fridge.

I did with my habeneros. Wast apain since I had no blender, just a juicer.
Came out liquidy af. Heat was good but had to shake before use due to seperation. I prefer to dice and saute with my food or crushed dried on top.

thanks bro. how long would it keep in the fridge? any penalty/gain for fermenting longer?

Heat is life man.
Honestly if my food isn't spicy to me than its just bland.
Very few thing I eat that are not hot.

can you cook it down or do anything to make it thicker?

It can last months outside the fridge depending, vinegar is a preservative.

I hadn't bought a bottle of Cholula in probably a couple of years, because it's not carried where I shop and is pretty expensive compared to Tapatío.

Well, in the meantime, apparently, it has started to taste gross. Wtf? I'm 32, so I don't think it's my tastes changing. It just has a nasty aftertaste that I really don't think was there previously.

Unless you use it almost everyday, Tapatío = day after indigestion. Worth it though.

Guar gum is recommended but I couldn't find it in stores and didn't wanna wait for shipping.

i put this shit on my hot wings and it makes them taste like candy, i swear to god. how has no one posted this yet?

the black label is better, but good post

i meant to post that a while ago, i just called it Victoria by accident cause i'm a gringo

My little sister likes that shit. Like a cheap tapatio knock off.

I used to use this on eggs, but I have almost exclusively went to Tapatio and I am not a beaner

It last awhile covered with a top in the fridge because of the salt and vinegar. Letting it age long probably intensifies the flavor, but watch out for big furry mold or other growths/smells/discoloration. I would do a week batch, then test a week and a half batch, etc until you find what you like or until sauce death.

it's the price point which makes Valentina a valuable addition to the hot sauce shelf
i get the BIG jar at walmart for literally like 2 bucks

the best!!!

What're y'alls races who been posting in this thread out of curiosity?.
I'm dude who been posting about my pelpers and hot sauces and I'm 1/2 Mexican 1/2 Sicilian.

yeah, thats the way to do it, tapatio on eggs and potatoes

i'm a white nigga

This

Vile

Before i clicked pic I thought it was a kangaroo sucking itself off lmao

LOLOLOLOL. sitting next to a bottle of it at my house now.

real good on most things, especially hash browns/home fries/corned beef hash/salsa

I keep a jar of the green stuff on my desk

good info, thanks bro.

i mean hot sauce isn't THAT funny is it?