Hypothetically speaking, if someone took 35 mg oxycodone and drank alcohol (nothing serious...

Hypothetically speaking, if someone took 35 mg oxycodone and drank alcohol (nothing serious, only 8% alc/vol 16 oz) would they be in any danger?

Yes you dumb fuck

This is how people die.

if they had the body mass of a toddler

otherwise the only danger is getting nauseous and throwing up.

So if this person were 200 lbs. and very athletic, how sick and/or fucked up would they get?

might throw up a few times, thats about it (assuming youve never taken recreational doses of opiates before)

While weight does matter, how athletic you are doesn't.

These chemicals act on the same receptors. This could kill a 200lbs person, but could also not touch somebody else. The mechanisms for drug tolerance and processing are not as well understood as many might have you believe, and when using drugs that synergize (like alcohol and opiates) the effects get even harder to predict.

Likely you won't do any permanent damage, but you won't have a fun night, really know way to know how unpleasant or pleasant it might be though.

Source: Pre-med degree

Im gonna tie you to a raditor and GRAPE YOU IN THE MOUTH AGHHHHH
Fucking love "whitest kids you know"

take a few (3)mg xanax, or valium wtf ever, it should level you out and allow you to drink more, if you feel a bit of a rough stomach up it to 6mg

it could only kill a 200lb person if they had an ultra-rare defect that made them extremely sensitive to opiates. like what, 1 per 100,000,000 have that mutation?

Thanks, guys. I've had a fair amount of opiate experience in the past, but I've never taken anything with alcohol (happened by accident, I swear) and panniced a bit. Now all I gotta do is sit back and try not to die. Would any types of food help prevent vomiting, or would it just provoke my stomach?

So were they just not pulling in enough views? Not sure why that show isn't around anymore.

Death is unlikely, yes. But mixing alcohol with opiates and/or acetaminophen, which opiates are often combined with, the overall effects are never good. There are plenty of extreme cases that you get from addicts, but these are not even close to representative of the regular population. The advice, medically, is don't, just don't even try.

Recreationally, if you wanted to mix the drugs, should've started with a much smaller dose, more like 10-15mg of oxy, and work up and see how your body reacts.

well 16oz of 8% alcohol isn't going to effect anything one way or the other.

Idk but the guy i think called ian taller guy plays on the show Wrecked on TBS as the main chracter hes hilarious

Same guy as 70% chance you will feel little to no effects
10-15% you'll maybe get a bit sick
15-20% ???

Overall, 90+% you'll go through the night with not much more than a hiccough. Maybe a littttle something with mint or ginger if your stomach gets ridiculous, but don't worry too much, your alcohol intake was not excessive

the amount of alcohol he drank is tiny, it won't effect anything. and even if the 35mg came from 14 2.5/650 acetaminophen combo products it's not enough of that to be a risk either

I'M GONNA GRAPE YOU IN THE MOUTH!

if you're implying there's a 15-20% chance of serious harm you're out of your mind.

i'd criticize your other percentages but apparently he does have experience with opiates. an completely opioid naive user would almost certainly throw up from that dose though.

It's a bit over 2 standards drinks. Not "tiny" and is enough to put some people over the legal limit to drive. Not a 200lbs person mind you, but someone with not tolerance would definitely get a buzz. As stated, synergistic effects are not as understood as people know, and the overall effect on people isn't super understood

Was not implying serious harm, just not full picture what could happen. Especially with opiate experience, I'd say serious harm is

it's not enough to effect whether he throws up or not, passes out or not, and definitely not enough to effect whether he ODs or not

we're talking about what applies to 99.99% of the population, not rare people with extreme sensitivities.

really? lol

Opiates and alcohol combination are the leading cause of accidental death. Don't be an idiot OP. Don't mix alcohol and opiates, if you are lucky enough to wake up tomorrow.

yes, you would have a high chance of dying or fucking up some part of your brain

dont listen to this fucking retard

One question fag

Does it really make a fucking difference?

It was an accident.

Too late for you to convince me that I'm gonna die. At this point normally I'd be feelin' it with oxy alone, but for some reason I don't feel shit, so I'm not too worried. I'm not going to do this again in the future though. I prefer to keep my recreational drug experiences separate.