Seeing as how diamond is the hardest known metal on earth...

Seeing as how diamond is the hardest known metal on earth, why don't we use it to make bulletproof vests or cars and stuff?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hPBs0DmJIS0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I got a detailed explanation about it quite a while back, can't remeber shit tho

>Have diamond vest
>Get shot
>Don't die

>Have normal bulletproof vest
>Get shot
>Don't die
>Also save a hundred thousand dollars

>make diamond car
>guy starts running people over
>nothing can stop him

Come on op, think before you post

1: price is fucking high
2: hardest material on earth, imagine how hard it would be to process into car parts/ a vest
3: most diamonds are tiny, like only a few grams tiny, so you would have to fasten the diamonds together, wich would make the entire construction a lot weaker, and not worth either the time spent on it or the cost for the raw materials

>Metal
What the fuck OP
This doesnt even class as bait

It will shatter easily. Bullet proof vest are soft.

>Mistaking hardness and toughness

Go study some physics summerfag

>Making cars out of diamonds
I don't think so.

I was about to call everyone ITT retarded, thank you for showing up.

To the rest of you, maybe pick up a damn book and read up on fracture mechanics, molecular density, and tensile strength.

Hey I fucking said it would shatter nigger

>what are ceramic plates

Silicon, alumina, or ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene which goes right back to my original point I don't understand what the fuck you're trying to infer

Individual plates meant to shatter.
The amount of diamond crystal needed would be insane if you wished to achieve an equal effect.
You know any fist sized diamonds we can use?
Perhaps smaller, but not jewelry sized.

You're wrong. Wolverine's claws are the strongest metal on earth.

if wolverine can retract his claws doesn't that mean there's a weak spot somewhere? could we exploit this somehow

Chop off his arms. Or chop of his hands where the joint is

Maybe it's a neurological thing as oppose to something physical.

Dude, his entire skeletal system is laced with adamantium. The same metal his claws are made from.

Ceramic plate bullet armor

nobody wants to bring up the "harder" the material, the more brittle it usually is, meaning it would break easily because it has no give.

kevlar is made out of fibers because they distribute the impact over a larger are, making it less lethat. if a vest were made out of diamond, it would shatter and the shards would enter your bullet wound and just make your situation worse.

youtu.be/hPBs0DmJIS0

pic related, hardest metal known to man

Because diamonds are fabulous