ITT: albums that only work for the first 2/3 times you hear it

It's like all post-rock genre (except maybe for Talk Talk) it's made to have a huge experience once and that's it. These records are just fucking boring and predictable once you heard it like once or twice

A lot of music has that problem, but there's also the way an album can sound so much better the second time but then worse every time after that

That said, my favorite Godspeed albums in particular I've probably listened to 20 or so times each, sometimes even multiple times in a row

This album lost almost all its quality to me on the second listen. It went from a 9-10/10 to a 4/10 in about a month

I still really enjoy FEAR and FEEL.

Yea I think FEAR is an amazing track even though there are some bad choices at the beginning and end. I also still like GOD a lot. But I think FEEL is pretty shit because the main samples are literally from sample packs

GOD is one of the worse tracks on the album.

It's easily the most cinematic album ever made, and that unique viscerally cinematic aspect of it will always make sure I come back to it.
As a full album, yeah I was done the first handful of listens, but DNA and Humble are still great for the gym, car and parties.

listen to tortoise

This album was ruined for me when I learned what it's actually about.

I'm not aware, plz ruin it for me

The first listen is pretty magical, but I keep coming back.

Now THAT there is a shit opinion. Waiting for an actual album that meets the criteria you've presented in the thread title. So far DAMN. is the closest match.

Now see, this is exactly how I feel about Long Season.
It's timeless to me.

It's just a very melodramatic take on a relationship that the singer was in.
It may have been abusive (I don't remember) but comparing his s/o to a dying cancer patient really ruined it for me.

LUST. is probably the only song off of that album that I'll actually go through the effort to listen to again

Same but it didn't sink that low for me as I can still appreciate it.

I have very little desire to revisit it though.

i set up a script that grabs random youtube links from mu and this describes 90% of the music i find

Please notify us when someone realizes they can abuse this and makes the script useless

>It's like all post-rock genre
KYS