Determined to form his own conclusions, Greenwood listened to the likes of Genesis, King Crimson and Pink Floyd...

>Determined to form his own conclusions, Greenwood listened to the likes of Genesis, King Crimson and Pink Floyd, "though I didn't even bother with Yes, seeing as how they were met with so much derision."
>"It is all awful and terrible," Greenwood says, his brown eyes widening. "I found the one good Pink Floyd album, 'Meddle,' which is amazing, though that's supposedly the one that made Johnny Lydon say he hated them. I came out after listening to all these terrible Genesis records with the realizations that the Mellotron is a great instrument, and that you should never have a song with 'unicorn' in the title. So a few lessons were learned."
What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com/5351941/radioheads-jonny-greenwood-to-audiophiles-simmer-down
youtube.com/watch?v=0AuRNff4kvA/
spin.com/2003/06/fitter-happier-radiohead-return/
youtube.com/watch?v=dUfdAvsjWNU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hes an idiot

>make indie rock shit
>doesn't like prog
no surprises here

I like their music but why do Radiohead's members insist on being such snobs ?

Means prog rock is for gay nerds.

It's music to be laughed at.

>>doesn't like prog
this is your reading comprehension on prog

there is no genesis song with 'unicorn' in the title, what is he talking about

>Prog rock is for gay nerds
so is Radiohead

Who cares, I don't listen to Radiohead

Prog rock is for gay nerds.

why does everyone here hate prog rock all of a sudden?

The fans are sanctimonious cunts. And don't tell me to separate the artist from their fans, that's postmodern bullshit and music doesnt exist in a vacuum.

radiohead are a bunch of jerks t b h. but i suppose being the most lauded art rock act of a generation will do that to you

The worst King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Yes, or Genesis song is better than the best Radiohead song. He was right about Meddle being a good album though.
The fans don't impact the music in anyway. You sound like a 14 y/o

He also made fun of fans wanting higher than 160kbps.

>We had a few complaints that the MP3s of our last record wasn't encoded at a high enough rate. Some even suggested we should have used FLACs, but if you even know what one of those is, and have strong opinions on them, you're already lost to the world of high fidelity and have probably spent far too much money on your speaker-stands.

Considering they pay a big deal to their sound rigs at shows you'd think they wouldn't say shit like this.

wtf I hate radiohead now!?

close to the edge is probably the best thing to come out of any of those bands

and John Lydon loved prog, he's admitted that his whole shtick was just for the sex pistols shock / image. Keith Levene (guitarist for PIL) was even a roadie for Yes before he joined the band

Every single member of Radiohead is a smug asshole

>Part of the reason O’Brien is perceived as Radiohead’s designated rocker is that he’s the most interested in classic rock; he especially enjoys discussing U2, who appear to be Radiohead’s third-biggest musical influence (the first two being the Smiths, whom all five members love unequivocally, and the Pixies, from whose records Jonny Greenwood learned how to play guitar).

>I love the dynamic of musicians working together and all the voodoo shit that comes with it. It’s a complicated thing to do over the expanse of time, which is why I respect U2 so much. Don’t get me wrong–I adore the Stones, but they haven’t made a good record since 1972. Exile on Main Street was the last great Stones album. But U2 have been at it for 20 years, and that song ‘Stuck in a Moment You Can’t Get Out Of’ was amazing. And that’s after 20 years. That’s when the Stones were making Still Life.”

What did he mean by this?

They encode at 160? What the fuck is wrong with them?

I'm not even a FLAC sperg but it's inexcusable. They don't know what they're talking about. Anything below 192 or v2 is worthless.

Are this pablo honey/the bends era interviews?
Source?

gizmodo.com/5351941/radioheads-jonny-greenwood-to-audiophiles-simmer-down

>postmodern bullshit
>>/youtube.com/watch?v=0AuRNff4kvA/

>Are this pablo honey/the bends era interviews?
The U2 one is from 2003, HTTF era
spin.com/2003/06/fitter-happier-radiohead-return/

And pic related is from 2006

whoops
>>>/youtube.com/watch?v=0AuRNff4kvA/

wtf

>"We had a few complaints that the MP3s of our last record wasn't encoded at a high enough rate. Some even suggested we should have used FLACs, but if you even know what one of those is, and have strong opinions on them, you're already lost to the world of high fidelity and have probably spent far too much money on your speaker-stands."

Jonny Greenwood on In Rainbows being released digitally in 160 kbps.

Audiophiles BTFO?

It means he has good taste

wtf I hate Radiohead now

>not listening to 8kbps audio
plebs
youtube.com/watch?v=dUfdAvsjWNU

Based johnny

this surprised me, I always thought ok computer sounded kind of Pink Floydish