How do I react to my dad wishing me a happy birthday when he left me at 3 years old?

How do I react to my dad wishing me a happy birthday when he left me at 3 years old?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xi9rNrQlXo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ask him out to lunch to talk things over. Sounds like he changed.

He was/is a pedo.

Your choice user:

>Continue to hate him forever, choose to ignore him as punishment
>Start over, realize he may have left you for good reasons

Either way, your choice

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xi9rNrQlXo

Fuck him, he's not doing this for you, he's doing this for him. He should have to live with the shitty decision he made. For 15 years this motherfucker wasn't there, where was this remorse then? It's easy to feel shitty and want to change once your kid is all grown up. The hard part is over. He just wants to be a father without being a parent now and what? You're supposed to just forgive him? He doesn't get to have peace of mind, he had 15 fucking years to be a man. Fuck him.

I'd say ignore. You are your own person.

Post context and i'll give you advice

Maybe it wasn't entirely his fault as your mother convinced you. I mean, it's not like he's going to ask you for money or anything, he just wants to do things the right way

Don't be an effeminate pussy and text him back thanking him, and unless you have a step-father, you better call him Dad.

are you underage?

No, I'm 18

Give. Him. A. Chance. I'm in a similar situation with my old man.

Call him a faggot

He probably wants something from you

It's ok, he just covered his face, it's called peek-a-boo

He didn't leave you. He left your cunt of a mother. Cut him some slack.

He can't use proper grammar, so fuck him.

This. People don't just disappear for that long with no prior attempts at communication then come back for nothing. At the very least there should have been some awkward phone calls or a letter years later or something.

There was.

Give him an address of a left warehouse and then ambush him and tie him on a chair and ask him what you want.

>It's easy to feel shitty and want to change once your kid is all grown up
it's not easy at all, the longer you wait the harder it gets.

Chances are you're no better than a nigger for not having a dad growing up. I hope you kill yourself.

treating ebola

i can't tell if this is bait now, the way he's speaking it seems that he is from England, "to be honest mate" "hope you're doing good mate" and you spell "paedo" as "pedo" pedo is the American way of spelling it

Nah he's australian

This is the most sensible answer

I'm from New Zealand and so is he. I say pedo because I'm a lazy at spelling.

You could keep this grudge and stay angry and pissed off all the time.

or

You could let it go and just see if you and him can be happy.

My mother convince me my whole life that my father was a worthless piece of shit.

Then I had my own kid and my ex treated me the same way and wouldnt let me see my son.

My dad weaved in and out of life for a long time, until his forties when he went to rehab for alcoholism, I had a few hangups with alcohol too.

I let him back in, we hugged, we cried and we I summoned the strength to forgive him when he literally got on his knee's and asked me.

( im tearing up just typing this )

Turns out my dad had law connections, and he helped me get my kid back from the pill hungry drug abusing cunt.

You never know bro till you try.

Its your life now, make a decision.

Life is to short to stay pissed off over things that happen so long ago.

thats some real shit

Like you're not a little bitch.

Sounds like you know about this from experience.

Some kids have dads that are abusive fucks and wish they never had a dad.

Then some of them hate their dads for not being in the picture.

Life is funny that way I guess.

>My mother convince me my whole life that my father was a worthless piece of shit.

My mum has told me many times I can go and see him whenever because at the end of the day, he is my dad.

I might go see him sometime soon.

Just tell him to fuck off

Why react at all? Click delete and go on with your life.

I'm with this guy op

Besides your mom may have just been an enormous cunt to him and ran him off. Maybe he waited till you were 18 so she'd have no say in anything. No sense in not knowing your dad.

There's a difference between leaving your mother and leaving both of you. Unless your mother is a cunt and did something to prevent him from seeing you then he could have been involved in your life in some way. Coming back after you're grown just seems like bailing for the hard part.

Had a similar experience
>Be me, just turned 18
>Got a letter from my birth mom (adopted at birth, spoken to her once in my life for a few minutes because my adopted mother is too nice)
> "user, I always loved you, and it hurt me so much to give you up. I knew they would be better parents, but it tore this whole family apart."
>be friendly with half-brother, who is close with birth mom
>he says she talks about me and I should give her a shot
>her sisters get ahold of me on Facebook, tell me its good I have my half-brother as "real family" and I should expand it

I had to cut ties with the half-brother, even though I liked him. When they called their side of the family "real", it just turned me off completely to ever wanting to know them.

Fartherless or not user.
Happy Birthday. Sup Forums can always be your daddy

that's a fucking bullshit excuse user
and no, it doesn't. this is just a pathetic showmanship of regret that he wasn't man enough to stick around

Thats good. Too bad about the half bro

Talk to him, you don't need to show any affection just talk. I know what it's like
Source: mother left me as a baby, first time I got to see her was when I was 16

I was that guy. both of those are me.

Did he diddle you OP?

No he diddled a childhood friend.

Damn, don't know what I'd do in your shoes. Did he full on rape the kid? Should probably tell him to fuck off and get on with your own life if so.

Meet him once as an adult just for the experience. there will come a day youll regret it otherwise. do it for you, if only to confirm to yourself hes a cunt

fuck off you degenerate scum faggot! lose this fucking number

Forgive him. Love is always the best choice. If he had done something horrible when you were a kid, don't punish him, let the divine forces take care of it

omg this so fucking gay, i feel like i got cancer

send a "k"