Manchester United have now overtaken Liverpool as the most successful team in England with 42 trophies to 41

Manchester United have now overtaken Liverpool as the most successful team in England with 42 trophies to 41.

And its all because of the foundations laid by one man from Scotland.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eaYl8sxmjgo
dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2325824/Sir-Alex-Ferguson--I-pressured-officials-giving-Manchester-United-Fergie-time.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

never forget SAF

ok thanks, I'll sleep better my siestas knowing this.

Be a sad day >if, he ever passes away

GOAT

Is the Club World Cup a major trophy? You only have to beat 2 teams to win it.

hes already dead as far as football fans are concerned. hes not much of a public person

>is becoming world champions a major trophy

well you have to win the biggest tournament on your continent to qualify for it

only one knighthood lmao what a fucking hack

96>42

should have won more champions leagues tbqh.

how so?

>counting the community shield

You have to win the PL or the FA Cup to qualify for the Community Shield

It's a very small tournament. It's like giving a club another trophy just because they won one, just like the super cups.

Why not include the Intercontinental Cup too? The winner of that was de facto world champion.

Should have won it in 2010, Bayern got lucky and United would have thrashed inter

Same with Barca in 2009

>Implying he couldn't get more

>Manchester United have now overtaken Liverpool as the most successful team in England with 42 trophies to 41.

Is Mourinho Man United's greatest ever manager?

>implying

Liverpool's trophies were more impressive. If you weighted each trophy, Liverpool would probably come out on top.

nah, 2 is fine imo, considering the only people who have more have 3.

the manner in which he won those two is the biggest stain desu

>Tfw remembering Nani being wrongly sent off against Madrid too.

We were edging that game too until then

>only one knighthood

lol fukken weak

Don't remind me

What was SAFs record in his 1st 3 seasons at united? How many trophies?

probably not, United was on the edge because Madrid were the better side

It's a meme trophy.

Still makes me mad, was like being punched in the gut

>dominated english football for 20 years
>only 2 cls
pretty poor showing, liverslip have 5 from the same timescale and that's with the ban because of pushing a wall onto some italians

Paisley won it 3 times and you can see how many times AC Milan, Barcelona and Real Madrid won it in Alex Ferguson's time at the club. Bayern Munich only won it twice, same as Man Utd, in that time, however.

it's a damn shame that GOAT barca side propped up when fergie finally had the CL nailed down

still think those tactics in the 2011 final were very naive. should have just gone full chelsea and parked the bus.

What are you even talking about, user?

Thanks Moyes

Different tournament. It's like in 20 years there being a worldwide tournament and people comparing it to today's world club cup.

It's also down to the fact that being an English side in the champions league is a lot harder than other leagues as you also have to focus on a tougher league.

The only other English CL winners in Fergie's time were Chelsea (who finished 6th) and Liverpool (who finished 5th).

Are knighthoods bequeathed to one's eldest son?

He arrived half way through the 86/87 season, won nothing
87/88 he won nothing (2nd in league, 5th round FA Cup, 5th round League Cup)
88/89 he won nothing (11th in league, sixth round FA Cup, third round League Cup)
It was only until 89/90 where he won the FA Cup, after being very close to getting sacked (13th in league, 3rd round League Cup)

So 3.5 seasons to win his first trophy. Consequently, Mourinho is the first United manager in history to win a trophy in his first season.

he had to play catchup with the rest of Europe after Liverpool's scumbag fans set back British football decades in development

>Different tournament
I'll give you that.

>being an English side in the champions league is a lot harder than other leagues
Not at all, those teams have just been better.

English clubs have never been able to rest players for the champions league like other leagues have.

Can you imagine someone taking over united today and going 3.5 seasons without hardware?
They'd pretty much have to be firmly top 4 the whole time and UCL final rounds, right? Or maybe even that's not enough.

Football is a lot more different these days. If Ferguson had been around today he would have got sacked in 88/89 for finishing 11th (unless there were genuine signs of improvement).

>Different tournament
lolno. and even if that was true, it doesnt benefit ferguson at all.

Fergie wasn't the one to knock Liverpool off their perch.

Alan Pardew was.

>English clubs have never been able to rest players for the champions league like other leagues have.
Okay, pal.

>1 Knighthood

dont show this to beckham

There's that famous photo of a United fan telling Ferguson to resign from those days. Can only imagine how that would have gone over on twitter. You'd have #FergieOut, ex-Liverpool players on Sky talking about what a disgrace it is that he still has a job, etc. .

United were lucky to win the 2 Champions Leagues with ferguson that they did. Both final wins were undeserved.

United are the biggest club in the world now. They weren't then.

Granted, it was a lot more forgiving for managers then but comparing United then and now isn't fair.

Comparing him to say Poch at Spurs would be fairer

United arent the club they were in 86 you moron

>implying

Only Moyes would count that as a real trophy m8

PARDEW'D

youtube.com/watch?v=eaYl8sxmjgo

Pfftthahaha. Fuck off Manure. Refballed to 90% of your trophies. Fergy literally admitted to bullying for favourable decisions. The FA literally admitted that United out of CL was bad for their profits. Look at every single season since Fergy joined and the penalties won and given away. Literally every season bar 2 United had the most penalties and least given away (or best difference).

Pathetic from you chucklefucks pretending you're relevant cause you won a shitty Milk Trophy. But don't worry, your bro McNulty said it's a 'major trophy' in his BBC articles, so you can claim it is!!

Don't bother damage control replying, I'll just hide it. I'm dropping some truth bombs here and reminding non-customers about how bullshit this all is.

hmmm

Why are Liverpool fans naturally autistic?

United now have more points according to that chart.

United: 325.0
Liverpool: 324.0

It was a different tournament, only league winners could qualify

A lot of them are part irish.

>imagine having to contain this much autism on a daily basis
>weighted points
>(you)

>The FA literally admitted that United out of CL was bad for their profits
Why would that be bad for their profits? And what would the FA be able to do about it?

that doesnt make it a different tournament

If the FA was refballing popular teams into the CL, Liverpool wouldn't have had that 5-year absence.

Woahhh im red-pilled nowwww

>ABU's so mad they resort to starting Sup Forums tier conspiracy theories

real talk; manu would have significantly fewer trophies than liverpool if not for refball

Real talk: Refereeing is harder when one side is so much more superior to another.

I guess that marks the end of that spreadsheet being posted on Sup Forums

that isn't real tak

you're a bad poster

>The FA doesn't make money from domestic clubs
>The FA doesn't literally control referees who directly control matches

What are you, 10?

>It's a Cockney can't handle facts episode

How surprising.

>Create more chances = More calls to be made, more fouls in box etc.

You've never refed a game have you??

>The FA doesn't make money from domestic clubs
>The FA doesn't literally control referees who directly control matches
>What are you, 10?
What the fuck are you talking about?

>All this seething caused by a league cup win

Just discussing the contrast between then and now. No need to get abusive, as far as I can tell.

I like the Spurs analogy. I'm wondering if Spurs will ever capitalize on the freedom of not being pressured for titles every year.

>GOAT
>less European Cups in 18 more years in charge than Paisley

>You've never refed a game have you??
no, i'm good at playing football

You're a fucking retard

I'm 100% sure I read somewhere that UEFA or FA or somebody did profit from United being in Europe.

Anybody got it?

dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2325824/Sir-Alex-Ferguson--I-pressured-officials-giving-Manchester-United-Fergie-time.html

Fuck off tripfag. Filtered.

Well they're one of the top 3 biggest clubs in the world, of course the tournament organizers would profit of them being in the tournament

Oh I know but I meant in the 90's and early 2000's. China was getting into football and the FA needed a club to make popular over there. The choices were Arsenal, Liverpool and United as they wore Red. United won due to Red Devils name and the fact they were actually pretty decent. But they punched way way way above their weight. Look at the final season of Fergie. How the flying fuck did they win the title?

Ah so you're saying that the fa made united the most successful team in the world. You're a fucking retard man

Liverpool literally had the most refball ever in one team's favour in the 13/14 season and they still lost.

No wonder they're an embarrassment

Nope. Re-read what I said. The fact you went straight to that shows what bias you have. You're that Liverpool shitposter I've heard about, aren't you?

I'll break it down for you, I know you dumbfuck Paddies struggle to read proper languages like English. Gaelic is a dead language, mate. I said the FA needed a popular club in China, so it hyped up a choice of three. I then said they were a good team. At NO point did I say the FA made them good. If you roll back to what I originally said, I asked for a link of the guy admitting United out of Europe was bad for profits.

If you're literally claiming that United didn't punch above their weight, then you don't watch football. As such I advise you to watch highlights of all the seasons from 1985 to present. You'll see what I mean. Liverpool and Arsenal in the 90's were always potential challengers. Blackburn and Newcastle were dark horses. In the early 2000's, shit changed when Chelsea got their billions, followed by City.

Now go and look at who won what and how much. United achieved more than they arguably should have. Both Liverpool and Arsenal should have done way way way more.

I need to find a way to filter Irish posters, they're always either shitposters or so fucking retarded that they're impossible to talk with. Don't bother replying man, you'll just hurt yourself, maybe have an aneurysm.

See

>Manager tries everything he legally can to give his team the best chance of winning

woooow.

also,
>dailymail