My doctor gave me a prescription for Venlafaxine (Effexor XR 37.5 mg)

My doctor gave me a prescription for Venlafaxine (Effexor XR 37.5 mg).

It was given for anxiety but I'm reading reviews and these are terrifying. You can't miss a dose or you'll get horribly sick according to some people and once you take it for a week, people report that trying to stop is like going through heroin withdrawals.

Some people say that it does help with anxiety but that you can't ever stop taking it. You're pretty much on it for life.

Anyone have experience with Effexor? The doctor tried to give me BusPIRone and Hydroxyzine Pamoate in the past but it had no effect and the BusPIRone made it far worse.

Other urls found in this thread:

drugs.com/comments/venlafaxine/for-generalized-anxiety-disorder.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hey. About 10 years back I went through a really fucked up time. After a few years or being put on different things, I eventually got pit on Venlafaxine, 150mg. Man, venlafaxine worked really well for me. Only side effects I had while taking it were that I lost interest in sex. The drug actually did well for me after a month and a bit. The downside? Coming off it. It's not addictive as such, but wow. Coming away from it fucked me up, more so than others

Yeah, this is some of the shit I've read

drugs.com/comments/venlafaxine/for-generalized-anxiety-disorder.html

Some of these people say they have a lot of side effects but at least made anxiety go away. Why is this drug a thing?

Me again. On that low a dosage, you won't get it bad if you miss a day. You really don't. I think it is more so a thing of panic, as you need to take them regularly and consistently for them to work. Don't expect to take one, and instantly be better. It's more so after a month that you realise you just are not as bothered with the things that made you anxious. Really though, missing one dose won't make you feel that bad. Be smart. I take a bag with me everywhere. I kept a few in my bag in a little pill box, just incase. Other than that, I just made sure I took it I'm the morning when I woke up. Feel free to ask away stuff.

my psychiatrist calls it "side-effexor". getting off of effexor is horrible and i also had many horrible side effects taking it. i really would not recommend it

That's what I'm seeing. Even if it does work for you, you can't stop ever and if you do try to stop, the withdrawals are horrible. I might try it for a couple of days to see what happens.

Effexor is garbage, if you miss a dose enjoy your brain zaps.I have depression/anxiety and am on clonazepam and trazodone, i still get depressed sometimes but now i can sleep and im not as anxious

I honestly wouldn't read too much into that website. I get the impression more so that it's single mums and shit on sites like that, writing about how their life specifically is the worse, and looking to blame anything and anyone for stuff. Fuck that. Honestly, I just couldn't cum when taking it. I fucked for hours trying, it was insane. Thing was, I didn't actually mind either. Hard to describe. Coming off though was hard, but just do it gradually. Take yourself off them slowly, decrease the medication bit by bit. Do not go cold turkey on it. It will fuck you up. Honestly though, it did wonders for me.

Honestly mate, it doesn't work like that. The way the medicine works, it takes a good month/6 weeks for it to work. There is zero point in taking them for a few days.

Total bullshit. I've stopped SSRI's cold and aside from a few weird effects no big deal. They can really help you get through a rough patch- I was about to crack up from stress before I tried Paxil which I've heard all sorts of horror stories about quitting. I think it's worth it - it was for me.

you're the minority not the majority

I took one pill and that's it. I spent half the day throwing up and laying on the floor. My legs would shake so bad I couldn't walk. You also feel like tour brain is literally being electrocuted. I got all of that with one fucking pill. I said fuck these pills and pharmaceutical companies I started exercising regularly and changed my diet. It'd not completely gone but it has helped me trmendusky more so than any bulls hit pills doctors push on you.

I stopped taking Effexor because of the delayed orgasm side effect.

Funny, I'm the exact opposite. I cum quicker now than I did before with Effexor. Tryna change that.

You are extremely lucky. Doctors only recommend this trash because it's super expensive if your insurance doesn't cover it. I was lucky to have insurance that did. The reason doctors push pills on you is because even though it's illegal, doctors get a referral bonus for pushing people to pharmacies. The pharmaceutical industry isn't nearly as profitable in other countries. Doctors actually try to help you instead of just pushing pills on you for everything.

Delayed orgasm? You mean you cum driving home from your girl's house?

Effexor is not an SSRI. It's an SNRI.

THIS!!!!! Fuck me, the brain zaps were so fucking bad. Never again.

You can listen to who you want OP I'm just saying that while it helped my anxiety and depression personally the side effects weren't worth it at all. Especially if you have health anxiety and you think every little thing you feel in your body is bad.

Idk how much of a zap they were for me but it felt like I was being electrocuted and like half of my body was useless. I thought I was having a stroke the first time I tried it.

they literally do nothing but shut down your dick lol

just get some benzos off the darknet, maybe combine it with something like dxm. the combo for me completely eradicates any anxieties

and does nothing to resolve the problem, you're just temporarily high

Yeah 25mgfag here.

Do not take that shit.

Don't take Olanzapine either.

Shit wiped me out for two days.

Get Trintellix.

And pills do? Most of them you have to take for life or else the problem comes right back. Why are Americans conditioned to think in terms of only pills? I'm telling you, a healthy diet, exercise and making sure you're getting all the essentials, especially the Vitamin B complex does wonders and it's cheap.

Had no clue what was going on, but the zaps would paralyze me momentarily and came randomly, but frequently. I probably looked like a fucking cartoon character getting hit with lightning as I walked down the street. I thought I was going to go crazy if they didn't eventually subside.

I've had seizures on the shit. They didn't last long but every one gave me a panic attack after I came to because I had no idea what was going on. I only used them for a couple of weeks but holy fuck trying to ween off of it is not easy. I would rather get alcohol withdraws and heroin withdraws at the exact same time than go through that again. Don't do it.

Lol this thread is full of people who obviously never took the drug. It works wonders and coming down isn't nearly as bad as you people are saying.

Stay away from Benzo's when they try to put you on that shit next. Another poison and nightmare to get off of.

Oh it worked great at making me think I was having a medical emergency, getting non stop panic attacks, not being able to breathe and vomiting all day. BUT HEY! AT LEAST MY ANXIETY WAS STARTING TO GO AWAY! 10/10 drug.

Troll

Took me 3 years to taper down from 250mg to 0. I think it did something to me permanently because I feel an insane amount of anxiety now constantly and my perception of reality has changed. Im able to function somewhat nowadays tho.

Anyway the medication helped only slightly with panick attacks and thats about it really and the withdrawall was worse than quitting opiates and benzos.

TL;DR dont ever touch venlafaxine, just not worth it

"Delayed orgasm" is doctor-talk for not being able to cum easily or at all. I could fuck or fap hor hours and not ejaculate.

Oh fuck that. If I even hear a loud noise I get startled and a palpitation when my anxiety is on full blast. If I get a slight pain on the top of my head, I start thinking about aneurysms and things like that.

I sure as hell don't want any kind of zapping or shock in my head.

I'm on desvenlafaxine, which I believe is a similar drug. I've missed a dose or two (usually took it later though) and the worst symptom I've noticed (besides the obvious sorsening anxiety) is stomach pain that goes away with rest. Then again, I've only been on it a few months so I might not get serious withdrawals.

Idk anything about that drug there's people who have serious complications just after one pill or one missed day even in their first week.

It's like those drug commercials for curing minor pain but then the side effects are a laundry list long. That's effexor.