Restoring communication lines after hurricane Harvey. First day I've gotten back before midnight...

Restoring communication lines after hurricane Harvey. First day I've gotten back before midnight. Have time for a few questions if anyone is interested.

Other urls found in this thread:

datcllc.com/learn/underground-transmission/
youtube.com/watch?v=yiqW_YlX9uA
youtube.com/watch?v=mZ7bgkFgqJQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

any women offered you sex to move them up the list to get their phone line back up?

when will texas Sup Forumstards be able to fap again?

why are all the telephone poles leaning over, didn't they dig the holes deep enough and pour some concrete inside the hole?

Why should the Government help Texas when Texans want to withdraw from the Union, hate the U.S. Government and your Senators voted to not give Federal funding to Sandy Hook?

No but have had a few offers if I shared my hotel room with them

When their Kleenex dries out

Got any pics of the women making the offer?
Do you have a room to yourself?

The ground is very soft and loose. If the poles hadn't leaned they would have snapped

No pics. I have my own room cause it didn't have a/c.

How does a hotel in texas not have A/C

lmao why the fuck do you need to restore the telephones in 2018

we have the internet you retard nobody uses phones are texans this behind?!!

Texas puts plenty of our money into the US economy...the money only helps us to start contributing faster.

I'm in Maryland thinking I'm about to get fucked. Hi.

Damage from the storm.

Phone lines also carry data circuits and 911 trunks.....dork

Food, water and gas. You'll be OK.

Have you seen any weird shit laying around from peoples' homes and such?
a/e someone's collection of high tech sex toys floated away or some shit?

are you a female?

Gun, Ammunition, then water, food, gas, and a shitload of ice.

Nothing like that. Most small stuff gets washed back into the ocean when the storm surge records. Did see a boat turned upside down with a for sale sign taped to it "cheap".

silly user, there are no girls on the internet.

Communication lines refer to more than telephones jackass.

Also the cell phone towers are hooked to phone cables dipshit.

good point.

You're right. Didn't mention the first two cause Texans don't need an excuse to stockpile guns and ammo.

Worse than Sandy? If you're familiar..

hurr durr i live in city

wut coaxial

These gets

Thank you yes. Many cell towers in this area microwave their backbones but still need power.

utility arborist here, storm work is a blast and also stressfull and taxing on the body at the same time, good luck out there dude

I feel for you Sup Forumsros.
I'm a lazy unemployed cuck.
(who just moved to a large city in the past week)
Good luck, be safe.

Texan, here.

Greg Abbott and Dan Patrick, along with most other state leaders, will spend a year thanking FEMA and Trump for the federal aid, then go back to crying "secession" (or, "I'm taking my ball and going home!") over every piece of legislation even considered by the federal government. Hell, our senators will probably take all that money to rebuild the coast, then work to pass laws that prevent the fed from doing the same for other states in the future.

Also, fuck East Texas. Our entire state is ridiculous, but out east, there's nothing but redneck trash with those weird half methodist cross, half confederate stars and bars flags flying from the porch of their double wide.

Ok folks. Going to bed, early day tomorrow. Y'all be good now.

true that.

Gotta set refrigerator and freezer as cold as they will go, 24 hours before storm gets there too. That and fill the freezer the rest of the way with containers of water, for ice.

GN OP, hope you got a battery powered fan at least

Fuck. I was hoping that I could be good later.
Is it bad to fuck a grandma floating in an alley way?

ohmylord

Did Texas learn its lesson to bury the power cables because fucking hurricanes?

You act like that is the solution.
Texas is a large state, it would be ineffective to bury and cheaper to fix after a disaster.

Cheaper to fix the suspended lines.
Forgive my shitty wording, too tired and depressed.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to NOT HAVE TO FIX buried lines? Also, no downtime during disasters? Your answer seems wrong.

kk brasil porra

>Large State

You act like El Paso gets wrecked by hurricanes.

Realize that transmission lines and service power lines are very different. In high power lines the current travels around the wire, not in it. Burying these lines does not work.

Dont forget that there are hurricanes that come off of the Pacific, across Mexico and hit Texas across the SW border.

Fuck. I guess all of the electricity in Florida is transmitted by magic then.

When you bury lines, you have to DIG. The cost of burying lines like that in any area affected by disasters (in cities and collected populous) would be astronomical. Repairing them isn't as infrequent as you may think. Burrowing creatures, soil erosion, road/ground work accidents. Let alone the cost of tearing up the line(s) to fix them is ludicrous as well.

Cheaper to just put up a treated log and attach a wire.

datcllc.com/learn/underground-transmission/

This is a very complicated "no".

On top of my rant about not burying lines.
I don't think the solution for resource loss during a disaster is fool proofing infrastructure.

I think portable power generation and water purification/desalination is a more effective solution.
Most of the machinery used can be put on a cargo trailer and stowed until needed.

Kite power systems.
youtube.com/watch?v=yiqW_YlX9uA
Water de-salination
youtube.com/watch?v=mZ7bgkFgqJQ
Water purification/filtering can be achieved with a compact system.
With companies like Tesla and GE such systems could be developed for disaster aid.
Personally, I'd be willing to tackle this issue.
Alas I have no engineering or tech degree (yet)