Ask a recovering hikikomori anything Sup Forums

Ask a recovering hikikomori anything Sup Forums.

Is that really you?

bump

>Is that really you?

No i just googled hikikomori and found it.

bump bump

Do you own any cool stuff? I wanna see your wifu

>Do you own any cool stuff?

Yeah i got a smart tv in my room 2 computers a small fridge a VCR a Bluray player lots of movies and more.

wtf is a VCR

1. how'd you recover?

2. why would you want to? being a shut-in is awesome

>wtf is a VCR

Nice joke user.

are you a jap or just filthy weeb.

>1. how'd you recover?

Been recovering for about 2 years now.

>Why would you want to? being a shut-in is awesome

There are some aspects about being a hikikomori that are great but all in all its a very unhealthy way of living.

>are you a jap or just filthy weeb.

Im an American hikikomori

To someone born in 1999 or somewhat earlier they honestly might not have ever encountered a VCR, they were already on the decline and by 2006 the movie industry stopped making movies for them. Not everyone's parents rented movies for example.

Okay you have a point there.

how old are you. What jobs have you worked/are applying for.

In Japan, hikikomori (ひきこもり or 引き籠り hikikomori, literally "pulling inward, being confined", i.e., "acute social withdrawal") are reclusive adolescents or adults who withdraw from social life, often seeking extreme degrees of isolation and confinement. Hikikomori refers to both the phenomenon in general and the recluses themselves. Hikikomori have been described as loners or "modern-day hermits".[1]

have you ever worked? did you ever attempt school?

>hikikomori
kek

Thanks for posting that user.

According to Michael Zielenziger's book, Shutting Out the Sun: How Japan Created Its Own Lost Generation, the syndrome is more closely related to posttraumatic stress disorder. The author claimed that the hikikomori interviewed for the book had discovered independent thinking and a sense of self that the current Japanese environment could not accommodate.

Ughhh whats funny exactly??.

A recovering what?

>have you ever worked?

Yes my dad offered me a job at his work back when i was 16 7 years ago i worked there from 2009-2013 we printed test papers for schools.

>A recovering what?

Do some research buddy.

Someone who isolates them selfs from the out side world, topicaly to spend time indulging in their hobbies. That's the abridged definition any how

>What jobs have you worked/are applying for.

I have had about 8 interviews in the 2 years i have tried to fix myself only showed up to 3 and only 2 out of the 3 went well because muh social anxiety.

have you considered going to jobcore? its free tradeschool, they'll even house and feed you. its better than being a retail drone or a warehouse nigger.

everything about it. fucking losers.

>how old are you.

23 was shut in for about 8 years and technically the job i had back then was only a summer job back then i didn't wanna leave my room but my dad made me during the summer.

>everything about it. fucking losers.

Shut up normalfag

Never heard of that place interesting.

This

yeah, only issue is you get paired up with 2 to 3 random roomates, but if you really just focus on learning your trade you can get out with in a few months.

That would explain the VCR
Do keep talking, you are interesting

Sounds legit

>That would explain the VCR
>Implying there arent VCRs in other countries

There are?
> Wouldn't know.

>Do keep talking, you are interesting

Thanks it all started with me refusing to go to school and staying home on some days i was bullied a lot in school and to cope with that i shut myself away my parents originally thought it was nothing more than a teenage phase so they left me alone which lead to me getting into bad habits such as not showering and having 2 years of garbage in my room which i didn't actually throw out until 2 years later and also online gaming i use to actually have my meals brought upstairs to me and my parents would leave them outside my bedroom door it was pretty bad the first few years i was a hikki.

bump