A man at an event I was at got really mad this was on and called it generic

a man at an event I was at got really mad this was on and called it generic
it's haunted me since, the dude doesn't usually talk to except to either try and make a point about something or much more likely make a sarcastic "quip" because sarcasm is the wittiest thing ever

it mostly got me wondering tho
is there a whole world of vietnamese and chinese folk/pop hip-hop that I'm unfamiliar with?
Something from before 2006 that actually would make Onra's work seem totally generic?

The only thing I can think of that would make Onra seem generic is his own work, what with the 33 similar tracks on one album

do people on this board not listen to Onra?

you probably wouldn't know generic from a label on a can of soup

IDGAF

Shit is generic as fuck and beginner.

why is a thread about pickle rick doing better than a thread about a whole style of music

okay well that's incredibly unhelpful and mostly just makes you seem like kind of a stupid tool
generic in what sense? where else do I get this blend of sounds?

blend of hip hop and asian samples?
are you fucking 12?
you probably from saskatchewan.
tool?
oh i dunno try everybody making beats from 1990 onward...
FUCKFACE TOURIST

right cause all of asia is the same
you sure got me

you have yet to post a single example

I get that you're on Sup Forums so you're clearly way too good for anyone including other people on Sup Forums but uh why all the needless aggression

Sorry, I'm a dick. I don't like you personally.

you don't know me personally

and apparently you don't know any pre mid 2000's lofi hip hop/turntablism based on chinese and vietnamese folk and pop from the 60s

i know enough about you to know you don't know shit and are a fucking idiot

idiot

i think you're cute

hey anyone civil or even reasonably intelligent on Sup Forums wanna get in this thread?

i think you're a fucking piece of shit personally

"oh you're so dumb and don't know anything and I'm way too good to prove that I know what I'm talking about or even what you're talking about because I'm on a board for people who are 18+"

you should see a therapist

thanks for the advice shithead

Onra does tend to make generic 1 minute lofi tracks. Other than the constant reoccurring theme of sounding oriental there really isn't anything that makes his tracks stand out.

BTFO

its generic because its really bland instrumental hip hop but since its done by an asian. normies think its this underrated gem

>Hip Hop and Asian Samples (wu-tang)
>are you 12?

Pick one

Thread

Idk why you're all flustered because someone called you out on having shit taste. I like that bit where you try to complicate his music by calling it Vietnamese/Chinese folk pop fusion hip hop when it's just generic lofi. Onra's not even close to obscure either, pretty sure the latest album that came out this year had like a million views on YouTube

>i know enough about you to know you don't know shit and are a fucking idiot
>idiot

/thread