What is the modern equivalent of Bjork's Post?

What is the modern equivalent of Bjork's Post?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/74359655/#74363465
youtube.com/watch?v=1A_aauG6n0I
youtube.com/watch?v=FsYt1-5MXT4
youtube.com/watch?v=Jo_AIWO2AUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI
rbt.asia/mu/thread/66653074/#q66673454
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Grimes: Art Angels. I swear I'm not memeing.

Both shit albums so this makes sense

I trust you. AA is a masterpiece.

kys, post is a masterpiece.

forgot about art angels

Did you? Too bad.

Vulnicura > Vespertine > Medulla > Homogenic > Biophilia > Volta > Music from DR9 > Selmasongs > Post > Debut > Visions >>> Art Angels

A new Bjork fan. How cute.

holy shit taste

you are like a little babby

please do not unfairly disparage people user, let love in2 ur heart

Fucking idiots, I've loved Bjork since long before Vulnicura came out. If you really want to go on about how Debut/Post/Homogenic is her best and Volta totes sux becuz its so le CRINGE LYRICS you're the fucking plebs here

How someone fucks up a Bjork ranking this much is beyond me.

Homogenic = Vespertine > Biophilia > Debut > Post > Vulnicura > Volta >>> Medulla

please do not be so aggressive towards your fellow anons, user. We r all here 2 share and discuss our love 4 music be ez friend we are on an anonymous image board

But AA is better.

C a l m d o w n.

You got it wrong. It's viceversa. How much a pleb you must be to underrate Grimes' album so much? How are shitty albums like Volta, Medulla, Biophilia better than V & AA?

Hahahaha. Nice to see it annoyed you. Made my day! Just trying to help! :)

Actually you're right. Post is patchy at best.

Open your mind to me! 8D

>Calling Biophilia shitty and Visions not shitty

Damn.

user I used to be like you, I used to try and be nice and civil to everyone on Sup Forums, but it doesn't work. I have to put on the persona of a bitter shithead to get point across or else I'm just ignored :(
Volta, Medulla, and Biophilia are excellent albums, Visions AA are bad
I'm fucking sorry ok?

>uhghnn everyone's telling me i have shit taste but it's them who have shit taste!!!

decent rating and i respect your opinion

my personal ranking is
Homogenic > Debut > Medúlla > Vespertine > Post > Vulnicura > Biophilia > Volta

but i have shit taste so :^(

Visions is great. Visions has Genesis, Oblivion, Be a Body, Circumambient, Symphonia IX, Skin, Vowels = Space and Time, Nightmusic, Colour of Moonlight. Biophilia has a shitty app.

Medulla will never click with me. I just don't like acapella

>Making fun of the app to avoid talking about the album itself
Neat.

>Volta, Medulla, and Biophilia are excellent albums, Visions AA are bad
I bet all my money you don't even remember one song from these albums. V & AA are so much better it's not even funny. They completely btfo all Bjork's patchy albums.

Biophilia is beautiful album with poetic lyrics and an engaging study in texture. plus Solstice is the best closer she ever wrote.
Visions has two good songs, the big hits

>missing the point
That app was the only memorable thing about that shitty and dull album.................

not that user but I mean I might agree that Visions and Art angels are better than Biophilia and Volta

but that's easily the patchiest spot in Bjork's discography desu so that's not saying much

>Visions has two good songs, the big hits
FALSE. All those songs I mentioned before are great. Biophilia doesn't have one decent song.

I remember the songs on it a lot more than I do most of visions. It's my least favorite Grimes album.

They're all great albums, Bjork never had a patchy period, just a period where some people struggled to understand what she was doing

Trying way too hard
2/10 troll made me respond.

They're also better than all Bjork albums. Pick her best album: Homogenic. If you discared the singles, there's nothing good remaining. Also it's so unemotional like an Icelandic glacier. Good art stirs emotions, don't leave you cold.

Every song on Biophilia is great except for Hollow, which is the shortest track on the album anyway and helps the pacing of the album

I didn't like Biophilia or Medulla at first but they grew on me a lot, love them now. Volta is her worst album, it's good but not as good as the others, Voltaic/Volta live DVD is great though.

Why the fuck does everything have to be a competition with Grimes? I hate this board sometimes.

eh i mean idk

I like biophilia but to this day i struggle to fit volta into my normal listening rotation

i would argue that volta is bjork's only not good album, but even at that it's probably a strong 5

Because of the 3 anons that obsess over her on here and ruin every other thread.

>Bjork never had a patchy period, just a period where some people struggled to understand what she was doing
Nice excuse. Anything after Vespertine is of a lower quality than her '90s music. Even her '90s albums had filler. Bjork's main problem is her inconsistent songwriting. Grimes is far, far more consistent and better.

Homogenic literally doesn't have a weak track, what are you talking about?

The "weakest" track on the record imo is 5 Years which is still a great track lyrically and vocally

>Every song on Biophilia is great
(You)

>grimes is a more consistent songwriter than bjork

geidi primes and halfaxa are actual trash

Yeah you can tell just by the writing style, hell, one even said "I bet you all my money..." the other day too lol

>Homogenic literally doesn't have a weak track, what are you talking about?
Pluto, Immature, 5 Years, All Neon Like and Hunter are weak songs. No decent hooks, no good arrangements, just empty boring shells of songs.

>geidi primes and halfaxa are actual trash
Dude, you're hyper pleb if you really believe that. Don't ever pretend to be patrician.

I've posted that exact list on a bunch of Bjork threads and it's always gotten a very positive response with anons agreeing with me and having similar rankings. I think the issue is thes thread is made up of grimesfags and waifufags (who aren't real fans)
wtf
Volta has a couple of her worst songs, but outside of that it has some real beauties like Pneumonia and My Juvenile
Wrong. Medulla, Volta, and Biohphilia and unique and creative albums with great songwriting and emotional resonance
I'm right though

>Decent hooks

>implying only one person could say these sentences
You should seek professional help. Your delusions and conspiracy theories are overwhelming.

Holy fucking shit this is brainpower I'm dealing with
Listen to the drum programming on Hunter again

>Wrong. Medulla, Volta, and Biohphilia and unique and creative albums with great songwriting and emotional resonance
They're shitty albums. No one would care if they were made by someone else. If Grimes would have make them, you would pan her hard. You know it.

It's definitely the same person, they (you?) were defending Grimes in the other thread too archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/74359655/#74363465

>Listen to the drum programming on Hunter again
I've heard better dum programming. See, that's the issue: you are impressed by production and flourishes but don't realize that song goes nowhere and it doesn't have a satisfying chorus and ending. It's a mediocre song at best.

They're more singular than nothing Grimes has ever done, AA and Visions are way less adventurous

I'll be back with an argument after my dinner. :)

I see that you have a problem with people defending Grimes. If you dislike that, then don't say shit about her music. Don't whine when you get what you deserve.

Yep, you can tell it’s the same few people ruining threads every time. They all end up with the same arguments about how they’re right and everyone else is wrong.

You’d think they’d get bored of spouting the same shit every day but no

>maybe if i defend grimes on the internet enough my waifu will come and swoop me away and we'll live happily ever after :)

>They're more singular than nothing Grimes has ever done, AA and Visions are way less adventurous
Did you even listen to Geidi Primes and Halfaxa? Those albums are way more singular than anything Bjork has ever done. BTW Bjork ripped off Claire Hamill - Voices when she did Medulla. She's not original as you think. Without her great producers she would be a footnote in the '90s.
Bjork is based on 2 things: her voice and production. She never had strong songwriting skills.

Defending Grimes is fine, just when they say shit like if Grimes had made a Bowie album I like you'd bet all your money you wouldn't like it when I said I would have, and I'm a grimes fan! How the fuck do you know what I think?

basically this You can't state your opinion without being shat on.

Why does Sup Forums overrate Bjork so much? Is her music that great?

The Bends

Sup Forums doesn't overrate her. It is that great yes.

>You’d think they’d get bored of spouting the same shit every day but no
Maybe it's time to avoid these threads if you dislike them so much. I and other fans aren't going anywhere. You should know by now what you get in these threads.

I try to, but sometimes you get a good discussion going about Bjork or someone then you come in, even in Bjork's own general thread. I don't go into the Grimes thread and talk about Bjork. I'm a fan, I just don't feel the need to defend her as strongly as you

>Did you even listen to Geidi Primes and Halfaxa?
No, sorry. I'm really not inclined to go out of my way to listen to more of an artist when the two albums I have listened to sounded so poor. Hey, maybe they're good
>BTW Bjork ripped off Claire Hamill - Voices when she did Medulla
Not really, you my as well say she ripped off Meredith Monk. The point of Medulla isn't that it's an album of acapella music, it's to see how much the human voice can be manipulated to sound nonhuman or nonorganic.
>Without her great producers she would be a footnote in the '90s.
This is insulting and diminishing. Bjork is an excellent producer in her own right, Matmos and Arca had much less influence on her music than you think. The only collaborator that had a significant influence on her production is Mark Bell, and even then I don't think it's fair to dismiss an artist's work because they collaborate.
>Bjork is based on 2 things: her voice
well yeah
>and production
well yeah
>She never had strong songwriting skills.
Yikesaloo! Structure-wise she's never done anything amazing, but Bjork's music is bursting with stunning melodies, textures, instrumention, and poetry. I don't really know what to say if you think her songwriting is poor desu

This is not a Bjork general, just a specific thread about albums like Post.
>I'm a fan, I just don't feel the need to defend her as strongly as you
I just like that. I feel no effort doing that.

>No, sorry. I'm really not inclined to go out of my way to listen to more of an artist when the two albums I have listened to sounded so poor. Hey, maybe they're good
They're actually different than V & AA: way more dreamy, floaty, experimental, enigmatic. Kinda like a synthpop Cocteau Twins. People who like them tend to dislike V & AA and viceversa.
>Not really, you my as well say she ripped off Meredith Monk. The point of Medulla isn't that it's an album of acapella music, it's to see how much the human voice can be manipulated to sound nonhuman or nonorganic.
Listen to that Claire Hamill album and you'll understand.
>This is insulting and diminishing. Bjork is an excellent producer in her own right, Matmos and Arca had much less influence on her music than you think. The only collaborator that had a significant influence on her production is Mark Bell, and even then I don't think it's fair to dismiss an artist's work because they collaborate.
Let's face it, she had good producers. They helped her music to elevate from ordinary.
>Yikesaloo! Structure-wise she's never done anything amazing, but Bjork's music is bursting with stunning melodies, textures, instrumention, and poetry. I don't really know what to say if you think her songwriting is poor desu
Her songwriting is so try hard. It doesn't sound efortless like Grimes. Like there's always something missing, mainly from her choruses.

>Let's face it, she had good producers. They helped her music to elevate from ordinary.

Read more interviews with her and her producers, and look at the credits.

Bjork does most of the work. For example, Arca listened to an unfinished version of Vulnicura, he cried he thought it was that good and didn't think anything needed to be added. Matmos didn't even produce anything, they added some percussion on a few tracks on Vespertine when it was 99% done and some programming on one song on Medulla

I like Cocteau Twins, I guess I'll check them out
>Claire Hamill album and you'll understand.
Alright, I did listen to one track when you mentioned it but It seemed like fairly standard contemporary acapella. I'll give it a go later on the evening when I have time
>she had good producers. They helped her music to elevate from ordinary.
I don't deny that she worked with good prodcuers user, I absolutely love Matmos. But to say they elevated her from the ordinary is a gross overstatement, she's immensely talented and was never ordinary to begin with. I also think it's unfair to describe them "her producers" rather than just producers she worked with, your making her sound like Britney Spears.
>Her songwriting is so try hard. It doesn't sound efortless like Grimes. Like there's always something missing, mainly from her choruses.
My blood is boiling user :/
I guess that's just something we have very different opinions on; try-hard is a label I'd put on Grimes, who's never sound effortless as much as gaudy and contrived (outside a couple of songs) to me

I BET YOU ALL THE MONEY

>I like Cocteau Twins, I guess I'll check them out
A random song from Halfaxa: youtube.com/watch?v=1A_aauG6n0I
It has under 3 minutes. If you like this, you'll probably like the whole Halfaxa.

OK, I admit I was mean. I enjoy most Bjork singles but her album tracks are underwheling to me.
>I guess that's just something we have very different opinions on; try-hard is a label I'd put on Grimes, who's never sound effortless as much as gaudy and contrived (outside a couple of songs) to me
Grimes is trying too hard but she succeeds. Her songs never sound half assed or underwhelming. All her songs are full of little details which make them super enjoyable to listen to. It's a joy to listen to her music. I've never heard someone who mixed experimental with pop so well and in such a seamless way.

THAT UR A PLƎB

>I've never heard someone who mixed experimental with pop so well and in such a seamless way.
Examples of this? I just listened to Dream Fortress and I loved the interaction between the strings and the beat at the start, but once it gets into the actual song it turns into engaging ambient pop
Damn she really does sound like Elizabeth on this track. It's okay I guess. It's perfectly listenable (unlike some of her songs that just grate), but I'm not grabbed by it desu
Oh wait Weregild sounds good. I like it :)
I think I'll give Halfaxa a listen. Thread'll portably be dead by the time it's done but whatever

>Examples of this? I just listened to Dream Fortress and I loved the interaction between the strings and the beat at the start, but once it gets into the actual song it turns into engaging ambient pop
Basically most of her music. Here's a random song: youtube.com/watch?v=FsYt1-5MXT4 When that chorus hits the feeling is like you're in heaven.
Another one: youtube.com/watch?v=Jo_AIWO2AUQ
Early in her career she did some extended nameless experimental jams like this one: youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI

>I think I'll give Halfaxa a listen.
Do it. It's her most dreamy and experimental album. It may take a while to really get into it.

bump

final bump

Vespertine > Homogenic > Vulnicura > Post > Visions > Debut > Biophilia > Art Angels > Medulla > Volta

source

Medulla>Biophilia>Volta>Vespertine>Debut>Vulnicura>everything else

shit taste

Circumambient is the only good song

worst opinion I've ever heard

death grips No Love Deep Web

>her only good albums are actual trash
made me think

>someone destroys your argument
>only response is "let's face it"

rbt.asia/mu/thread/66653074/#q66673454

I'm the hunter.

I'm going hunting

Pffffffffffffffffft. That's false. She has tons of good songs.

>her only good albums
made me think

there isnt a never will be fuck grimes

One on Art Angels and one on Visions, also most of Halfaxa and her assorted jams

>One on Art Angels and one on Visions
>he believes this
You're just silly. Do you think people would care so much about her if she had so few good songs? Think again.

>Do you think people would care so much about her if she had so few good songs?
This is Sup Forums. And also, they would care if they THOUGHT that she had more than a few good songs. I'm convinced that grimesfags are a deep-cover trolling group.