Comfy Vinyl Thread

Post your record collections and latest finds.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Odyssey-Innovative-Designs-KLP1-Black/dp/B0098ZJHSO/ref=pd_sbs_267_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0098ZJHSO&pd_rd_r=GYW2B1N7HRKDYYJB4KWD&pd_rd_w=FbXK4&pd_rd_wg=1ecpV&psc=1&refRID=GYW2B1N7HRKDYYJB4KWD
youtube.com/watch?v=4HCypARiO64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Check me out

Anybody else traveling with records now? Taking some stuff I bought at home back to school

whats in those boxes user?

whats comfy about spending money on a dead technology?

The look and sound of vinyl give me maximum comfort.

Why do people buy and repair classic cars?

I always travel with records since there are no local stores where I live. Just buy a $50 case for traveling.

I got this one at Amoeba, it's great. Sturdy, light, and has a locking mechanism: amazon.com/Odyssey-Innovative-Designs-KLP1-Black/dp/B0098ZJHSO/ref=pd_sbs_267_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0098ZJHSO&pd_rd_r=GYW2B1N7HRKDYYJB4KWD&pd_rd_w=FbXK4&pd_rd_wg=1ecpV&psc=1&refRID=GYW2B1N7HRKDYYJB4KWD

Are CDs allowed too?

Last week I ordered a six-disc set of obscure 60's garage rock. Like eight hours of shit like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=4HCypARiO64

Nice Deadmilkmen record. I really want a copy of Beelzebubba

because they will never be reproduced

An original record from the '70s won't ever be reproduced, what's your point?

imo none of their albums can compare to their debut album.

My store has had a lot of really cool classical and early electronic shit come in lately

Mother Earth's Plantasia is my shit!

I bought this but delivered it to the wrong address. Oh well, I'm strapping old mailers to a duffel bag

I had the store order several copies of the latest reissue and I almost lost my copy to some kid who asked that we hold it for 24 hours but thankfully he never came back so I snagged it yesterday during my shift

The 2017 reissue? I hear it has loads of problems since it's an unofficial bootleg (just like the rest of the "reissues"). Stuff like missing entire audio channels or something....

Sadly I bought it too

>paying for sound

A buddy of mine bought it the other day and had no issue, but I've yet to play mine, so I guess i'll have to check that real soon.

I wonder if Garson realizes he's sitting on top of a goldmine

just bought this

Fingers crossed my copy is like that.

Is he familiar with the album? From what I heard, if you're really into it, you'll notice the missing things.

If not, you'll get by without them fine

mine completely cuts out during certain songs. yes im mad.

We're both pretty familiar with it, been a fan for a few years now and listened at least 10 times or so. I guess i'll figure out if mine is bum in a bit here.

Explain what you mean. Can't be that it does dead silent or something.

I heard it twice a long time ago and once more recently soon after I bought the record. Bought it without really doing my homework and I wouldn't say I'm too familiar with it.

>Can't be that it does dead silent or something.

thats exactly what happens...

Fuck me, man.

Tracks? or is it in between them?

My copy is coming tomorrow from turntable lab and I'm fucking worried now.

Think you can return your copy?

(increasing fear)
at least I have an original copy of the album he did as Lucifer

anyone got an OG copy of Trout Mask Replica?

>tfw got a 1971 reissue for free
>tfw it only has the first LP

i need this on vinyl

one more LP than I got

bump

I've been trying to get hold of a reasonably priced copy of John Maus' We Must Become for about 3 years now

Best way to store records? I'm going to Ikea tomorrow, they must have something vinyl sized.

kallax

Nice. I also got "In it for the money" this weekend, along with a few more Zappas.

Can anyone recommend legs for this thing?

Last thing I got, as a gift. It's a very interesting album, lots of good stuff.

Here's where I'd post my copy of the 2017 DE of The Fragile
If Trent had his shit together and had sent them out on time

you just reminded me I need a johnny at folsom vinyl. thx duder

r8 and if anyone feels like posting where you keep your records stored feel free cause I need ideas.

Eez not bad vinyls.
I bought a couple shelves from Walmart for like $15 each. Just make sure you get the ones that are over 12" between the shelves.

Found it in PerĂº for around $50.

Newest find!

But you can still listen to that music, even in higher quality

Pretty comfy this Monday evening lads.

You can also still drive new cars, that go faster and are more comfortable.

What's Up Grandpa

MIRIN' hard. What Pioneer is that? PL514? I have a PL518 from my old man and I LOVE it.

vinyls isnt a word
how could you be that deep in the hobby (assuming thats your setup in the pic) and still be saying that

He has a meme table (lower end Project) what do you expect?

Holy shit user where did you got it?
Did you had to give your kidney for it?

Eez isn't a word either. I was speaking in this-wise language. Think foreign accent.
Normally I would call them records.

Cringe

Very comfy room. Looks like it would go good with a nice scotch.

Actually, it's a Rega RP1 PP, but thanks for trying to shit on it anyway....

good shit, i was lucky to pick up one of the represses from last year
idk about the other user, but i got mine through a family friend who lives in japan who picked it up for me and mailed it to me. if you're really dead set on getting a copy of long season or a ton of other fishmans merch go to buyee.jp , it's like a proxy service but for ebay auctions

Repress from last year, was like $20

200 Motels album is amazing

A music store opened up in my town this week. was pumped, havent had one since the old cd store closed when i was like 6. Got this pick up

Never got into plantasia, much prefered Ataraxia: The Unexplained

Been getting into that stuff too, though I prefer the less musical (or at least novelty) albums

OPAL YOU HOT LITTLE BITCH

>implying I didn't steal my turntable, my preamp, amplifier, speakers, electricity, and all of my records
You're the burglary pleb user

Best part of vinyl is you can sell it.

Have fun trying to figure out the value on your mp3s

>tfw I ordered Meeting of the Waters on AnCo's webstore three months ago and still hasn't arrived
Fuck man I just want it