/cbb/ general - THIS IS MADNESS

Conference tournament seeds getting locked in.

Get in here.

first for /aac/

First for Zona and Conference of Champions

>1:00pm Middle Tennessee def. UAB, 66-64
2:00pm (7) Louisville def. Syracuse, 88-68
3:00pm UCF leads (15) Cincinnati, 30-27 at halftime
3:30pm (22) Butler leads Xavier, 38-37 at the half
4:00pm #16 Wisconsin vs. Michigan State (CBS)
>5:00pm Houston vs. Memphis (CBSSN)
6:30pm Georgia Tech vs. #21 Notre Dame (ESPNU)

Syracuse: what went wrong?

>western Illinois is buttfucked in men's basketball
>western Illinois is queen in womans basketball
THIS IS MADNESS

Holy fuck this MSU defense im so horny right now

First for the future national champs

*trigger warning* I will use 'us' and 'we' and 'our' a lot. Sorry it felt right.

Bros, as a casual Zona fan its making me tear my hair out. What is lacking in Sean Miller that we can't ever quite do it? What is his X Factor? Does he rest his players enough or should he change to a Triangle Offense (I dunno what im talking about).

This team should be getting yearly Elite Eights and have had a Final Four by now.

One thing I noticed vs. UCLA is we kept chucking 3s though our percentage was puny %, we have Markanon and Ristic I mean, we can't get interior shots?

Maybe its the little statistical things hes missing. Maybe its bad assistant coaching.

Seriously I am going to be so upset if UofOregon gets a championship before us man, I went to this college for the sun and benefits and didn't want to live in damn Eugene 4 more years MOM. Shit.

dammit, sorry for the reddit spacing.

Hey there user, I'm the only other Zonafag in this general (I think)

I think our problems are:
>Markkanen hitting freshman wall
I believe he should stay just one more year to even things out. I do not believe he is NBA caliber. Lacking on defense hard.
>INABILITY TO CRACK ZONE DEFENSE
Every opponent we play plays zone against us. What we should be doing is playing hard into the paint against the zone instead of tossing the ball around the perimeter until shot clock expires.
>Freshman inexperience
I think Simmons' problem is not playing enough. He's a fucking phenomenal athlete but he makes stupid decisions and is very streaky.

Other than that we are a great fucking team. Be pumped user, because now that Trier is getting hot (and I mean he's on fucking fire right now - not to mention PJC as our x-factor hooper) I still see us as the only FF contender coming out of the Pac-12. Oregon is a fucking meme dude. You see the Stanford game they played?

If we see them in Pac championship, we will beat them. UCLA is a different story but I feel like it's a toss-up whoever wins that game.

Also, be hyped for next year. Rawle, Kobi, and (hopefully) Trier + a sick freshman class.

Things are looking up, not down! Sorry for long post.

tl;dr zone defense and inexperience

Why does Wisconsin suck this year?

New to CBB. Does MSU have any chance of making the tournament?

does anybody know what the rounds in the big 10 tournament will look like?

Name power should get them in ala Syracuse from last year. That is unless they completely shit the bed and lose out.

*chokes*
*gets heartbreak city'd*

NEVER SAY GOODBYE
NEVER SAY GOOOOODBYYYYYEEEEEEE

This MSU vs Wisconsin game is lit af famalamadingdong

best game of the night

I hate MSU but I gotta admit their faggot fans get rowdy as fuck for some floorsqueak

It's all we have

Gametime is shametime lads.

>lametime

who /schizo/ here?

who /either lose in the first round or be that 7 seed to make it to the Final Four with no middle ground in between/ here?

>Notre Dame defending

GT cutting to the basket all over the place.

Don't really know where it's coming from. We've been struggling with that a bit, didn't figure ND would be susceptible to fucking up there tonight.

I know Allen didn't play against Miami but after that game I just got to accept maybe this isn't Duke's year.
It should have been our year. ;_;

Fuck off with your >our year pity party.

Try not having a national championship in any team sport.

Y'all have fucked my bracket for two years running.

You fuck off. You don't know the disappointment of having a team that was suppose to dominate and have them be just "good". Almost every year the standard here is to win a chip.
You VT fans should be used to being shit and mediocre, it's easier and there's no pressure.

>I believe he should stay just one more year to even things out. I do not believe he is NBA caliber. Lacking on defense hard

He's NBA caliber if they draft him high. He'll improve faster playing basketball as a job than he will playing it as an extracurricular.

>You VT fans should be used to being shit and mediocre, it's easier and there's no pressure.

That's cute coming from a team Tech whipped this year.

>inb4 muh Grayson Allen

The margin of victory was wider than his scoring average.

You're probably right; that was my bias speaking.

But yes muh Grayson Allen.
Undefeated this year with all of our players playing and coach K on the sideline.

Also you know your school is shit when they storm the court. So excited to beat a team they rarely beat they must rush the court.

>Oregon is a meme
>We are the only FF contender
>get shit kicked in by Oregon

Hmmm...

>#1 recruiting class
>preseason #1
>preseason NPoY

>gets shit kicked in by an Oregon team that had record breaking night in shooting
Meanwhile, Oregon ekes out wins by Brooks meme chuck against motherfucking Cal and commits reach in foul in final seconds of Stanford game. What they did against us in Eugene was a statistical outlier and you'd be stupid to think otherwise

Outside of Tatum the recruiting class was a bust. There's hope for Jackson next year though

Coach that can recruit way better than he can coach syndrome

Is miles bridges gonna leave michigan state after this year? He seems like a dude who really reps msu and wants to win and this group of freshmen are definitely gonna be legendary in 4 years time

Zona beat Cal by 5 both times they played, hardly a statement win. Zona will be a meme as long as Sean Miller is coach there. He's just not a very good coach. Great recruiter, bad performer in March. No signs that will change this year. The only person that could score reliably against UCLA (an actual FF contender) was Trier. No one else showed up to play offensively. Markanen got bitched around on the boards. Zona will likely be the PAC12 team that gets sent out East and bounced in the second weekend.

Better luck next time bees.

Good game, we shouldn't have been in it in the second half though.

NIT seems most likely for us at this point. Win the last two and win a couple ACCT games, maybe we sneak in to the dance but I doubt it. Still, all things considered I'm happy with that.

How fucking stupid is this early ncaa top 16 bullshit, the final reveal is always hype as fuck cus nobody knows what the top seeds are, it's honestly the dumbest change in cbb this year

does Witchita state need to win the tournament

I'd root for you guys, ever since your epic run in the tourney I've got mad respect for your players and fans.

He should leave if he's got the NBA people fooled into thinking he's a lotto pick.

this but if he stayed msu could win it all next year id say maybe 20% he stays

northwestern gonna make it?

they can make it to the finals and still get in. maybe even lose in the semifinals.

I think he's leaving, he's buddys with that josh jackson kid, Idk if he could handle the banter if jackson gets paid but he's still playing college ball

oh yeah id take the money and run too most likely but college is fun as fuck, especially for superstar athletes and he could still improve his 3 among other things. i mean hes athletic af but so is everyone else im surprised people still project him as a 10-20 1st rounder but from what little ive watched of cbb there dont seem to be many great players. side note the three mock drafts i just looked at, none of them had swanigan as a first rounder maybe i know nothing about basketball but i think hes hands down best player in the big ten (what i mostly watch) and id assume best big in country

Swanigan is similar to Jared Sullinger, who was drafted 21st. There's a big jump in athleticism in the NBA.

>I am going to be so upset if UofOregon gets a championship before us

not even a duck fan, just wanted to point his out.

Ark State checking in here.
#SunBeltHeat gonna blow this tourney wide open this year. UTA, ASU, or one of the Georgia schools could do some damage, IMHO.

*blocks your path*

Can anyone answer this?

losing to indiana was a huge blow, not likely now

>UCLA at 3
>kentucky, louisville, oregon, and baylor at 2
>UCLA is better than literally all of those teams
how does joe lunardi still have a job?

new ap poll is out

I'd think so, but only if they perform well in at the conference tournament. Losing to Indiana stunk for them, but I have them on the bubble. So, semifinals in conference? Yes, they'll make it. Anything else is iffy

Monday, February 27th

7:00pm #5 North Carolina vs. #23 Virginia (ESPN)
7:00pm #10 West Virginia vs. #11 Baylor (ESPNU)
9:00pm #25 Miami vs. Virginia Tech (ESPN2)
9:00pm Oklahoma vs. #1 Kansas (ESPN)

How the fuck is villanova still ranked 2 with a loss to Butler last week?

UCLA should be number 2 this is fucking bullshit

And lunardi has ucla as a 3 seed in the tournament? These east coast biased faggots need to get their heads examined

you got 3 first place votes man, calm down. that's 3 more than you deserve, be greatful.

YEAH BUDDY

>post your conference bracket
>predictions

pac-12 bracket isn't decided just yet

This spaghetti nigger needs to be fucking fired

>gonzaga
still 1 seed

>north carolina
1 seed

>ucla
3 seed

>kentucky
2 seed

>baylor
2 seed

>louisville
2 seed

Does he flip a coin each week or some shit to determine this or does he actually fucking look at the games and rankings of the top 25

he had UCLA as a 4 seed last week, he's pulling it out of his ass

WHAT WENT WRONG FOR THE MOUNTAIN WEST

Meme conference. Irrelevant.

Come gather around people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone
And if your breath to you is worth saving
Then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changing

>greatful
Must be a Kentucky fan

When I think meme confrence, I think the summit

This is literally the only time a year I care about floor squeak.

Has LeX crawled out of his hole yet?

Conference tournaments get started in half an hour. If you're interested I'd suggest checking out either UNF or USC-Upstate tonight. UNF has the best player in the conference, Dallas Moore, who has Jimmer range and isn't afraid to chuck. Upstate has a fat motherfucker who no one can stop inside.

FGCU and Lipscomb are the favorites, but they should handle business tonight.

Holy Shit my Alma Mater is posted on spee

UNF still have that meme kid in the band?

>Doris burke

Aaaaaaand the tv is now muted

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaass

queen

Northwestern is never gonna qualify, are they =(((((((((((

nope get fucked

Hey friendo

>Baylor/WVU being relegated to ESPNu so they can show the Uconn women kick the shit out of USF on ESPN2

When will this meme die?

Halftime in the early games and everything is playing out as expected. UNF up 1 on Jacksonville, USC Upstate up 2 on Kennesaw, and Dunk City up 18 on Stetson.

But UCONN is so good :D

Also UVA is getting revenge today bitches

>getting revenge

lmao all these fucking turnovers

USC-Upstate-Kennesaw is a 1 point game with 30 seconds left. Might be our first buzzer beater of March.

Let's do this lads

lunardi fired when????

Also a 2 point game between UNF-Jacksonville with Jacksonville at the line to tie

pls win so UVA gets higher seed

>reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'm torn on winning now.

>It's a "Press Virginia runs out of gas" episode

We lose summit tournament now