Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums.

I know I'm looking at this from a far too short sighted point of view, but I just can't agree with the old sentiment that it's better to try and fail than never try.

Rejection really, really hurts.

Any oldfags got any input from their experiences?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6zDi5w8R4-Y&t=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you are weak

Meh. Win some, lose some. Play the game. Retire at some point after you get tired of fucking and drama. Get some cats.

If you never try, you never succeed, simple as that.

Try being 10 or 20 years older than you are currently and still never having succeeded at whatever it is you want. Then you'll realize how dumb you're being.

If you don't learn from those mistakes then your mentality is absolutely correct. While failure does suck and hurts when it happens repeatedly, if you learn from those mistakes the odds that the next thing you try results in that same mistake will be a lot lower. It's a shitty way to accomplish things but there's no real easier way in life to go about it.

I honestly used to be able to take it in much better humour.

Wondering what could've been hurts even worse imo. At least with rejection you know the answer.

How about you don't give a shit in the first place so it doesn't really matter if you win or lose?

>be shitty cook
>try cooking
>fail
>look into where i fail
>try again
>succeed
or
>be shitty cook
>try cooking
>fail
>demotivated
>never cook again
or
>be guy
>never cooked in one's life
>never try to improve and just leaves it at that
Which is better, fuckers?

I see your point.

the third one obviously

What about
>be guy
>never cooked in his life
>doesnt waste his time trying to do shit he's obviously not great at
>does something he is great at
>become greater at that thing
>dont be distracted by unnessecary failures

Hey, look at me. I have a unique opinion, can someone please support it so I dont look like a beta cunt?

Someone forgot their autism pills

Your mom? Cause she is making dumb noises under my table again.

Read this OP

Haha but asking yourself "what if?" Doesnt hurt like the memory of rejection.

MiddleAgeFag here. Say you want to play tennis, but can't because it hurts so much to lose. Choose to react differently, and play as much as you like.

Same thing for women, exams, job interviews, etc. We all have to make a conscious decision as to how we react to anything. Forget about the pain of rejection-- don't give defeats a second thought.

Your dog would advise you to carry on doing whatever you were doing when she caught your eye. Analyzing and agonizing is a mug's game.

There's no shame in being rejected. And even if there were... so what? You'll wake up one day and be FIFTY. That's how it works. All of the anxiety you create over inconsequential crap is a waste of time. You should be enjoying Life.

So, go play the game and forget the losses immediately. That's what your dog would do. And he probably gets laid a lot.

If he still has his balls, I mean.

Sounds like you're just a massive vagina OP. Have fun never doing anything.

>live your life like a dog
Wtf is that advice you idiot? Are you a negroid convict?

It's the regrets that sting once you're old. Not the rejections because they'll just be a footnote in your life

>doesn't try something new
>assumes himself a fuckup at something he's never tried
fucking beta-fags, i swear

Until you become alpha and start getting laid

...asked the lifelong virgin.

I'm 35 years old and i dont regret a single time i didnt go for something. I regret a lot of times i went for something and failed.

>does think you can just start something and be good at it
>doesnt realize talent only exists in his head and you only improve if you invest time
You are construction-worker aren't you?

You're not old enough

So are you?

Which wont happen in this life.

For the past 3-4 months I have been acting like a little beta.

Any woman worth dating is already taken, why bet your money on a horse you know is going to lose. To put it simply, it's over.

You think asking a woman out = rape?
Found the feminist.

No i think you are a criminal negroe for advising people to live like dogs. Please learn to read.

You can't always have what you want. That's life, get used to it.

Trips of truth

Regretting not making a move is much worse than getting rejected. If you get rejected you don't lose anything. There was never a possibility for something there. If you regret something you can't timetravel and make it different. Its not hard just fucking USE UR BRAIN FUCKWAD

I wish someone told me before it happened

I can't get if that is sarcasm or not

There was a 50 year old guy posting these pics of his child sized doll that he made sound like he didn't fuck. That guy swam through an internet river of cancerous shit and for what? Just for his and others entertainment of his weird hobby. In life it's always better to be able to just not give a shit and do you.

That's a really pretty poem

Nice dubs there. It is a very good poem. But I hope people don't use it as an excuse to not fall in love. I hope everyone has that experience. At least once in their life

You're right user. But overall as an experience, it adds a lot of meaning and depth to my life that I wouldn't trade. All that pain, anguish, hurt, they shaped me to become a more sensitive and a better person in life. I've also started to realize the importance of the little things and I hope to never lose that foresight I have.

But you're right. The pain is unreal. Some people can't take it but most people go through it and find that they are capable of going through much worse than that

Rejection hurts less the more you experience it.
Once rejection stops being scary, getting a partner is a lot easier.

true

You're one of those, huh? Hell, even if you were somehow immortal, I'm certain you won't even think about trying anything new. Is time that much important to you? "Waste" a few minutes learning something new would kill you huh?

>does think you can just start something and be good at it
No, you don't straight away become good at it, dipshit. That's why "practice makes perfect", keep learning and looking back at your mistakes till you're good at it
>doesnt realize talent only exists in his head and you only improve if you invest time
Fucking hell, talents my arse. No one's telling you to be as artistic as Van Gogh or smart as Einstein, when you've reach a competence level you yourself are comfortable with, then that's that. If you feel like improving, go for it. But to not even try and keep on assuring yourself you'll never be good at it, then that's idiotic and a fucking toxic train of thought.

>The pain is unreal.

It literally IS unreal. Choose to feel anything you please-- or nothing at all. This is totally up to you. Once you realize that, you stop letting other people and circumstances control your emotions.

youtube.com/watch?v=6zDi5w8R4-Y&t= ;)

I get what you're saying user but you can't live in denial. If there is pain and you choose to hide it, ignore it, it just becomes this darkness that'll linger in the back of your mind and you'll hate yourself for it. You should choose to face the emotion and learn from it. But yeah, detachment does take a lot of the pain off you but I think it can become dehumanizing almost after a while where you can feel literally nothing. It's one step short of being in depression

the only real answer

I can't believe people even bother going this far out of their way to get laid/acquire relationships, what's the fucking point?

Well one could argue that accepting rejection as a condition of living is a way to be emotionally honest with yourself.
Just because you don't let your thoughts or emotions take your for a ride, doesn't mean you're rejecting them, just that you are deciding how to react to these things.

>be my friend
> be 43
> an be me also 43
> talking about things we used to do an shit
> talking about girls back in the good old days
> he says remember Jenny user
> I say yer
> he says His only regret in life was not being brave enough to ask her out
> he says she grew up , got a great job an turned into a hot woman
> he said she never settled down or got married > he said he would like to of been her guy
> I say you know she was a slut right
> he said he didn't
> I tell him I just used to,ask her to come over an she did
> she just liked fucking
> her motto in life was "fuck everyone , you don't know when you'll get the best you ever had ."
> this hurt my friend
>he wished he tried ,
Lesson is you don't always fail when you try but you'll never succeed unless you do try I suppose

>Rejection really, really hurts.
If you're a bitch.

It's not so rational always, is it? You find someone and irrespective of how detached you are, you will attach importance and meaning to their opinions and when they reject you, it will hurt. Even if you choose to believe it doesn't hurt, there will be this sinking pain in the left of your chest

Absolutely. Emotions are simply artifacts of the way we process information... created in the mind. "Emotionally honest" is kind of an oxymoron.

Well that is where I compare different sorts of pain.
Will it hurt me more to not let the person know I'm attracted to them or will getting rejected be worse?
Usually I tend to think it hurts more to have unspoken unrequited feelings for someone, than making my feelings known and finding out if it is reciprocated or not.
If not, I can stop investing so much emotion into that person, mourn the loss of a potential relationship and move on.
Being an orbiter who doesn't know where he stands feels worse than being rejected in my opinion.

Well you know what I mean when I say it user.
It's basically taking responsibility for your thoughts and emotions and dealing with them in a manner that doesn't fuck you over.

I agree with everything you said. I'm quite the same too

Also to add a bit more, I'm not detached willingly or subconsciously. But I have been through a nervous breakdown, that forced me to become more pragmatic about my emotions, because otherwise they'd spin out of control and induce massive anxiety attacks in me.
So I have to be open and straightforward about my emotions, because that is what is enabling me to live a normal life.

I totally agree. Seems simple as a grownup, but it's something we all have to learn.

regret of rejection hurts a lot in the short term but fades quickly with time...

regret of never having asked lasts a lifetime and slowly builds every day...

unless / until you find another piece or arse to distract you for a while...

Well it wasn't simple for me to get there, but once I got it, everything became simpler.

We gotta do what we gotta do user. I wish you nothing but the best

Thanks and likewise, I feel much better off after falling down and getting back up again. The guy I was before this was miserable.

You're quite the brave person user. You've made strides that you can recognize. I'm proud of you

Hah, part of me have a hard time accepting that you think that of me, but I'm gonna try to take this at face value and just say thanks I guess.