Its obscure for a reason you know

>mfw most kids on this board haven't grown out of their embarrassing "listening to obscure music is patrician, not completely autistic" phase

I thought we dropped this hipster shit in the 2000s? Why are you all still doing it? When will spergs learn you look fucking ridiculous and not cool at all? By all means, feel free to be a walking stereotype.

Other urls found in this thread:

yellowjelly.github.io/obscurity.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>reddit spacing

Inorite

FUCK YEAH FOO FIGHTERS & BIEBER

go away montie

fresh of the boat from reddit are we, m'based fa/tv/irgin?

Just because you don't know it doesn't mean it's not good you dumb faggot. Most hardcore music fans try to dig deep to find shit they enjoy. And how are bands supposed to make it big if people aren't looking for underground shit? Dumb kike.

Listening to Foo Fighters is more understandable than listening to a cassette rip of a long abandoned japanoise black metal group no one in their right mind would care about

> that's right, goy! If you don't listen to contrived, manufactured, mass-appeal top 40, you're an autistic hipster!
- t. big label shill

>74408149

I bet you don't own a single white label you basic-ass rockist.

obscure isnt always better, but you should also realize that fame is not synonymous with artistic talent. there is good famous shit and there is good obscure shit. now please go and take your hot opinions elsewere

most of the shit people here think is obscure is like common at any record store

>tfw its actually exactly the opposite and everyone just listens to the same 100 "patrician" albums and talks about the same 5 artists over and over
>tfw we will never go back to pre-patrician times where people would pull stupidly obscure albums and artists from nooks and crannies just for the indeh cred
>tfw we were all better for the pre-patrician times even though most of the music we were listening to sucked balls

>Board where people only talk about the same 100 albums hate when people like music that isn't one of those 100 albums

Sounds about right

hivemind

Anyone else just hate Koreans? Hard to believe anyone could call these entities "humans"...they're purely soulless automatons programmed with evil intentions, you can see it whenever you gaze into their eyes.

user reddit spacing isn't actually a thing

woah your meat is huge

Leave this meme on whatever shithole you came from.

Listening exclusively to famous and popular music shows how much of a superficial interest you have in music compared to someone with a genuine interest who will search for music rather than just listening to what is given to you because your interest isn't deep enough for you to actively want to know more

that's not true at all. what if I like what I hear? what if I already like that kind of stuff and want more? stuff is obscure because people only go with what is popular and then follow only whta those bands put it out. It's half luck and half media input. You would know this if you spent anytime reading books about genres or music movements. New music comes out every single day, theres great stuff besides fucking Sup Forumscore

montie your not fooling anyone

>acting superior over what music you listen to
So how's tenth grade?

What if I like obscure music because I like it?

Obscurefags BTFO

pretty sure there referring to OP but I forget how rampant autism is on here

That was directed at OP my dude.

montie BTFO

No user, that's simply not possible. If it's popular and you like it, you only like it because it's popular. If it's obscure and you like it, you only like it because it's obscure. No one genuinely likes any music.

>obscure music is ba-

Jokes on you, 99% of Sup Forums doesn't care about listening to obscure music anymore and now everybody wonders why all the music threads are shit.

Says you, you fucking sporkcore turd
>my favourite album is trout mask replica

>listening to obscure music means you can't listen to popular stuff
Fuck off retard.

this is true, it's fucking amazing how little time and effort people put into looking for music. theres thousands and thousand of albums.

I don't mind it too much because I know at the end of the day I have a social life.

It just makes it hard to discuss music becuase whenever you mention anything remotely popular you get 50 virgins in your thread mad that you're not talking about post-synthwave-field-funk recordings.

That and the racist undertones when discussing hip hop get tired.

I would go to other places for music discussion but here there isn't really a community musical cannon so the opinions here and less skewed that and the anonymity

It's not hard. For every faggot that says all hip hop is about bitches, drugs, guns and violence I could find a dozen albums to show them otherwise.

>hip hop
You are part of the problem.

Nah.

montie gtfo

Discounting entire genres is retarded as fuck.

That's half the problem with a lot of people who use this board.

exactly. but Sup Forumscore did kill this board

Yeah, because we really need 20 hip hop threads at all times here on Sup Forums (and all of them are post 2000 stuff).
Meanwhile, 99% of Sup Forums completely discounts "electronic" (that's not IDM, or Ambient), Classical, Traditional Folk, Jazz (other than Davis, Mingus, Coltrane), and "experimental (free improvisation, audio manipulation, noise, etc).

>cassette rip of a long abandoned japanoise black metal group
that actually sounds like it would be cool

This but applied to every sphere of life

im sorry man but Sup Forums is fucking retarded, they don't really like music, they are part of some retarded teen scene or another

>
You can't say this if your favourite current artist isn't Justin Bieber or Ed sheeran.

You're a complete double-standard hypocrite unless your top 10 artists of all time aren't all the best selling most popular artists ever with the most radio play.

19/20 of those are "rap isn't real music" shirty troll threads. Every fucking time I try to make a good proper hip hop thread it fails and I'm the only poster.

it's really fucking sad but true. but were is there on the internet to go for actual music discussion?

I mean Hip Hop is the most popular genre so it makes sense.

If this was Sup Forums in 2004 you'd be complaining about 20 rock threads

There is musikchan, it could be turned into a real core group like early, early Sup Forums of people actually interested but no one will commit.

Only in America and since fucking when can you only talk about whats popular? This a general music board, not the Billboard forums.

nowhere, you make friends irl

this place is a trend newsettler

Obviously. But America is most of this board. And I'm saying there's a correlation, I'm not saying you can only talk about what's popular I'm saying it makes sense it's the most talked about

Most of those threads are actually about shitty meme rappers with colorful hair.

>this place is a trend newsettler

Best tagline I've seen for this board in ages.

If you went to the Sup Forums catalog right now and hid all the

waifuspam
meme shit
repeated threads
bad trolls / pol shit
same artists/albums posted daily

There would only be about 20 left at most

all music is bad at the moment because everyone is an anal retentive piece of shit who spends all day on social media now and it shows in the music

well that's why poeple start looking for more " obscure" music. You can only listen to radiohead and modest mouse for so long

This bait is amazing.
I'm not even mad despite taking this personally.

man just took a look, theres still threads form 2016 like when PW came out! looks like it could have potential

Not him but I don't even search out ''obscure'' music personally, I listen to and explore music I like and similar and stuff I'm interested in, it just so happens to be obscure for Sup Forums because I kinda agree with Montie that searching out obscure for the sake of obscure is dumb.

It was started as a spin-off by Sup Forumstants years ago with the same disdain for here but no one ever posts, suprised the owner still hosts it desu

also, no captcha

i don't even look for obscure music anymore

because I end up finding something really good and finding out the artist works construction to financially support themselves because it doesn't have adele fake sentimental vocals in it so it doesnt appeal to the types of people who can't figure out utorrent

Tormenting is one of the most easiest things I've ever had to learn. A child could learn. It makes me furious that people just don't want to learn.

Torrenting*

I mean obscure by Sup Forums standards

I prefer SLSK desu

If /classical/, /jazz/, /noise/ and (some of) /bleep/ all moved to Musikchan I'd never come here again.

This is the problem with Sup Forums, retarded faggots come along and decide to start picking sides.
>Its obscure for a reason you know
yeah, its obscure because it often strays from normal, basic rules of music theory. can't we all just agree to listen to both obscure and popular music equally instead of being a whiny little bitch?

fucking this holy shit

Sure, link me some threads about music not posted here every day to see this balance.

I barely see /jazz/ here anymore and this guy who hates Mingus spam every jazz thread but yeah pretty much. I can manage without daily fantano threads, memes and waifu posters.

what counts as "obscure"?
Is my taste obscure?

no radiohead or talking heads, to obscure m8 I don't recognize any p4k core

I try to get some shit going there but can't too much because the mod got made I took over the front page.

Would love to go a board which had threads about music never posted here like glitch or chamber music or regional/trad or funk or cool jazz, shit anything other than rock, rap or pop really.

What am I looking at here

Looks like a list of good artists who are "obscure" per last.fm

Obscurity =/= quality

Popular =/= quality

Certainly autistic

How dare someone enjoy music

Sup Forumscore =/= quality

Slsk is so fucking slow.

>he thinks you have to like something from every genre

If you don't just listen to entry level stuff, than yeah, you should.

Sadly, this is the best place there is, and trust me I have visited dozens of different music forums already.

>19/20 of those are "rap isn't real music" shirty troll threads
>Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West, that one bee album artist, etc
Nah, I don't think so.

>If this was Sup Forums in 2004 you'd be complaining about 20 rock threads
Correct, and to this day there are still more than 20 rock threads.

>searching out obscure for the sake of obscure is dumb
It's not. That's what pushes musical exploration forwards.

The thing is that if those went to musikchan we would probably end up all worse than ever.

Obscure = less than 10'000 last.fm listeners? Some might say less than 1'000 though.
>Is my taste obscure?
yellowjelly.github.io/obscurity.html
Post results, if you get more than 90%, maybe 80%, yeah.

Did I ever say otherwise? No, so shut up.

Who cares? Can't wait more than an hour (as an extremely bad scenario) to download an album?

So much this.

Not really.

>>searching out obscure for the sake of obscure is dumb
>It's not. That's what pushes musical exploration forwards.
this so much

This all the way, a lot if Sup Forumscore sucks.

Yes really.

No, people can enjoy music as they please and it doesn't make a difference when someone disses your favorite shit and you start sobbing about it.

There is nothing "reddit spacing" about this.

don't you have a radiohead album to listen to while your cry about no gf

Is it ok if I discount proto-folk-synth-core?

>projecting this hard
Such an upset little bitch boy you are.

>projecting
I'm pretty sure he did the exact opposite.

That would be internalizing, which he wasn't. Only faggots project, and the signature mark of a faggot is liking radiohead.