Is modern music trash or am i getting too old to at 24?

is modern music trash or am i getting too old to at 24?

>4 year college music training, with degree, cant help but feel like i'm missing something

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=r3ghsO5Avcs&layout=tablet&client=mv-google&skipcontrinter=1
youtube.com/watch?v=2FYtJ7Bfo18
youtu.be/R9TzPe3g16Y
youtube.com/watch?v=N2qI_l_mkO8
youtube.com/watch?v=3YxaaGgTQYM
youtube.com/watch?v=BJ0xBCwkg3E
youtube.com/watch?v=KzBtNE_zPLI
youtube.com/watch?v=hjGMzTCTCvs
youtu.be/xe_53ks0SeM
youtube.com/watch?v=oVME_l4IwII&ab_channel=Thoughty2
youtu.be/_xchaB_JcAY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>do subjective things vary in quality in my opinion.

You're an idiot.

> degree in music training
KEK.

You are, you're casting a broad blanket over a really large amount of music because of some bad examples. If you look hard enough you'll find good modern music.

Music has never been better. Go back to commenting on Pink Floyd videos saying "I was boring in the wrong generation and this is real music"

Music hasn't been shit for a while now.

Entirely subjective. I don't like all songs and i don't enjoy all music from one particular artist. I just listen to whatever sounds good at that particular moment.

Yeah, popular music is garbage.

>OP obviously means hip-hop
>people pretend that rap and hip-hop don't even exist

Sup Forums in a nutshell

Actually I majored in a subset of mathematics, which is why i worded it like that "with degree"

and you'd be surprised at how much physical and mental work those poor souls in the music/theatre programs put in. I would go as far to say as its much more demanding than science majors, since their classes avg 1-2 credits each, they have to stack about 4x the amount of classes as than other majors, AND lug around their gear, and constantly get judged on errors every single day. Those errors are more than forgetting to carry the one, usually their errors are within their physicality or mental fortitude that they ahve to iron out in practice. Some of these people practice every single day for 5-10 hours. Don't even get me started on the "musical theory majors" The meme about music degrees is very exxagerated.

Now that I look at him; he looks like a grown Cartman

yeah the music industry has been a meme since vinyl died

99.9% of the music made after 1999 is SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT

There is an argument to be made that music today is made to be catchy and people are more interested in getting a single that sells as opposed to making something they are proud of. That being said there are still musicians today that really try hard to make good music. At the end of the day it doesn't matter because everyone has different tastes in music. Some people really love jazz and i think that is abosolute trash.

Yes it is, listen to a clasic
m.youtube.com/watch?v=r3ghsO5Avcs&layout=tablet&client=mv-google&skipcontrinter=1

Eaten Back To Life
Butchered At Birth

Your welcome

I always wonder the same thing.

I like a lot of modern artists, even some modern hip-hop/urban/whatever. I'm not one of the listen-to-my-parents-music "born in the wrong generation" fedorafags.

But what I don't get is pop rap. Tyga, Drake, DJ Kahled (wtf does he even do) those guys. It just seems so shitty and fake, I get second hand embarrassment listening to it. The music and the culture both, I just think it's juvenile and dumb.

replying my own post here wot.
at least the genres i am interested in, I can attest that the digital era destroyed everything good about electronic music.

i can appreciate the qualities of other genres and i'm pretty sure right across the board production values just got tossed out the window in y2k

Nobody is disputing that getting a degree in performing arts is difficult. We mock you because it's a useless degree.

>be me
>have massive drug habit
>be working in shitty pie factory
>get high every night and have good laugh with stoner colleagues.
>middle aged line manager bitch hates me because she thinks i'm a heroin addict.
>she complains about having to work in pie factory even though she has degree in music
>mfw i have a degree in computer science and only working there while building a portfolio of software so i can get a real job.

Srsly what fucking jobs do you people actually expect to get?

>inb4 music teacher

kek. Fucking music degrees.

ok bud

Everything's trash retard, capitalism is cancer that gets stronger and stronger by the year

lel the best thing you can do with a music degree is host a parody talk show late nights on adult swim

youtube.com/watch?v=2FYtJ7Bfo18

How do you know he means hiphop / rap? Also there are some modern rappers that are shit, but there's also some that are lyrical/ good, which has always been the case my dude

this. feudalism is the one, true and only way to live

aliums piano magic communications

Music composition major reporting in. So, we realize that it's all a meme really. In my experience none of my fellow students had any unrealistic expectations about our odds of success.

As for me, it looks like I'm in the same boat as you in many ways. Working a menial job to bolster a portfolio in the mean time. Performing arts are easy to mock, but hard work pays off for anyone.

Calm down biebs. Only 10 year olds like this shit music that's out now.

1st: Define modern music
2nd: Listen to fucking Haken, or even Steven Wilsons album To The Bone. Modern, pop, masterpiece.

>music
>subjective

you'll only feel this way until 28 user, then you're gonna feel young&old at the same time. Enjoy.

>getting a degree to get a job

kek, fucking millenials, keep thinking your "superior degree" is useful, slave

You're the faggot that goes to old artists and writes in the comments " how does this song have x amount of views when Bieber has over a billion? What is wrong with humanity"

pretty much this.

almost all of all music genres from all years is trash.

even in the best years of the genres i like the most music from, i can only even stand to listen to maybe 2% of songs.

there's less than 200 songs i really like that i've found in my whole life

youtu.be/R9TzPe3g16Y

>mfw I was boring

youtube.com/watch?v=N2qI_l_mkO8

the degree's only as good as the job you apply it to
thinks this is good musick

>modern music
which modern music? also what do you mean by trash? i think you're just upset because the subject matter that songs focus on nowadays isn't as relateable to you as it used to be because the music industry used to be dominated by white men

I'm with you bro. None of these people know what an overtone is, how waves function, or what to listen for when criticizing music, whether the 7th resolves downward, having smooth voice leading, or overly repeating hooks. I think these ear-lets would listen to vi ii V i's all day before they realize its al the same trash lol

youtube.com/watch?v=3YxaaGgTQYM

youtube.com/watch?v=BJ0xBCwkg3E

most but not all

YEAH THAT THUMPATTY THUMP BASS SO DOPE SOUNDS LIKE DAT GOOD BASS EVERYBODY EVERYWHERE DICKS

*1459 thumbs up*

garbage

on point.

wow even foreign people make the same shitty rap music videos? ive seen this same video 50 times from 50 different artists

low level

you know i'm right cunts

>jazz
Jazz is music aimed at musicians. People who arent trained in music theory simply do not hear the same way musicians do. They don't know what an Altered dominant is, or a Chromatic Mediant, or the difference between Tonicization v Modulation.

i cant stand DAT THUMPATHUMP

there's lots of good music hidden in every generation, it's just usually buried deep. but, yeah, the currently trending songs for the past few years have been shit

modern music is trash

name one (1) album that can stand on the same level as And Justice For All. You can't.

youtube.com/watch?v=KzBtNE_zPLI

What the hell are you just fucking about me, some bitch? I want you to know that I graduated from my class class at Marine Seals, and I participated in numerous secret raids on Al-Qaeda, and I have more than 300 confirmed murders. I train in the Gorillian war, and I'm the chief sniper in all the US armed forces. You for me are nothing but one more goal. I'll destroy you, damn it, with accuracy that you've never seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. Do you think you can get away from saying this shit to me via the Internet? Think again, you bastard. When we talk, I turn to my secret network of spies across the US, and your IP address is tracked right now, so you'd better prepare for a storm, a larva. A storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing that you call your life. You're fucking dead, baby. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in more than seven hundred ways, and it's just with my bare hands. I not only train intensively in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire US Marine Corps arsenal, and I will use it to the fullest extent to wipe my miserable ass from the face of the continent, your little shit. If you knew that wicked retribution, your little "smart" comment should have knocked you off your feet, perhaps you would have kept your fucking tongue. But you could not, you did not, and now you pay for the price, you damn idiot. I will shit you, and you will drown in it. You're damn dead, kido.

Pay respects to walter becker a real artist.

WHO THE FUCK SELLS ALBUMS AT ALL ANYMORE? nigga you buy one song

I turned 23 today and I'm telling you a lot of modern hip hop does suck.

dj khaled is the greatest musical genius of our time

Listen to different music.

>subjective
>wave forms and music theory is backed up by hard science of consonance and dissonance since pythagoras' time

t. earlet

>Pay respects to walter becker a real artist.

RIP

modern electronic music is garbage youtube.com/watch?v=KzBtNE_zPLI

DJ kahled is a fucking autist. Have you seen the man speak? shit muisc from a Palestinian goat fucker who blows hundreds of thousands of collars on collecting sneekers and wouldn't know a guitar if you shoved it up his ass.

>wipe my miserable ass
>I will shit you

dj'ing has been a meme since y2k youtube.com/watch?v=hjGMzTCTCvs

it is trash, dont you know that the music industry is a giant jew circle jerk.
if you dont push the globalist narrative you wont get the exposure to be famous and stand out.
it is no longer about the art, they "artist" are bound and basically just products to be branded
youtu.be/xe_53ks0SeM

this

Man this is a good version, I'm gonna save

Not too old just too lazy, good shit out there if you look, fuck the charts though

>24

There is a lot of good music out there. Mainstream music usually sucks.

>pull up on your block im banging wit that nina
>i feel like john cena all my diamonds aquafina
>223s call me lil rat i need that cheese
>my bitch got double ds damn im movin hella ps
the globalist agenda in it's purest form

I hear this all the time
"look harder"

Fucking where?? youtube and google are full of jews pushing trash, and limewire is dead. All i have is classical, jazz and my video game OSTs

fuck (((they))) deleted the vid, i dont think i graped it and saved it.

this is a big issue, these days all knowledge is digitalized, this is keeping us ignorant and allows (((them))) to simply delete all knowledge by the press of a button reseting the western progression of knowledge.

>because i don't understand it clearly it must mean absolutely nothing
fucking rednecks

Music as well as many other industries has become far more commercialized now.

A lot of artists nower days are just in it for the money and don't care what they make. Like seriously these fuckers call themselves "artists" but most of the biggest names have a full team of writers to write all their music.

Mainstream music has fallen into a very safe formula of music that sound very satisfying to listen to but by doing this it all just melds together. Mainstream music attempts to be objectively good but by doing can make it very boring.

Bands and (real) artists from a while ago always tried new things since there wasn't a perfect combination at the time. Which led to a lot of terrible music that got brushed under the rug and no one talks about any more but also some of the best music of all times in some genres, risk is a defining factor in making music interesting and good.

Hip hop is a genre that I enjoy but I can notice its flaws because while I can commend that it can densely incorporate messages they use it for talking about mundane shit like spending money and fucking bitches. The standard for music had already been set when hip hop was on the rise which has led to a lot of boring rap and hip hop.

Now its difficult to find musicians who are different from all the rest because they have been brought up on good music having a formula.

Commercially enforced nigger culture passed it's sell by date at the beginning of the noughties. All cultural institutions ran out of ideas a long time ago.

most of it really is shit

it's even scientifically proven
youtube.com/watch?v=oVME_l4IwII&ab_channel=Thoughty2

censorship of the internet is a real thing that really happens because whats out of sight is out of mind

redneck is a term for white slaves
>jew found

youtu.be/_xchaB_JcAY
this is not the vid, but its close.
there were 2 indian udes from bollywood in it.
the dude changed his name in to lepu goldstein or something and actually managed to get his movie produced.
despite it being rejected numerous of times with his true name

And?

>Loves Bieber

Pop and rap are pretty much pure garbage at this point. Terrible production. Takes 16 people to make a track thats just some shit beat with a catchy hook while some dipshit sings or raps some meaningless, or pretentious bullshit over top.

Well first we see that she is on beach in Eastern Europe or Germany. So likely I wearing a Adidas track suite and drive a broken car with cracked windscreen but with camera in it. I also noticing she has a very large vagina. So I removing track suite and explain her to have sexy time on me. She likely will agree to this as she have big sex parts. Three weeks later she is announcing to me she having a baby to which I not very happy. Thus begins the end of my life for the next 30 years or until I can escape my country and live on the streets of Paris selling trinkets by day and rolling gay male customers by night for their wallet and then eventually save enough to go to United States to open car wash in Astoria Queens with my cousin Stoch. But she find me and come to United States with baby. So now what I do?

Just ask him

Ignore everyone. It's just a generational thing.

Source: I'm normal

dont be discouraged by the mediocrity of the goyim...do what you have passion for and let the dumb masses be the dumb masses

>Ignore everyone
yeah, just be a beast of the land and be a good goy who takes no attention to all the shit that is piling up.

The Book of Souls

You're just a lazy faggot incapable of looking up good music and not just conforming to radio shit.

so many people spout this meme, like 4 in the thread already

yet they never give up the good locations, or even tips on how to find good music.

they just define good music as any music that's not mainstream. feeds the edginess.

>Others won't chew my food for me so that means food sucks

I don't know, nor does anyone else, know your own personal taste, nigger. Look up interviews of musicians you already like and check out their influences. Look up if they were in other groups/projects before their well known bands. Look up top lists of album in the genre. Look up forums dedicated to the genre. Rate your music, last.fm. There's literally hundreds of ways, so yes, it's only laziness.

It's complete garbage

>not conforming to mainstream music exclusively is for hipsters lmao xD

No. It's only logical that with the consuming nature of the music industry and its market, there will be many quality music that is left out. This applies to both current and older music.

>4 year college music training
there's your problem

It's always been trash. Only nostalgiafags will tell you otherwise.

Difference is, you have the internet now, which means that:
1. there is a ton of different musical genres and you can't find the things that interest you by joining a specific subculture. Also, there is a ton of artists, good and mostly bad, in every possible genre.
2. plebs share global shitty taste in music and it spreads super-fast.

TL;DR: You need to do your own research or you are stuck with le bad "modern" music.