I've been extremely busy the last few years and lost my way with music a bit...

I've been extremely busy the last few years and lost my way with music a bit. I just started reading Pitchfork again to find some decent new albums but I noticed a trend of them giving "Best New Album" awards almost exclusively to black rappers. Is that genre seriously the only good music left or is Pitchfork not a reliable source of info anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ferZnZ0_rSM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's just that Pitchfork is not a reliable source of info anymore.

where's a better place to find accurate reviews? I'm mostly into folk, pop-folk, and technopop.

>but I noticed a trend of them giving "Best New Album" awards almost exclusively to black rappers.
this isn't true retard

fuck off to Sup Forums

Pitchfork has had a questionable reputation since the mid 00s sorry to break it to you.

Anyone who solely relied on just one publication is dumb anyway

My guess is that pitchfork now is more oriented to review rap than any other genre, so you should look them if you are into this
Otherwise change site

WOW 3 RAP ALBUMS AND REST IS INDIE SHIT
OMG BLACK PPL T00K OVER

Yep. Pitchfork pushed bland indie rock garbage last decade because that's what got it readers and status. Now they push bland hip-hop garbage because it keeps them relevant to mainstream music culture and still appear as a tastemaker.
Any big publication is necessarily motivated primarily by profits.

WOW GUYS ONE HIP HOP ALBUM DAMN BLACK PPL REALLY T00K OVER
I GUESS IM GOING TO IGNROE THE REST OF THE INDIE SHIT

reviews for music are kinda archaic. besides pirating, nowadays it's so easy to find long/full previews of albums. if you don't care enough to find that then you probably shouldn't listen to the album

wow ANOTHER 3 ALBUMS AND THE REST IS INDIE SHIT
DAMN U BLACK PPL FOR BEING THE MINORITY AGAIN

he's doing it again

>bland indie rock

that's kind of what I'm into unfortunately

also, I never said that this was a bad thing, just that pitchfork obviously doesn't emphasize the type of music I like anymore... you are projecting way too much

WOW MAN THEY GAVE 2 BLACK RAPPERS BNM AND THE OTHER 8 IS INDIE SHIT
DAMN IT MUST BE A CONSPIRACY

>almost exclusively to black rappers

5 rap albums out of 24 is "almost exclusively"?

it's a pretty poor number for the biggest genre in america

UNBELIEVEABLE P4K GAVE ONLY ONE BLACK RAPPER A BNM
WTF IS WRONG WITH THEM
MUH WHITE RACE IS BEING DESTROYED

holy shit this redditor got triggered hard top lel

NOW ITS 0 WTF P4K I THOUGHT U ONLY GAVE BNM TO BLAC RAPPERS

is this what getting triggered looks like?

to be honest I didn't look at that list, I was just scrolling through all of the reviews until about mid-June and saw 4 out of the last 5 were rap albums

>3 albums
>actually 6
what did you mean by this?

no im just fact checking the bs you sprouted in the op. talk shit get rekt
its still majority shitty ass indie music that they praise.

solange is a black rapper?
nvm racist like yourself think every black person is a rapper i bet.

ok 5 then. Still 2 more than 3

>i didnt actually check i just scrolled for 3 seconds and immediately started talking out of my ass

seems about right

i fucking hate this stuck up and pretentious way of thinking
"you don't deserve music unless you work hard to find it"
being elitist about the way you search for music won't fix your inferiority complex

sampha is r&b
paak is r&b also.

>paak
>r&b
>implying

Really if you know you have specific genre tastes, just filter the RYM charts by genre. Of course you're still getting results from a specific demographic but I can't think of anything better.
I can't even blame that guy for getting mad, people push the cuckfork narrative so hard here so it's probably pretty frustrating to see that all the time if you have obvious evidence to the contrary.

There's 6 albums made by black people in your screenshot, senpai.

hip-hop is extremely popular right now, I felt like last year we had a much more diverse set of high-quality releases.

where's the rapping
youtube.com/watch?v=ferZnZ0_rSM

The thread is specifically about black rappers

Pitchfork is FULL black worship you fucking Redditcancer

Yes, OP, P4K inflates black scores to an embarrassing degree, to the point they are a complete joke now and I disregard any black artist they write about

Resident advisor

>get your argument completely BTFO multiple times
>"y-you're just le triggered!!"

kill yourself