Why were people against him? All he did was rid the world of evil

Why were people against him? All he did was rid the world of evil

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/profile/Pewdie
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Eh, murder is still murder.

If he had a "punch-in-the-face-book" that would be a bit easier.

He was a tyrant. Yeah, it's good that crime was going down but that system could easily be exploited. Imagine if someone paid for you to go to jail just to get you out of their way.

Flawed system, though personally I think L was against him because he was bored and wanted to have fun.

The reason why I like this manga is because it was made by the same people that made Ral Grado. That's one of my favorite mangas ever created. Top five in no order are...

Ral Ω Grad
Ichigo 100%
Kimi no Iru Machi
666 Satan
Pastel

This
Without careful study of each case its way too much power for one guy to hold

I'm glad to see someone else likes 666 Satan

It was an underrated manga too bad it was never an anime.

Surprised you don't like Platinum End

666 Satan had the best character progression next to Pastel.

I think it's one of the few series that could actually benefit from some filler. Everything was great, but it felt so rushed. I would've at least liked to see a little more time where the kids are staying with that archaeologist couple, so it felt more earned when Jio called them mom and dad.

>platinum end
never heard of it, but now that you say that it reminds me of my favorite manga of all time Happy World!

Similar premise if you haven't heard of this one. But fucking 11/10. The art style gradually gets better and the story was one big story. No filler shit. Lasted a while

Because L is way more cool, and he turned into a heartless evil bitch lefting the justice spirit away

Idk when I read it I was pretty young and my attention span was pretty short. So I appreciated the pacing.

Kira turned into what was necessary for keeping his dream alive. In my opinion it ended when L died.

That makes sense. I didn't really have any issues with it until I read it again more recently, but a lot of things feel sudden. Like right after the timeskip, we see the group talking about how they've spent four years searching for Jio, then they immediately find him. Even a short arc of them looking for him would go a long way.

If it was published in Jump! then you have to understand. Editors probably didn't want it to drag or something. If it was a book I'm sure there would have been a buffer. What other manga did you read?

I really wish I found one other person that read Happy World!...

there was the potential for him to stop being a good person and abuse his power

Really? It was written and drawn by the same people who wrote Death Note and Bakuman.

Because he was killing off people that didn't necessarily deserve it. Evil is entirely objective, he was trying to play God.

It was probably published after the time I was really into manga. I only read a handful nowadays. I'm old and less open to bullshit writing.

Hitler did what was necessary to keep his dream alive, Stalin too. Dont you get it? He lose his way man, was doing stupid shit all the time

I've read Blazer Drive by the same guy, as well as a lot of the really popular series.

Naruto (obviously), which is actually really interesting to compare to 666 Satan. The authors are twin brothers, and you can really feel the similarities. At the same time though, they seem to have opposite issues with pacing.

I've also read stuff like Death Note, FMA, Dragon Ball, most of One Piece. More recently I've been getting into more seinen stuff like Battle Royale and Gantz.

Stalin and Hitler didn't have to do it by themselves though. They had a lot of support. So I blame them less than I do humanity. Kira on the other hand was basically alone, sure he had a few lackey's but that was about it.

Kira had to deal with negative backlash from the beginning and the stress and strain that the Death Note brings. Yes, it gradually turned him evil but he'd past the point of no return a long time ago.

You dislike Kira but you probably don't mind Lelouch. I'm just saying isolation and tremendous power with a dream to change the world can change you.

Blazer Drive was kind of good. I wanted it to be better than it actually was though. Yeah, I know about them being brothers.

I read the entirety of FMA and I thought it was pretty good. Maybe not one of the greatest of all time. It just didn't fit right for me.

DBZ and One Piece are great. Gantz was fantastic but fuck that ending. Battle Royale was a little slow for me. But Liar Game is a good alternative to Battle Royale. Not as much action but a lot of outsmarting.

I can see that with BR. As much as I like that they took the time to show every death and give every character a distinct personality, it really slows things down.

Agreed, once L had died and Kira had won, the show was over. I didn't give a shit what happened afterwards, with the various L replacements.

L's death never sat well with me though. It was all bullshit. He only beat L because he fucking cheated with god damned magic.

Because in the end they all deserve fair and equal treatment and they have rights.

Yes they were criminals but that doesn't mean they should all die. They are all given the right to a trial etc.

Not to mention by killing the evil he became evil itself

I thought it was pretty cool that he outstmarted a literal shinigami to kill L. I do however wish that it was L instead of Near that ended up killing Kira.

I do wish that after Kira killed him he lost his motivation and just sort of ended it or something. Something to make the manga end. Even if it was "Then Kira ruled the world and brought order"

I dunno, outsmarting the Shinigami didn't even seem that hard. They aren't especially bright, or give much of a shit. I felt like in the spirit of the show, L should have had some sort of crazy master plan set up in case he died. If the last half of the show was "Phantom L" and his crazy plan to unmask Kira, I would have watched the shit out of that.

Yeah, I thought about Phantom L too. But I think that would have been unsatisfying. I would like it if L had won though however. Don't get me wrong.

I think that's how the older movies did it. L knew he was going to die, so he wrote that he would die in 39 days before Light could make it happen sooner.

Then they had a third movie where he solves another case in those 39 days.

People were against him because he rid the world of the people he considered evil, but he was still a fallible human with no objective sense of "evil". He killed criminals all over the world, but different countries have different laws. Did he apply Japan's laws to everyone, or just kill whoever was convicted of a crime?

There are rape victims in the middle east who are considered criminals, despite their rapists going free. Who would he kill in a situation like that?

Laws aren't perfect, which is why they're constantly changing. Not everyone who breaks the law can be considered evil, so not all criminals deserve to die.

He didn't give a shit about what the Japanese or any government authority for that matter said was right, all of his convictions were based on his own personal sense of justice. If anything he despised the Japanese legal system for allowing so many criminals to walk free

cause L is the best anime character in history and he killed him

If he really wanted to get rid of evil he wouldn't have wasted his time murdering low life criminals. AFAIK he never murdered a single politician or banker.

he is pewdiepie's favourite anime character
myanimelist.net/profile/Pewdie

i agree with this man

So he just killed people based on his own skewed views and beliefs. What makes him any better than other people who kill for their beliefs?

A dictatorship always either dies a hero or lives long enough to see itself become the villain. Given Light's being proud enough to be baited out by L, I don't trust him to maintain a stable leadership role for decades on end.

Because Light's approach to dealing with the world's evil is the comparable to murdering all but one race such that one cld no longer be racist