Best album of the 70's

best album of the 70's

You appear to have clicked the wrong image. A simple mistake

*Blocks Your Path*

>Inb4 contrarian Sup Forums opinion that "The Wall" is bad and "dad rock".

*Blocks your path*

I thought the only lonely place was on the moon.

lmao

IT'S NOT THE SIDE EFFECTS OF THE COCAINE

That technically came out in the 80's, tardfarm. Speaking of farms, Animals and DSOTM are still totally viable, though.

The Wall is an overblown piece of pretentious shit and you don't have to be a contrarian to see that. It's not even Pink Floyd's best album from that decade.

everything iggy pop touched back then turned to gold but this is my favourite

I remember being 16 and the Wall blowing my mind. I feel much differently about it now, although I concede there are several very good songs amidst the clutter. Pic related is my nomination. I have listened to this album easily 1000+ times and it doesn't get old.

Rocket to Russia

not with songs like Neighborhood Threat on it

Raw Power, The Idiot, and Funhouse are all far superior to Lust for Life, and that's just Iggy's own work.

>

>1979
>80s

Best ITT (Ram is one slot better though)

80s album. I know it was recorded '79, but the release date was '80. Permanent Waves was the Rush album.

>removes neighborhood threat and fall in love with me

10/10 besides that

I can't believe this album was made by fucking 16 and 17 year olds

*best Rush album

Is it weird that in the UK London Calling is considered one of the greatest albums of the 70's but in the US it's one of the greatest albums of the 80's?

just wait till you turn 18, maybe you'll stop worshiping your step dads record collection

and then they made pretty much nothing else. it's a phenomenon on how they managed to do it.

Maybe one day you'll find a way to get through a song that contains more than 5 chords without getting lost. What's your GOAT 70's album? Eagles Greatest Hits? Rush? Zappa? Name an album better than Aja, I dare you.

And nice step dad joke. I assume that you were around during that time to experience the music when it was fresh- in which case, what the fuck are you doing on this board?

any Wings album > Aja

very true

Oh yeah, here's one that's better than your favorite 70's album. If you can name one non-meme album better than this or aja, I will gladly and humbly concede defeat.

I am definitely a Wings fan, but let's be honest. If you took all of their best material, you would have a 9, maybe 9.5/10 album. There was a lot of filler. And Linda McCartney's contributions are practically Yoko-tier.

18 days off 1980 but it still counts

‘…somebody had taken an old disk of McCartney and Wings -- as in the historical Beatles’ McCartney -- taken and run it through a Kurtzweil remixer and removed every track on the songs except the tracks of poor old Mrs. Linda McCartney singing backup and playing tambourine….Poor old Mrs. Linda McCartney just fucking could not sing, and having her shaky off-key little voice flushed from the cover of the whole slick multitrack corporate sound and pumped up to solo [was] unspeakably depressing -- her voice sounding so lost, trying to hide and bury itself inside the pro backups’ voices; [he] imagined Mrs. Linda McCartney…standing there lost in the sea of her husband’s pro noise, feeling low esteem and whispering off-key, not knowing quite how to shake her tambourine: [the] depressing CD was past cruel, it was somehow sadistic-seeming like drilling a peephole in the wall of a handicapped bathroom.’

god taste

not even their best album of the 70's

sgood one

No one can forget about Zeppelin

the mutants have spoken, 1979 is now the 80s

I'll start

Most overrated Zep album by a long shot. III, Houses, and Physical Graffiti are far superior.