Watching Lord of the Rings for the first time, and only twenty minutes in, I noticed some shit

Watching Lord of the Rings for the first time, and only twenty minutes in, I noticed some shit.

1. How do they have fireworks, but no guns? The fuck.
2. The ring was made and used by a giant, but fits perfectly on a hobbit's finger. Bullshit, eh?

How do people like this shit?

1 - magic
2 - the ring fits to its wearer.

1 old China too
2 magic

Magic? What is chemistry, eh? If they have fireworks, they should have guns.

Again, that makes no fucking sense. The ring shape shifts?

Fireworks and guns both use an exposive powder, but it is much harder to make a gun than a firework.

I doubt that tolkein actually care about that distinction. I expect he did it just because funsies, but coincidentally, there is a good reason a society would have fireworks but not guns.

Fireworks are much simpler to build, and it isn't a huge problem if the firework you build explodes instead of launching on the ground.

It requires advanced metallurgy to create a metal that is strong enough and hard enough and LIGHT enough to use as a gun.

Lie, cannons predate guns. Those didn't have to be light. They could just be heavily reinforced and heavy as a motherfucker.

Making a material that could be thin and light weight enough to make a gun out of was really really hard. We had hand cannoners long before we had something like a rifle.

Dubs confirms garbage

Ok, so why the fuck are there no cannons?

>Implying for hundreds of years China didn't have fireworks until the Europeans used the old fireworks technology to make guns.

faggot you didnt even finish the movie

go be fat somewhere else

I didn't say that having fireworks technology automatically means that you have cannons. I just wanted to illustrate that being able to have guns is not as simple as "we discovered gunpowder".

You are just a worthless fucking fag. Nice Bait.
Now go kill yourself because you're worthless and can't enjoy anything, you probably bitch about a sunny day.

>"If they have fireworks, they should have guns."

This

Gandalf is a fucking fire wizard and Sauron wasn't a giant, he was in the form of a human

The ring clearly changes size. You can see it happening.

Also magic > guns. You don't need guns.

A cannon basically is a gun you dumb ignorant nigger

I didn't say that. That is wrong.

Not a literal giant, you pleb, but way fucking taller/bigger than the men in the first battle scene

retarded american can't conceive life without guns

fucking hilarious

See about the guns. The first documented fireworks were sometime in 7th century China. Cannons, which predates guns, were developed and used around 12th century China.

As for the ring. It is the will of Sauron incarnate. It's not like he put a piece if himself in the ring rather he forged his will into the ring and used it to magnify his power, kinda how you use a telescope to magnify your site. Bottom line, the ring in a way has a will of its own and is constantly looking to reunite itself with its master, Sauron. This is somewhat explained in the movie.

I'm sure this is a bait thread but I like talking about Tolkien works regardless

It's a story with elves, wizards, dwarves and hobbits however its the lack of guns that grinds your gears?

I bet you eat poo.

>basically
Yeah, well, still not a gun, you stupid fucking autist. There's a million differences and only one similar feature: it shoots shit. That's like saying my bottle rocket is a gun.

They have the technological means to have great weapons, but they're slinging swords instead. Kek. Fuck outta here, you beta cucks.

On top of this in the second one(spoilers btw) Saruman has basically his own scene of making bombs and his lackey Grima shows wonder on how fire can undo rock, showing this technology is foreign to the average person in the Tolkein universe.

You keep going on about "they", when it's "he".

They live in a realm where things haven't really changed for thousands of years. You're asking realism from a fantasy story, which is stupid in itself.

100% troll, saged.

They do have the means. And the enemy does use them. Infact its a pretty big plot shift when it happens but guess what. You're going to have to watch the movies to find this out.

C'mon respond to me. I wanna talk Tolkein.

OP is a fag

sage goes in all fields

Enter on the thread to post this

The ring can "walk" on it's own but can't resize.
>1-555-COMEONNOW.png

>How do people like this shit?
no clue. I watched return of the king when it came out. it was ok I guess? peter jackson got rich off it thats all I know.

1. fireworks were BCE red before guns open a history book
2. magic

>watching the third film in a trilogy as a stand-alone

>magic

shut the fuck up, you know that's bullshit. it was never mentioned that ring changes shape, thus a major flaw.

Dwarves have cannons

Hm.. do I want to waste my afternoon defending a fantasy book?

Maybe.

Step 1: Read the mutherfucking books before you watch the mutherfucking movies.

Problem solved. Glad I could help.

The ring is fucking magic, it adjusts itself to fit it's owners finger. You literally see this happen in the film at one point

In the books it mentions the ring adjusts to the wearer but you cant read so youll never find out

There are bombs in the second film

"A Ring of Power looks after itself, Frodo. It may slip off treacherously, but its keeper never abandons it.[...] It was not Gollum, Frodo, but the Ring itself that decided things. The Ring left him."
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Shadow of the Past, p. 73

Actually the answer to both is magic

We dont know how gandalf made those "fireworks", but he is a wizard, and they were pretty magical

20 minutes in and you have issues with it?
Ever heard of keep all questions to the end?
If you ever opened a history book you'd know fireworks kinda did predate guns.
Millennial fuck with the attention span of a retarded fly.
Watch the fucking movie then comment

You are so beyond stupid its fucking sad, you'll always be a fucking loser because of how stupid you are.

Both a gun and cannon use combustion to propel their ammunition, they work the exact same fucking way, so actually a cannon IS a type of gun.

Eat that shit you fucking nigger lover.

Yes it was mentioned. Maybe not in the movie though.

I once wathed with a friend while being high and i asked myself why choose a ring? A small thing easy to lose. I think some kind of chestplate, necklace or belt would be much better.

even worse, all this psudeo-drama crap has something to do with some nigger on opium trying to get laid.

This. It was shown that gunpowder was utilized at very very early stages if you pair it up historically. Both people who used the tech were mages, who are basically demi-gods, not completely all-knowing, Maia, in the world of Tolkein and therefore had far greater knowledge than any other beings in Middle Earth. The second mage basically weaponized gunpowder for the first time on screen. Also you can tell the fireworks are magically sided as we don't have fireworks that turn into literal dragons who can do a loop and clear your head by a foot automatically.

It was removed off of saurons finger after he lost his corporeal form. Otherwise the ring would never willingly or forcibly leave sauron. It was literally a part of his conscious will

And? That doesn't say it changes shape, brainlet.

I know the ring is self concious and shit but if it gets removed what can the ring do about it? Wouldnt it be best to choose a form that can not be taken easily from you?

KEK

Its a tool like a hammer or a sword or a chestplate. Its not animate but it has a will of its own.

irresistibility guarantees a wielder and its ability manipulate people brings it back to sauron. Also ring wraiths

It would have to change size to slip off of a finger you literal retard

Fireworks came before guns in actual history
Its a magic ring
And I'm a moron for responding to this bait

We're going to need a bigger bait.

OP here.
I'm from the UK.

/thread

This post is on the border of being obvious bait, leaning towards bait. It's stupid enough to be bait..and, I don't want to believe anyone is actually this autistic.

Look I'm sorry I can't hand the words "THE RING THAT ONE RING THATS BASICALLY WHAT THE STORY IS ABOUT CAN GET BIG AND SMALL AND SHIT" to you on a silver platter. You have to do some critical thinking but you probably don't know key parts so you get the picture so I'll fill you in on why I've come to this conclusion:

The ring, mkay, it was on Sauron. The fucker was big. Like 9ft fall. That nigger can play on any basketball team he wants. He also got fucked up so hard he can't exist in a physical form. That rind changed hands a few times. Isildir dun went and shanked darkboi hand off so naturally he picked up the ring. It has been established that darkboi put some of his will into that ring. That made it able to do some thinking and shit, but not alot of thinking. Maybe some basic math. The first nigga who had the ring, Mr. Fucking prince guy, he died in a river. That ring had to get from on his person to the bottom of that river. It wouldn't be easy because the ring turns the owner into my ex-wife. Greedy bitch. Anyway the ring had the sentence to do that. It did it by getting big. You can actually see this on the extended addition of the movie, which I totally pirated. The ring then got fished out by smeagol, who the ring messes up and turns into Hillary Clin- err I mean Gollum. Gollum isn't taking the ring anywhere so the ring decided to take itself anywhere, which again decided to move itself to Bilbo, because did I mention it was sentient? Yea it can think for itself. The scene where the ring is all shiny and shit and you hear whispering, yea that's the ring calling out to be taken, because it wants to go back to its master, darkboi. It can want to do this, because it is sentient. Bottom line: Ring are smart. Ring can into own being. Ring can do shit that is basically just judging itself.

When Sauron is kill he basically turned to dust abandoning his ring. There was nothing stopping Isildur from taking the ring.