Tfw you want to like an album, but just can't get into it

>tfw you want to like an album, but just can't get into it

What is her name, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cXU8ByUbrwM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)

>you want to like an album
what does that even mean, you listen to music for being part of a community?
disgusting.

...or maybe there are endearing qualities on the album, but they are simply overshadowed by their bad ones

Dark side of the moon
Everyone says it's so good, and I like the most of the individual tracks

It just doesn't seem as good as everyone says.

OK Computer

I've listened to it probably 10 times now and still can't remember a single track from the second half of the album. I've pretty much given up.

For me it is oneohtrixpointnever

The Pop Group - Y
There are flashes of brilliance in it, but a lot of it just seems completely aimless

>any Tame Impala album

idk why, Tame Impala have a lot of elements I like to hear in music, but something about them is just "off" to me. Maybe it's the vocals.

Nu-swans

i'd like to understand why Spiderland is so acclaimed but i think its awful

Fucking Yeah Yeahs Yeahs and their computer drums in Mosquito

Super Rich Kids is the only track I can get all the way through.

Anything like Stockhausen, Schoenberg, Milton Friedman or any other art music in the classical realm. I can appreciate the complexity, but I just can't get into things that are that amusical.

Grimes - Halfaxa

Tool's Lateralus

Try to listen to Schoenberg's 6 Kleine Klavierstücke. It's probably the most accessible of his 12 tone works.
youtube.com/watch?v=cXU8ByUbrwM

This! I have no problem with This Heat, Mission of Burma and other "challenging" post punk -groups but The Pop Group just sounds like a mess.

its perfectly normal to want to understand what all the fuss is about.

stfu. What if you read the genres the album is beforehand and they're your fav genres? What if it's by your favorite band but it's their shittiest album yet?

A Love Supreme, I love jazz and have listened to about 70 albums in the past month or so, but A Love Supreme is just sadly overrated. Meditations, Ascension, and Ole are better

try aenima first, I think it's a lot better than lateralus

how

Fucking pleb

Blonde on Blonde, Blood on the tracks.
Really any of Dylan's big 70s records.
Haven't really been able to overcome his voice save for a few songs like Hurricane. And going 60+ mins is too much for me to handle

same thing happened to me, just keep listening to the dylan you like and those albums will eventually click.

loads of times, I love tights, you know?

I agree with this, blue train is also excellent.

sounds like shit

>Ascension worse than A Love Supreme

Man, I enjoy them, but boy do I get sick of Kevin constantly singing about how he's getting cucked
Like literally half their songs are about that

Definitely. Sometimes even going down an entirely different route and returning months later you find albums suddenly click and you wonder how you never got it. Happened to me recently with Disintegration and Another Green World.

I just said its better

Try to think about the last days of school before summer vacations, when you were a child. This album feels like that (and all of the Avalanches discography anyway)

Man, that's so weird. What's your favorite from Miles Davis then?
And what do you think of Mingus' Black Saint and Sinner Lady?

starting with Wish You Were Here helped me a lot with Dark Side user

Fucking all of modern pop music and their computer everything.

Emotion is a very likeable album. You don't even have to try to enjoy it. It must be something wrong with you if you still didn't get into it.

Black Saint is honestly my favorite Jazz album (yes I know how divided some people are about that album) I just find it to be so emotional and colorful and well put together, fantastic playing too, especially with the drums.

My favorite Miles record would have to be On The Corner or Get Up With It. I like Porgy and Bess a lot too. Bitches Brew and Kind Of Blue are great as well, but not as great as those three records in my opinion. I will say that I'm not the biggest fan of In A Silent Way, but it certainly is good.

I love the first 2 songs and Michael, but I don't really understand the Self titled song

Listen to Lost, Pyramids, Sweet Life, Pilot Jones, Crack Rock, and Thinkin Bout You.

Thank you user I will try.

Oh wow while listening to the album the first time I had completely skipped over each of the tracks you just listed so now im sure by going and listening to the album again but not skipping over the tracks you mentioned it will surely click.

A lot of great things about it, but some of the most annoying vocals I've ever heard on an album

Yeah, I can even get into something like Vibing Up The Senile Man which is arguable more out-there than Y is, but for some reason it just doesn't click.

Any Death Grips album really. People keep saying it is great. It seems like the kind of aggressive shit I like mixed with some edgy eminem type lyrics that set the mood. I tried 3 and could not finish any of them.

Astral Weeks
It's just.... boring