Sell me on Radiohead

So far i think this band is mediocre at best. I've heard:

Creep (trashy generic song, very dull)

Reckoner (catchy but the Gnarls Barkly version is 10x better, plus cee lo can sing it well live)

People keep telling me this band is actually great but so far i haven't heard anything special. Post a song you think would change my opinion on this band.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2bGPPBoh9E8
youtube.com/watch?v=fpk835d1K7U
youtube.com/watch?v=LCJblaUkkfc
youtube.com/watch?v=9QGO-fXh_w4
youtube.com/watch?v=j7qJ6cb3S8s
youtube.com/watch?v=h7XtAfDvdWs
youtube.com/watch?v=Q888PBtrWc0
youtube.com/watch?v=n5h0qHwNrHk
youtube.com/watch?v=7AQSLozK7aA
youtube.com/watch?v=AS1XqQaFmJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=nVECqjnJkNw
youtube.com/watch?v=3M_Gg1xAHE4
youtube.com/watch?v=furluVy2xbg
youtube.com/watch?v=dskpbt_2pRg
youtube.com/watch?v=vOa--Dhu11M
youtu.be/LCJblaUkkfc
youtube.com/watch?v=1uYWYWPc9HU
youtu.be/u5CVsCnxyXg
youtube.com/watch?v=BbWBRnDK_AE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I agree with you.

youtube.com/watch?v=2bGPPBoh9E8
youtube.com/watch?v=fpk835d1K7U

they're just muh high-end production and muh panning and stereo effects in band form. nothing special or of note. I'd hard next them in favour of some Jon Hopkins any day.

Here (you) go

Go listen to a full album

recommend an album then.

Less generic sounding, but the music is still really simplistic when compared to praise they get.

It's totally fine to not like them, but don't decide that after listening to 2 songs. If you like beautiful pop listen to In Rainbows, Ok Computer if you want well produced somewhat 70s esque alternative

Are those the only two songs you've heard so far? Everyone knows Creep isn't that good of a song, and it's been overplayed to death over the years.

Here try these:
youtube.com/watch?v=LCJblaUkkfc
youtube.com/watch?v=9QGO-fXh_w4
youtube.com/watch?v=h7XtAfDvdWs
youtube.com/watch?v=Q888PBtrWc0

Kid A
if (You) don't like commercial and generic songs

i haven't decided anything yet really, thus this thread

>Simplistic
child.

youtube.com/watch?v=n5h0qHwNrHk

Try these:

youtube.com/watch?v=7AQSLozK7aA
youtube.com/watch?v=AS1XqQaFmJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=nVECqjnJkNw
youtube.com/watch?v=3M_Gg1xAHE4
youtube.com/watch?v=furluVy2xbg
youtube.com/watch?v=dskpbt_2pRg
youtube.com/watch?v=vOa--Dhu11M

Kid a / okcomputer ?

fuck, meant to reply to

Listen to every LP they released since 97' up to 03'

Their best song is "Street Sprit (Fade Out)":
youtu.be/LCJblaUkkfc

Just listen to Amnesiac. They aren't the best band ever, but they are not mediocre either.

>I don't like x, convince me otherwise
fuck off, nobody fucking cares

Karma Police is somewhat mainstream but is a must have in a lot of my mixes.
youtube.com/watch?v=1uYWYWPc9HU

The only song I remember particularly enjoying from OK Computer was Paranoid Android. I think regardless of preference that's a great song in general.

Another great song is "No Surprises":
youtu.be/u5CVsCnxyXg

I second that notion.

you listen to two songs from a band then come ask mu why you should like them?
i mean, i dont really care about radiohead, but still.
at least listen to the albums that everyone says are classics from them.

Honestly what do you like?
Radiohead is great for three main reasons--great songwriting, interesting and beautiful sounds and great arrangement.

If youre into more electronic just listen to Kid A or amnesiac. Any songs of them will do, just listen to a few to get a feel for it.

Imo In Rainbows is their best and certainly easy to like. Very guitar based compared to some other stuff. Some cool time signatures and whatnot.

Their newest, a moon shaped pool is also great. Check out daydreaming, glass eyes and present tense for some sad stuff.

Kid A and Amensiac are their best. if you like those, then the only other good album is probably the King of Limbs. everything else isn't worth checking out

If I had to choose one song it would be Idioteque

fyi OP this is a super unpopular opinion. King of Limbs is generally regarded as one of their worst

if you're a pleb that is

Listen to jigsaw falling into place.

ignore the fools, In Rainbows is the best place to start.

Hail to the Thief

Radiohead aren't hard to get. They are an easy favourite band since they have such a solid discography that fits different moods, yet all their albums are cohesive and listenable. They've been my favourite band since I was about 9 or 10 years old, and I recently got to see them live and had a nice big tear up when they played All I Need.

This one should do it. The most beautiful song I've ever heard.

Nude
youtube.com/watch?v=BbWBRnDK_AE

It's especially beautiful if you know the meaning behind it....

It's a decent band. I agree.

Theyre an actually decent rock and roll band. Back when people that made rock smoked pot and drank beers and didnt have dress codes for their album release show and try to be high class.

Listen to Kid A, the whole thing, in order, in one sitting (pretty sad having to point this out but seeing how you're a loose track pleb it's worth mentioning)

This reads kind of like a Dril tweet

I dislike both of those songs desu

isnt it obvious that this post is bait. Says he only heard two radiohead songs and they were creep (obviously meant to trigger radiohead fans) and a song sung be cee lo green (another trigger). He also, despite apparently only hearing two songs, knew the singers name to throw up the image. Its bait. Fuck u guy