I just opened my 8th beer tonight. My girlfriend of 8 years left me, and I'm just numb at this point...

I just opened my 8th beer tonight. My girlfriend of 8 years left me, and I'm just numb at this point. It's 55 degrees out and raining outside. How are you feeling tonight Sup Forums? Anyone else drinking? I've been listening to this on repeat. youtube.com/watch?v=0Yl54YiXKjQ

Maybe stop being a little bitch

Thanks man. I knew I could count on you.

Go get her back instead of feeling sorry for yourself and drinking. That's probably why she left you in the first place.

That does suck. other dude is right, no point in feeling sorry for yourself even though it can be hard. I'll have a drink for ya mang.

On Wellbutrin to quit smoking which is an antidepressant. My doc said I shouldn't drink but I'm twelve deep. Tell me your story friend

Yeah, I'm not feeling sorry for myself as much as I'm just trying to figure out what's next. I think I'm going to but a drift car or something. Maybe I'll buy a house and stop dumping money into renting apartments. I'm not destroyed emotionally. I just need to push and make things happen, and that's where I'm drawing a blank.

I met her in college. We were inseparable for the first 5 years. Nothing about me really changed to much, but I could tell she was getting complacent. I tried as hard as I could to make everything work, but near the end I could tell she wanted it to fail. As expected, not long after it ended she had a relationship with some other guy which was a dead giveaway that it was all premeditated. I'm trying to just move forward and not feel sorry for myself, but it fucking sucks.

How old are you? What do you do for a job

I'm 27 and I'm a software developer.

I feel you Sup Forumsro. Chillin at home alone listening to some comfy music and drinking a cheap white wine.

Had the same thing happen. 8yrs and all, that was almost two years ago. Time goes on with or without you user. You may not believe it now but things will get better.
>gf of 8yrs leaves
>have to clear everything that reminds me of her
>check fridge
>its all the beer leftover from when we threw parties for friends
>take the food/beer/ all out.
>find nearest homeless person
>give it all away.
>he invites me to chill with them
>introduces me to his friends/family
>we form a relationship I dont tell anyone about >hangout til 2am there about every week.
>hear it all, drugs/fighting/domestic violence/abuse.
tl;dr When life gets shitty I remember someone has had it worse and the opportunities that I've been given to improve each day. Good luck user

Thanks for sharing that man. Putting things in perspective really helps. I don't want to just wallow in misery. I want to force myself to be the person I've always idolized. I appreciate it.

Waiting till 11:11 then gonna shoot myself. Quads are gods right? If it works I'll come back and fix things.

Just buy a 1 way ticket to Hawaii or something man. If you actually have nothing to lose then who the hell cares? Just leave wherever you are and enjoy yourself while you can.

Dude why have you not married your girl after 8 years? Just a question not being hostile

She was in Undergrad for 4 years, and then worked for a year before going for her Masters which was a 3 year thing. I was gonna wait for her to finish before I proposed, but it looks like it didn't matter.

similar thing w/ gf of 6 years happened with me. cept i went out of state for work for a month and she cheated, i broke up with her when i got back.

shit sucks, but life goes on, and you'll meet other ppl. take the opportunity to improve yourself, and accomplish things you didn't have time to before. travel if that's your thing, etc... there's more to life than women, and if you're doin' life right women will always be an option anyhow.

That's a good attitude. I definitely don't have a hard time getting women, so I'm not worried in that aspect. I'll take your word that time will fix things.

You could just kill yourself. I've been considering it myself

Broke up with gf of five years a few months ago. She left me for another guy and left me by my stoney lonesome and she keeps sharing all the stories and photos of her and her new guy doing stuff and having fun all the time.

I wish just once she'd feel as bad about our breakup as I do, I did so fucking much for her. I was there for her when she was at the lowest of the lows and I can't beleive how easily she just tossed me to the side. I should have seen it coming, she had always found people disposable.

I'm in a better place now but it still sucks ass to still have some feelings for her left over. Make that next beer for me, OP.

Pic related, it's her butt.

>I'm in a better place now
Sounds like you're dead.

I love my girlfriend so much we're going on 5 years currently I think I'm gonna propose sooner than later cause I can't let this one go but I constantly wait it out and beat myself up all the time because I want her to have everything cause she truly deserves it

I feel like I am already so whats the point of suicide.

This is why I hate fucking women they all fucking do this no matter what, This is why I stay single after my last heartbreak, no one can hurt you that way.

Fuck her man. Just pretend she wasn't ever a thing in your life and just find someone who is actually worth your time. The next beer is definitely for you. cheers user.

5 years? She's already thinking of leaving you and nothing will stop her.

what happened op? :(

hang in there user. bit of advice: alchohol is a depressant. if you want to feel better you shouldnt drink.

Lol she dumped you because you listen to ska

True facts, OP. You're better off with weed.

Thanks, I know you are right but I'm just torturing myself. It's weird, but in a way it reminds me of growing up with mid to late 2000's Sup Forums when stuff like this was posted more often. It gives me an odd sense of comfort.

Ska is not dead

You still alive, user?

Yeah no

You never really know.

Drinking some capt Morgan private stock here.

I'm gonna go crash now. night anons. Dont lose hope.