Hipoint (preferably 45ACP)
S&W Body guard

and the list goes on

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3Otbotl6O68
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I got a 2 dolar brand new watergun

You got a permit for that?

I have a Taurus pt111 Millennium G2 that I got for 250 bones. have put just over 3k rounds through it with no problems. so I'm gonna recommend that, or the Sccy. what's going to be this guns purpose?

Home and self defense
Handgun fits the bill

have you looked at used ones?

you can sometimes find used Ruger revolvers for around that range. Don't use a .22 for self-defense.

Yeah
The options expand way more when I buy used

Ruger.

I kind of want a 22 for hunting

But agreed, still, better than nothing

yeah def. a few months ago, bud's had police trade in Beretta PX4s for 299.99. you may want to look at that and see if they're still there. cuz if so that's the Muthafuckin gun to get

>Home and self defense
Then don't get a .22lr. That a round for plinking and shooting rabbits, not niggers that just broke into your house at 3am. .38+P is the weakest round you can get away with. 9mm is fine.

If you want both cheap and effective for home defense you want a shotty, but that's not much use if you're also wanting a carry piece.

Does it have to be a handgun?

I'm a bigger fan of Sig than Berreta

how about you wait and save more money.

I want a carry gun

Use Ruger P series. Those are ugly but solid.

Pretty much this. A .22 won't stop a basketball-american from stealing your shit.

You gonna use a .22 handgun to hunt?

How about fuck you
When I need a gun, it'll be sitting in a gun shop not in my hand

Best advice so far

Do not get a hi point, please

Small game and pest
Yeah

you sound like an idiot who shouldnt own a gun

you won't find a sig, not even used for your budget user. the PX4 will last you the rest of your life. Anyway do what ya want. my recommendation is still the Taurus Pt111 G2

Please see

I was gonna suggest the Ruger SR40c to OP but those are about a hundred more than he can spend

You ask for opinions then get butt hurt lol fuck you

There are a number of options under $300 that aren't shit. Just go to a gun store and tell them what you want. If the owner gives you any shit go to a different shop. Anyone who isn't an asshole will happily show you 4-5 options in your budget and explain the pros and cons of each load.

Dont listen to this guy.

It WILL shoot

You can bash someones brains with it (which you probably could, theoretically you can tie it to a stick and call it a mace and it will preform like one) and then rack it and it will proceed to shoot.

And if you are out of rounds you can just throw it at the assailant its only 140 bucks.

Dont be a cheap piece of shit buy one, fuck it buy TWO and throw one away as a victory purchase.

Wait. Don't buy a shitty gun, save till you have 400, buy a decent used one. Or save till you have 700, buy a nice one.

this is where everyone should know to abandon this little kids thread

Yes

The Ruger LCR or used Ruger P series - the P95PR or P90DC is a solid, long lasting firearm. Should find both in that range.
Speaking from experience - stick to 1 caliber, preferably 9mm or .45 for cost.

Don't do the Sccy. I have a CPX-1 and it feels good in my hand, is accurate, but jams a lot and makes a clinking noise when I walk with it. Got a smith and wesson m&p as my service weapon and love it. I'd go with the s&w, they make great guns. Ruger is a great company too, I have shot their guns, but only own a Ruger rifle, but it's well made.

Supposedly Sccy 2 is better
But one guy cracked the slide and had pins falling out just by shooting it

Sccy Fail, youtube

youtu.be/3Otbotl6O68

Do NOT buy a SCCY or a .22. They are not reliable. The same might be said by some people of the Bodyguard and Hipoint but honestly in my experience those are fine. SCCY is trash-tier though, and cheap .22s are notoriously finicky so don't do that to yourself.

If you want something new, Hi Point is remarkably reliable but very unpleasant to shoot in any caliber. Consider also the Remington R380 for $215, $165 after rebate

Does it have to be new? $270 could buy you any one of several good quality trade in, surplus or used guns:
Walther PPX $250
Makarov $300
CZ82 $270
M&P trade-in $300
Beretta 92S $280
P64 $240

I'll stick around to answer questions if you have them OP.

check out grabagun. great prices.
Also, Taurus and Walther are doing rebates now.
You just missed the S&W $75 rebate.
Got a sheild for 260 with shipping and FFL fee

Ok
But I'd sooner use a sccy or hipoint than that Remington pistol

Hi Point maybe, they are nearly unstoppable, but the RM380 is a clone of the Rohrbaugh R9S which does not have a bad reputation. It's not a Remington fuckup because somebody else did the engineering and Remington just bought them out and started manufacturing them.

I love my RM380, don't put it in the same category as the Remington-original RP9 and R51 designs. Pic related, they aren't great. RM380 is pretty excellent at twice the price. I'm telling you as an owner of all three.

I'll take cap and ball over nothing, but used name brand is a amazing option

OP here
I really like you user

Kind, Courteous, and you got a plan to kill everyone you meet. lol JK

But seriously nice guy that's knowledgeable

Right now i'm thinking either .380acp, 9mm, or RIA 38 special

>Ruger Lcr
This one is decent and reliable, also Ruger has great customer service.

why do you take pictures of your keyboard

he lurks Sup Forums for gun threads because /k/ hates him and post the same pics everytime

kek

OP here
Partially true, I piss off /k/ asking for cheap guns all the time, but I post other shit too

>tfw when /k/ hates your shitty opinion but post on Sup Forums and people think you're a gungod with best advice

Consider suicide if you buy a hipoint.
> hipoint wouldn't fire anyway.

If possible I would aim for 9mm, the availability of ammo and the wide selection of defensive loads are a huge benefit to the caliber. I wouldn't say it has significantly better defensive capability than .380 but the number of good quality .380 defensive loads is very slim pickings. You can watch tnoutdoors9 youtube videos to discover which ones perform the best in his specific testing but I believe Hornady Critical Defense FTX and not much else.

Because I post on Sup Forums and /k/.

EXCUSE ME THIS IS INCORRECT PLEASE DELETE. I AM A KIND PERSON TO ALL HUMANS.

9mm it is

God I want a 1911 0_0 (one day)

I think they're talking about me btw, I keep posting shitty cheap gun post and pissing off /k/

Don't let them get to you. 3/4 of /k/ is noguns and the remaining 1/4 is poorguns. They aren't better than you.

>hipoint

May as well use it to kill yourself instead of buying a better gun

You think they're talking about your gun advice when you don't know shit about guns?

Now the question is what 9mm

S&W, Glock , taurus
-_- Hipoint, Sccy

I don't give gun advice online

This. I've had my hi-point C9 since 2004. That's before most of boners even knew what a gun was. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many rounds I've put through it. If I had to guess, Somewhere north of 10,000. Not one single jam. Not one misfire. And I've put EVERYTHING through it, including my buddy's shitty reloads. If there is a bullet in the chamber, I know for a goddamn FACT that it will fire.

The same cannot be said of other handguns I own, which includes Colts, Rugers, Glocks, and Sigs. Those guns are fucking princesses. But my Hi-Point is a fucking caveman.

Get the Hi-Point, user. THEN save up for your princess gun.

I've owned several good wuality and low quality guns, i can say that for 250 bucks, the taurus pt111 G2 is the best deal for the money.

Hi points are shitty blocky rattly heavy guns nut they will always put a round through. If you want something to defend yourself get a hi point. Demo ranch did a review on them wanting to show how shitty they were and ended up proving they will always fire.

It's all a matte of money. It's hard to buy a nice pistol under $300 that isn't a Hi Point. $400 opens up LOOOOOTS more options and $500 opens up more still. But with your budget, I'd recommend a Hi Point.

Don't forget that you will be paying a transfer fee too no matter which gun you buy. Generally $20-40.

Are you somehow confusing him and me? Like I always avartarfag if I can't trip so there should never be any confusion about who I am.

I'm gonna go with a slim single stack
Like rugger lcp, glock 43, S&W sheild

New or used, as long as it's easy for daily CCW

Get the Socom from metal gear solid because snake was a badass one doesn't afraid of anything. I pretty sure that gun can't be more than 200, right?

Buying used is guaranteed cheap

Find a good priced 1911

Please post more

Fuck off

Don't buy a hi point. Owned a 9 for about 2 months, 2nd time I took it to the range it jammed several times. I wound recommend the ruger. I have an lc9 that is nice. Never jams and fairly accurate

This. There is a dude in youtube ramming one and running it over with his truck and it still shoots. But it did misfire a few times. His channel is something plus Ranch.

Keep going

Ruger LCR is the best pistol you can get for cheap imo. Choose either .38 or .357. Compact revolver that's reliable, extremely beginner friendly, simple design, easy maintenance and cleaning, and packs a punch. Only a few hundred dollars, especially used. I use a .357 LCR for concealed carry.

>My budget for a handgun is around $200 to $270

Don't bother.

Go to /gif/ lmao