Why the fuck is rick and morty so fucking god damn normie holy shit...

why the fuck is rick and morty so fucking god damn normie holy shit. The show makes it seem like this really light hearted garbage with normie shit like pickle rick or whatever, (I hear fucking 300lb whales spouting this shit in public) and then go into LE DEEP PHILOSAFACAL garbage, like nihilism, acting like it has any integrity yet a middle school twink faggot could write the same exact shit. If you enjoy this garbage show, you're apart of the problem.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fIhKqaNp4Dc
youtube.com/channel/UC42VsoDtra5hMiXZSsD6eGg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fucking retard, doesn't even know the difference between "apart" and "a part"

i gave in last week, it isn't actually that bad and is quite entertaining, you're just being a fucking whiny bitch because ppl likes things you hate that you can't even find rational reasons to justify it, stop being a fucking faggot for once OP

Nice bait

The show is ok. The fanbase will kill it.

this

name a better western cartoon. I can only think of one.

Everyone who has ever recommended to me has been a stoner. It was like when Adventure Time was a thing. Both my housemates are stoners, all their friends are stoners, and they all love it.

I tried the first six episodes on a plane recently. Not bad, but nothing special. I wouldn't call it a bad show, but not worth the hype. I can see why stoners like it though.

But I can't stand stoners now that I'm getting older, and so by extension I can't stand the show, a la "the fanbase" are killing it.

In terms of "philosophical" and meaning?
Bojack horseman

>edginess and depression is better than science fiction
you failed outright. also bojack is cringe more often than funny.

Go away and learn how to think

waaah waaah people like things that i dont

fuck off

You don't like it, so it means everyone who does are all the things you said.

Why are people like you so elitist?

You don't like something, so what if others do. You probably like stuff others don't.

Who even cares?

Are people that stressed about having a self esteem identity they make liking or not a comedy adult cartoon a reason to feel superior?

I just don't get it.

Who gives a shit?

If you watch cartoons for depth, then maybe it's you who has the problem edgelord.

>Le
you're not a faggot, normie cancer and fedora Lord.

I feel like it went from good wholesome grungy fun with some serious undertones to just nihilistic bullshit

i just watched the 3rd episode and when the kid's grandpa got cucked i was like woah... so this is what reddit loves so much, huh.

oh shit. thanks for reminding me to watch latest.

Kys you fucking normie

Boondocks?
Not this faggot

>apart of the problem

Alright Justin cool your tits. The show is great mkay

It's all over fagbook so it´s normie shit.

Sup Forums died years ago. Everyone here is a normie

allah?

political bell-ringing that only certain kinds of urban population find entertaining via ability to relate to it's themes.

there isn't much adult entertainment in the animated world outside of anime. not really any reason to shit on rick and morty other than being contrarian, only good thing since pic related. everything else is family-oriented if not straight up for children or flings le randumb in your face.

its better than most of the garbage on adult swim, and everywhere else for that matter

I like it enough that I watch it weekly, but not enough to support Dan Harmon. He's a good, maybe even great writer, but he's such a cuck.
Evidence: If any of you like Game Grumps or Dan Avidan in any form, look at the second episode of their new JewTube Red show, Good Game.
The first 10 minutes are just cancer, basically throwing in cultural references and edginess in because it's cool. The main part of that ten minutes is one of the kids being an edgy asshole to his team for no goddamn reason other than that it needed to happen to move the story along, with no buildup or motivation.
(If you have Red, go watch the first couple minutes here. Or watch the whole thing. Dan fucking carries the show).

They try to contrast it, with the main "we need a contrast"/convenience guy saying that the solution to edginess it to make a list of banned words, but that's never touched upon beyond everyone looking at him basically saying "lol whatever retard."

They use it to do some character stuff, but it's pretty contrived.

TL;DR

I think Dan Harmon/ the left bias in the studio is toning R&M down and making it worse, as evidenced by Good Game and Rick and Morty.

Its not OP. Normieshit is much worse.
Now go be edgy and a tough rebel somewhere else.
RM is great, OP is a fag

How old are you?

Prime bait. The show is greater than anything OP could accomplish even if they had 1000 years

this, to be genuinely this butt peeved over a show you don't have to watch makes you worse than any show could be. it's entertainment not a religion

/thread

rumor has it Justin Roiland likes to get shit faced and talk shit about his own content to provoke criticism.

one of the best cartoons in the west but season 3 has been disappointing. the women writers are showing. cut the drama.

This.

that only used to happen on Sup Forums. unfortunately he needs it now that he has all these bitch writers writing "LOL SO RELATABLE" faggot comedy into the show, and that absolutely cringe psychologist segment in the pickle rick episode that will forever be a stain on the series.

>yet a middle school twink faggot could write the same exact shit

I dont even lik the show very much but this is your where youre wrong. A middle schooler couldnt write it, and you couldnt write it. And dont tell me you wouldve, you just dont want to. Prove to me that you have ANY credibility as a creator yourself, seriously post ANYTHING good that you created yourself, let alone a whole concept ans script for a tv show, that goes any step beyond a feel good guaranteed canned laughter concept. You couldnt do it, and, even if the show is flawed, there is clearly an evolution in storytelling happening that this show is a contributing part of.

Loved this show, too bad there is nothing like this any more..as far as mainstream telivision

This!

i like it

but not enough to be posting pickle rick all over the place

Here's the infograph

I hated rick and morty from the start and it sucks because a lot of people who like actually good shows like adventure time and south park talk about how good this shit show is

R&M is literally sci-fi adventure time for people 5-10 years older. south park only knows how to be edgy, random, or preachy, and if it finds a good joke it wrings it dry over an entire episode if not multiple.

First episode was awful too, in fact I just watched it because Dan Avidan. Hell I even watch GameGrumps only because of him.

Season threes stories have been terrible. That user is right, anyone could have written this shit. Rick is the biggest delusional, self insert fantasy, teleports behind you, character in anything.

The stories themselves are basic stuff. Theirs nothing amazing about any of it, it genuinely is not creative. It's focusing on bare bones stuff, like the art style.

You can argue about some of the episodes from season 1 and 2 but 3 is shit.

>evolution in storytelling
PICKLE RIIIIIIIICKKKKK!!!!

Idk I think it is alright that they are exploring the emotional side of the characters but I preferred the newest episode over the weak ass performance of the psychologist scene.

Bojack falls into all the same problems as rick and morty but with less laughs. It feels so artificial. Watched all of season one on a comedown, it's very fake deep.

rocko and angry beavers were better than this.

Yeah, I just cited the second episode because that first bit was godawful. The bar scene and its follow-up was glorious though.

I watched the first season because I kept hearing about how good it was. Waste of my time. It is all of the preachy, wanna-be depth of Family Guy with none of the actual humor. (which is saying a lot) I keep wanting to watch the rest because I feel like I was missing something because of the hype.

I would rather re-watch Futurama for the 6th time than spend another minute watching that shit.

Yeah but you have to admit there are decent shows liked by stoners, also you watched the first 6 episodes but it starts to become really nice from the end of first season, then the second and the 3rd are great... Watched it in the last weekend, I kept saying "one last episode" until I reached the last one out, I like it cause the plot is good and how it uses science to fuck up everything known and from then go to the relativity of problems. It is better than interstellar in that way

>Family guy
>Humor

Pick one.

I guess I asked after you went to wear your dick out fapping to traps. How old are you?

I'll give you rocko, but not angry beavers, although I liked them too.

interstellar was utter garbage

>If you enjoy this garbage show, you're apart of the problem.
>apart of the problem
And you're illiterate, dumbass.

Well yeah that's as obvious as saying Brandon Lee was the only actor who had a right to play Eric Draven.

i understand your frustration

>I like it cause the plot is good and how it uses science to fuck up everything known and from then go to the relativity of problems. It is better than interstellar in that way
>It is better than interstellar in that way

So it's better than pretentious garbage. it's just plain garbage then?

That is my point. It manages to be LESS humorous than Family Guy and more psudo-intellectual.

Its hilarious. Everyone is just a hipster and is scared to enjoy anything popular.

>Over twenty years and it hasn't been surpassed
Embarrassing.

>acting like it has any integrity yet a middle school twink faggot could write the same exact shit

Yeah? It's a cartoon.

There's an entire medium of badass cartoons out there.

But still everyone enjoyed the plot. I didn't cause I like science fiction and there were too many problems with it but we have to admit it was the first kolossal to use relativility or whatever it is called in english to harm the character, too bad they messed up basically everything else and used those silly love plots

Like this!

>pic related

tldr;
>stop liking things i dont like REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

>how to write a show for the millennial crowd
>write it as normal
>but make the main character allude to depression once every 3-5 lines
>every other line is pop culture reference
>idiots flock to it as "it's deep like me"
>????¿????
>PROFIT

>it's a cartoon
Just because it's animated means it's of less worth?
This
youtu.be/fIhKqaNp4Dc
Is also animated, yet many people find it very profound and thought-provoking.
It's the message that's being sent (or how, in a story way) that matters.

The show can get weak at times and tries too hard but shit faced Justin Roiland giving no fucks makes it worth it to me. Dan Harman has his moments too like in Raising Gazorpazorp when they bury their past self's and the citadel of ricks and the scene where the Morty controlling evil rick stomps on the eye patch and walks off into the crowd of Rickless Mortys. You can say its edgy and cliche but I fucking dig it!

the plot was just copypaste hollywood formula. not even being contrarian here, I was extremely disappointed in every aspect of that movie. B-tier stuff has been shitting on hollywood since '10.

>R&M is literally sci-fi adventure time for people 5-10 years older.
except adventure time was good
>south park only knows how to be edgy, random, or preachy, and if it finds a good joke it wrings it dry over an entire episode if not multiple.
this actually made me sad. fucking commit suicide you retarded ape.

Fuck off justin

it made you sad because I hit the nail on the head there.

you're right, adventure time is good, and it's a kiddie fantasy version of R&M, which is also good.

Well I think you missed the point on many seas 3 epidsodes. Theyre telling the story of an abusive family relationship. The grotesque overexaggeraton of the lengths that the individuals go (fighting sewer rats in a mecha made from their own organs, killing your father in law with the help of an alien conspiracy) serve to bring across the point of how little people are ready to contribute to fixing their situation and rather suffer unspeakable horrors than try to rebuild trust in each other, possibly because they consciously chose to act like dicks and dont care only about themselves even in the first place.
But of course you know that and just pretenden that the eps was about a goofy pickle rather than about what i just described so you could make a polemic argument about a show that you personally dont like, probably because the matter (being a dick to others, esp. family) touches on (your) life problems as well.

i cannot fucking stand redditors whatsoever. all of you please fucking go back like why can't you be happy there or just lurk here and not post.

i usually ignore you people but we don't go to reddit and spam shit like this so why are you coming here and not showing our community any respect and shitting it up

>OP says Rick and Morty is a show for normies
>Ignores the fact that normie has become a normie term

>le reddit likes a show so im gonna be a le contrarian and hate it xDD
>am i oldfag now yet guis??? xD

Welp, you guys made my night ROFL.
Ty for biting the bait boys.

>Bojack horseman
Watched the first series. Just the same shit every episode. And not in an entertaining way. Shit eventually.

People from shit areas want to move into good areas, but they bring everything that made their previous place shit with them.
Reminds me of real life.

>it's okay that I shit my pants because it was ironic

thanks? I think?

IM PICKLE SIXX!!!!!

>i hate stoners so anything stoners like,i hate
Gg tardling

ITT: reddit

only redditors have the context to recognize "redditness".

Nice bait

I like the show but I don't think its as "smart" as everyone is saying it is. Like its a "beautiful mastermind show with intricate details".

No, its just a cartoon made by two of the most annoying personalities ever.

If you can deal with listening to either Justin Roiland or that other fat fuck talk for more than 2 minutes you must be clinically braindead. They are so up their own ass its unbelievable.

I reject your opinions and substitute my own

>forcing a meme
>not Milhouse

That show got ruined when I found out they didn't like each other the whole time.

I reject your comment and substitute my own

You should check out
youtube.com/channel/UC42VsoDtra5hMiXZSsD6eGg
It's got Brian Brushwood, who's pretty neat. The guys who do the show actually like each other, and can make jokes and whatnot.