Why isn't this talked about more on here? It's incredible

Why isn't this talked about more on here? It's incredible

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=isi4FYDFfps
youtube.com/watch?v=PIh2xe4jnpk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Having a hard time telling if this is bait or just retarded

It's okay.

there is little to discuss, most people are somewhere between indifferent about it and really enjoying it

to clarify, it's retarded because this gets talked about all the time on here

i used to be in love with it but it gets more mediocre with each listen

i find it kinda just boring. don't care for the vocals overall either.

feel like this heat did the whole art-punk shit much better.

This album is talked about quite a lot on Sup Forums

lurk moar

because its average as fuck and also your a newfag if you havent seen this album discussed here like 100 times

i know you're trying to act knowledgeable and contrarian but if you dislike this album you have shit taste through and through

kill yourselves

This is one of my personal 10/10s op. I love the guitar interplay

I don't dislike it, it's just not that great. 6/10

Singer and the vocal melodies in general are quite weak. Instrumentation is excellent.

honestly I don't even think of This Heat as art punk, they're great but went too far away from punk. more like post-punk/industrial

it's talked about a fair amount, not as much as other Sup Forumscore because people are elitist fools and like to pretend this is less than a 9/10

>Singer and the vocal melodies in general are quite weak.

that's literally a tiny aspect of the album. also the lyrics are 10/10 and the vocal melodies are pretty good. the guitars are absolutely perfect, as is the rhythm section

doing something like this in 1977 is pretty insane

It may be a tiny aspect of the album, but it's at the forefront of the sound and you must hear it. It brings the overall quality of the composition down.

not him but the vocalists annoys me heavily. irritates my ears.

I like it, i'm not saying it's bad, it's just I don't like it nearly as much as I used to

it's unique and i don't find his voice that bad to listen to

saying it's mediocre is straight up retarded m8

>it's unique and i don't find his voice that bad to listen to
this will just boil down to subjectivity
not saying its bad. but if i gave it a rating 7/10 would be the highest.
prefer tunes like this youtube.com/watch?v=isi4FYDFfps

/fa/gs latched onto this album so now I never talk about it

>not saying its bad. but if i gave it a rating 7/10 would be the highest.

i just don't get how the singer's voice can factor into your rating so heavily. the lyrics are great and the vocal melodies themselves are pretty great as well.

it's like people who hate joanna newsom because she has a unique voice (even though her music is great)

also why are you linking super generic post-punk? it literally has no "tune" in general. is this bait?

did they? when?

The voice is an instrument. Some people don't like some voices.

>also why are you linking super generic post-punk?
because i prefer the bass heavy kind

> just don't get how the singer's voice can factor into your rating so heavily.
i can't listen to television on repeat because of the vocalists is obnoxiously bad.

> the lyrics are great and the vocal melodies themselves are pretty great as well
i disagree. but its okay if you think so. we don't all have to like the same things :)

>The voice is an instrument. Some people don't like some voices.

it's one instrument out of the 4 instruments in a band. nobody stops listening to a song because they say "i fucking hate guitars"

>we don't all have to like the same things :)
this makes me angry. like what i like or else i will be mad

>it's one instrument out of the 4 instruments in a band.
yes but its mixed just as loud as the guitars. so i can't tune it out.

this is Sup Forumscore

The voice is, in 99% of music that includes vocals, is the most dominant, enunciated sound in the mix.

>nobody stops listening to a song because they say "i fucking hate guitars"
There are, in fact, people on this board that do this.

>There are, in fact, people on this board that do this.
yes, the worst type of people on the board

>The voice is, in 99% of music that includes vocals, is the most dominant, enunciated sound in the mix.
i don't agree with that

>because they say "I fucking hate guitars"
A more fitting analogy would be someone not liking a song because they dislike the way the guitar sounds or the tone of the guitar. I fucking love Marquee Moon (vocals and all), but you're being silly here.

>A more fitting analogy would be someone not liking a song because they dislike the way the guitar sounds or the tone of the guitar.

sure, either way. the analogy doesn't really matter. nobody does that either way. when is a guitar tone so offensively bad that you turn the song off?

youtube.com/watch?v=PIh2xe4jnpk

I don't know but I'm sure it happens

pic related

there are a lot worse things in that song than the guitar tone. but yeah it's bad

y u gotta be so rude?

They just love the album cover on everything.

>i don't agree with that
Your ears probably aren't damaged enough to feel that way, so the only logical conclusion is that you're stupid.

ugh, jesus christ

>Your ears probably aren't damaged enough to feel that way, so the only logical conclusion is that you're stupid.
this sentence doesn't make sense you fucking retard

>this sentence doesn't make sense you fucking retard
Looks like I was right.

its in the mainstream rock canon - check its wikipedia page, its like 5000 words long and is considered a "featured, perfect article" or whatever by wikipedia's article ranking system. they've been praised and talked about forever in mainstream rock criticism (rolling stone, NME type places) and is de-facto beloved by more alternative publications. All the praising to be done has already been done, friendo.

> youtube.com/watch?v=isi4FYDFfps
is this supposed to be an example of better vocals? or are we getting trolled