Not sure where to post this

Not sure where to post this.
Bought this thing to hook up old vcr to my smart tv. Should be as simple as "rca goes in the vcr and hdmi goes to tv" right?
Waited 2 fucking weeks for this shit to get here and its not working.

Either tell me how fucking stipid i am and or tell me how i can properly go about doing this.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01L8P11LC/ref=pd_aw_fbt_196_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=473PK5MTA6DMR434H7JQ
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01L8GG6PW/ref=psdcmw_280341_t1_B01L8P11LC
youtube.com/watch?v=oK1tJ0uHt6k
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3008/~/unable-to-locate-a-yellow-video-input-on-the-tv
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How much you pay?

I dont think you can do that. Only certain formats are interchangeable, and you cant plug an analog signal into a digital input like that.

not without an active converter

You need to plug your vcr into your tvs composite input or tuner. Forget displayport or hdmi or dvi

Seems like a bunk product to me.. You need some sort of video card to convert the Analog to Digital Signal... even so the result wouldnt look that great.

Look up a HDMI to Composite Converter.

theyre like $30-50

$7.00

God damnit

You got ripped off!

hmmmmmmm
fuck it, buy an A/V receiver instead. Hook the vcr up to that and the receiver up to your tv. Then get surround sound. To watch Jurassic Park on VHS with surround sound

Problem is, my tv only has 4 hdmi ports, 1 usb and the blue green and red shit that looks kinda like rca. Thats it. Thats all it has in the back

AV converter changes analog to digital. EBAY $10 shipped. Pics related

Fuqe

Except the enitre soundtrack has to be a shitty flute cover

Thanks m8

Won't work. HDMI is digital, RCA is analog. You gotta get a DV converter. You can pick them up for $15-100+ bucks. You just got scammed.

That cable unfortunately is a total abortion for your purposes. The other anons are right, you just need a cheap tier analogue to digital converter.

Theres this 3 plugs into a usb converter. Try that. Dont know if its female or male ends u get

So would this work?

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01L8P11LC/ref=pd_aw_fbt_196_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=473PK5MTA6DMR434H7JQ

Oh, and also you're a jackass. Found one on Amazon, add specifically says you need a signal converter. Doofus.

>asking for advice on b
>everytime someone asks for advice on b they get trolled hard

One i found on amazon didnt say shit about a converter...shoulda done more research.

This post actually wasnt a shit show like i thought itd be. Actually helpfull

That blue green and red shit is composite.

No, but this would amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01L8GG6PW/ref=psdcmw_280341_t1_B01L8P11LC
The other is HDMI to rca, you're going rca to HDMI

The more you know

This will not work. This is for a device that outputs HDMI. He needs the opposite.

Thanks m8

You guys are not reading the shit youre posting.

Dont do it man. You have an HDMI display and composite device. Both of the amazon links ppsted are for an HDMI device and composite display.

Elaborate

I bought a Retron 3 and when I got it home realized that it used composite, and my TV only had HDMI and component (blue green red shit) inputs. After researching and scratching my head and looking into buying some kind of converter, I just said "FUCK THE POLICE" and plugged the RCA/composite leads into the component inputs and it worked a charm.

Op, just plug the rca from your VCR into the component inputs on the TV. Report back when it works and thank me.

Well now that i know its a matter of format conversion, ill do some of my own research to make sure i get the right one. But no offense to all you guys who helped me out.

Wrong -- that's "component".
"Composite" is a yellow RCA plug.

Neither of them carry audio -- which is red+white cables with RCA plugs.

Last time i tried something like that was with my 360 a while back. I remember there was no color or sound though. But I'll try it out just in case

This may work to some extent, but you wont get some or all color, depending on where you plug the yellow cable (it can obviously only go into one of the r g or b jacks)

Yeah, and the component inputs on OP's TV will take the composite plug, and the audio inputs go in the audio inputs. So I'm not "wrong". For OP's purposes they are treated the same.

Does your TV have red and white inputs for sound?

youtube.com/watch?v=oK1tJ0uHt6k

Depends on the TV. It worked on mine. Got all color. Plugged the composite lead into the luminance (Y) input.

Yellow goes into the Y input, red and white go into the left and right audio inputs.

Yeah? Which one? Enlighten us. He has one plug for 3 jacks.

mine has a port that is half yellow and half green where the RCA video jack goes. I'd try the green port first.

Ya but theyre separate from the component ones

Since the autists will poo poo my real life advice which works, without said autists ever trying it, here's Nintendo saying the same thing I've been saying: en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3008/~/unable-to-locate-a-yellow-video-input-on-the-tv

Already said. Yellow goes into Y, which is greenUse those for the red and white leads. That's the audio.

some gpus support this output some dont

OP, you are a fucking moron.

Tha y jack is expecting to receive information about how to reconstruct a comor video signal from the other twp jacks. It wont know what to do with a composite video signal. Just like an ide port wouldn't know what to do with a sata connection even though theyre both for hard drives.

Bruh, VCRs don't have a GPU.

Read the thread before you try to lie.

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3008/~/unable-to-locate-a-yellow-video-input-on-the-tv

your tv has componant input and you bought a composit adapter. you can still connect the video out from the vcr to the green componant input on the tv and you should get a signal. your sure the adapter you bought converts composit to HDMI, not the other way arround?

You fell victim to the cable Jew.

guys pls

Those cables are a scam. Hdmi is digital while RCA is analog, it won't work.

Lie? Nintento is describing a very special type of tv that has been designed to do this. Good luck with that, in an age where tv manufacturers are starting to remove analog commections altogether.

That green and yellow input is where the yellow RCA jack goes. Disconnect that red and blue stuff, and plug the red and white that's attached to the left and right audio inputs.

Which is what OP is showing in the pic he just posted. Stop arguing, because you're wrong.

I'm not OP, or retarded. There's far too many retards in here arguing over the fact there isn't two, they're quite often the same thing.

A "very special type of tv" that OP just happens to have? GTFO and stop trying to derail the thread with misinformation. OP has the TV described in Nintendo's troubleshooting.