What's your opinion on music festivals, Sup Forums?

What's your opinion on music festivals, Sup Forums?

(Pic semi-related: It's Eoto at Mishawaka from the other night)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/articles.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2017/07/police_release_electric_forest.amp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fun but they're not for everyone.

I also think it's important for people to have more anonymous outlets like these to really cut loose.

they're great, I just wish I went to more.

I hear that. Some people can't handle it, and some people just plain don't get it.

Go to Hulaween if you live anywhere near Florida. It's gonna be a lot of fun.

I wish I could go. I went to EF this year for the first time and had a blast. I have heard a lot of people say if you lime EF you'd like Hulaween.

For some, there a way to many people. Others don't like there musicians Live. I understand both but in general, Festivals are fun

I've never been to EF, but I hear the camping is limited, like there's slots that you gotta file into. Is that true? Hulaween lets you grab all the land you want as long as you can defend it from people that want to try to camp on top of you. I always go like 20-30 people deep so we need a huge portion. One time I had to give a guy a g of ketamine to get his group to move their shit out of our site because we had taken over like a football field of space.

Lol that's great. Yeah that's how EF works. That shit sounds awesome though. EF is amazing though, if you can deal with tight camping you'd be fine.

There's a good amount of festivals that don't have too many people in attendance. I was at suboctave in houston minnesota and there were like 2000 people

I can deal with it, I just don't like it very much. Cops can comb through them more easily and I make all my money doing not very legal things at these events lol

I know. Last year, I was at a small variant of the Holy Festival in germany. About 500 people, more than enough Acid for everybody and in general, we all had good time (Thanks to MDMA)

I don't take mdma at festivals anymore because the sets run together and the nights end too fast. I like to take a lot of L and wander so I can take everything in. I only like taking mdma with my girlfriend now. Makes sex crazy.

Festivals are great. Festival goers are typically shit. If you have ever said "festie bestie" I hate you.

Love the concept. Love music.
Hate camping. Not rich.

you see i'm in a conflict here

You have to be a real nut to get busted at EF. The police presence is minimal and there for safety for the most part. People were about as open about it as they could be without getting in trouble. As long as you are lowkey you will have no problems. It was almost an open air drug market besides the fact that the drugs werent laid out

google.com/amp/s/articles.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2017/07/police_release_electric_forest.amp

Out of 60,000+ people who went to EF both weekends this year, there were 23 arrests, and not even all of those were for drugs.

There's definitely different breeds of festival goers. Theres kandi kids that wear all that neon and rainbow plastic shit, theres first timers that just come in plain clothes and mainly drink/smoke weed, plain hippies like the ones on tv, deadheads, and theres the "heady" crowd which is the people you see with all the hat pins, flat bill hats, and hoods, and this breed is like a new-aged kinda hood-hippie.

You don't have to be rich and camping grows on you for sure.

Regardless of the risk, I keep a baseline level of operational security that is the same for all festivals. I've seen too many people get arrested for my own comfort, so my instincts are where they need to be in order to keep me out of any risk of jail.

Nope

Hey I thought it wasn't fun the first time I went too but when you hear music blasting in the background and youre fucked up on drugs staring at a fire, you just feel right. In my opinion anyway. Plus you lose a lot of weight at festivals if youre doing them right. I used to be like 270 pounds and now I'm like 145 4 or 5 years after my first festival

They were a lot of fun when I was younger, but I'm too old for that shit now. I went to one last year and it was just fucking exhausting.

Been to tons of festivals.
AMA.

How old are you?

Been to the following btw.

Bonnaroo 2009, 2015
Rothbury 2009
Gathering of the vibes, idr
EDC vegas 2010
Camp bisco 11, 12, 13
Tomorroworld, 1st year georgia
Magnaball
Elec zoo nyc, 2017 just got home.
Few smaller ones and tons of day long concerts and 100s of regular concerts.

Would never ever go to coachella and lolla cuz its gutter trash. Never made it to ultra

I heard Bonnaroo sucks now as well.

Yup. 2009 Was insanity. Although 15 was shitty cuz of weather mostly.

I'm 27 and I still have a great time. But I eat right and stay in shape. I figure I have until 29 or 30 to enjoy these things but then I'm done. I really don't want to be the 35 year old middle life crisis dude.

Hardstyle festivals is the way to go!

Great group density,
Poor escape viability,
High chaos factor,
Great noise coverage,
Target rich environment,

I love them. Allah Huakbar

Yup same bro. I feel like there is a stigma in going to festivals especially ones that are not 21 or older when you are older because you feel like it's something for kids. But I know a lot of artists especially in the EDM scene and they prefer the older crowd/fans and they cherish the older crowd that comes and watches them. I found that going VIP definitely changes the experience as you get older and that's pretty much all I'll do now.
Realistically my goal in life was to see a bunch of artist especially those that frequent the festival circuit, and I have done so a lot in the last 9 years. I have pretty much seen every big name and I think what really keeps me at Bay about not going to festivals when I'm 35 is the fact that it's not about age but more about the fact that I will probably have kids with my wife at that point and, life will be taken away from you and it will be next to near impossible to enjoy 3 or 4 days away watching music all while someone has to take care of your house and your dogs and your kids haha, and I'm only missing the kids.

I've also noticed that the middle age crew has the most difficult time fitting in. I can just tell they feel out of place. The truthfully old people (55+) are almost instantly loved and honored or something. Idk, I like seeing really old hippies at festivals.

What is VIP like? Older crowd? Less partying?

I hated camping all the five times, sorry.

Metalfestivals are great.
I've also been to other kind of festivals but the people have always been more aggressive and their were way more festival tourist that dont care about the music.

so metal festivals with maybe 10k - 20k people attending are the shit

At edm yes out of place. At chill fests, theyre cool

music is gay.

Older crowd. More maturity. Ppl can handle their booze and drugs. Better viewing areas and more immenities. Less pleebs