Mental health thread. How fucked up are you Sup Forums? Are you doing anything about it?

Mental health thread. How fucked up are you Sup Forums? Are you doing anything about it?

Prolly a 7/10 on the crazy scale, definitely suicidal, going to therapy and getting medication but its not really making a diffrence

ADHD predominantly inattentive type
Later diagnosis of Bipolar Type 2

The largest turning point in my overall mental health was finding purpose.

I began studying architecture at a community college after dropping out of a university and working retail for 8 years.

I still have down periods like today, but my overall trajectory is upwards and hopeful. Still a lot of personal work to be done.

Glad that you're doing well man

Keep trucking Familia

it took a long time and I had to overdose myself on stolen oxycontins before I changed course in a dramatic way. No rehab or anything; the mental shift occurred the morning I woke up not dead and vomited

Recently came to terms with the fact that I'm a pathological narcissist. Not really sure what to do about it other than remain self aware and try not to be a cunt.

find something that allows for you to give back in an impactful way. Don't try to rid yourself of a personality trait; that's impossible.

Find a purpose that balances out the negative impact of your less-than-desirable traits

I am a psychologist/neuroscientist. Should explain enough.

i'm one of those people who can go to work every day and blend in well with society but as soon as i go home it's like i live a totally different life. have really bad ocd but no one would suspect it. going to a therapist in this coming fall and i'm very eager to make some progress so i can get my life back.

the more I have to analyze something the more the intrusive voices kick in, but seems like if I just don't use my brain to full blast im fine

Thank you. Yeah my hobbies are somewhat exploitative by nature, something I need to shift away from. Poker being by far my biggest interest.

Good job on going to therapy. Good luck user

Interesting. What do they suggest?

with regards to seeing a therapist. They can help.

however

Don't get caught in the trap of thinking that simply seeing a professional will sort your issues out for you. That's just like waiting for someone else to say you are okay.

It's YOUR brain and YOUR mind. Take control of it and make it work for you

mostly plans of attack I don't need to hear like too many chefs in the kitchen and that's when the my plan is working

they get pretty dicksh if i am fucking up

this is the 3rd therapist i've seen over the past 5 years. first one was ok but expensive. 2nd one was shit. this one i haven't been to but she's cheaper and i've heard good things.

Also AMA if you need or want to.

maybe that's your thing then.

Play poker very well, pay yourself, then always donate a portion of every win to a mental health service.

make it a new compulsion. "I have to win because I have to donate this money"

you get to play poker, an be who you are, and others benefit

Building a system of positive feedback is a huge step in creating a lifestyle that fosters positive mental state.

I don't know you. won't say i do.

I have seen many therapists expensive and cheap, none for very long.

The lasting change came from agonizing mental work over years of self directed, professionally-informed study

I really like that plan. Constructive, and an outlet. Thanks user!

Hmm.
Been getting worse lately.
People suck so I've been avoiding them and of course I haven't heard from the one's that I wish would talk to me.
Tried to reach out for new friends and it back fired

alter it to suit your needs, but always make sure something else is benefiting from your success.

That's the key to the positive feedback loop

I'm almost normal bitch

I'm a sociopath who suffers from crippling anxiety and OCD, started having panic attacks when I was 4 or 5 my dad died when I was 11 so that didn't help, dropped out of uni because I couldn't sit in lecture halls or tests without freaking out, situation has improved a small bit and I'm trying uni again, I feel constantly depersonalized and like I'm slowly drifting away from sanity but lately I've adopted the ''just let it happen' mentality which helps deal with it