It's a McStrike.
Living wage in London: £9.15
Wage at McDonalds: £7.60

Discuss.
Pic related

If they ask for 10 they're more likely to get closer to 9

I say good on them

Go to college

As for those who say it's not a real job them going on strike won't influence them and thus shouldn't bother them, and if it does well they need to acknowledge that someone needs to do the job and thus they deserve a living for it.

>it's another people pretend like the demand for Mcdonalds food isn't through the roof thread

Mcdonalds is like the Apple of fastfood, people just want it and they want it now, but they make peanuts and get treated like slaves.
the food is fast because the labor makes it fast, it's not magic and for labor to continue these people need to get paid.

there is no better food service job than Mcdonalds, how does a student find a better job???

If the people working there left to go into debt in higher education the people who came after would still have the problem of doing the job for not enough to live, unless you are suggesting we close down all McDonalds and fast food places. I'm down for that one.

Fucking youtubing bitch.

have you ever heard of student loan debt in bongland?

>asking government for money => bad
>asking employer for money => bad
>bigger payment for the work == handouts
is that retard a stockholder or what?

Yes my friend is in it, just cos the debt doesn't trigger till you earn a set amount doesn't make it not exist, he's still in education and already owes £100,000.

>stop expecting hand outs
>but do expect to get handed out a decent job

the children who post this stuff haven't had to work yet, they have no idea what a hand out is.
i guess getting a raise is a handout now?

>pay is bad at job
>need more money
>find different job or get additional employment to cover expenses

Why is this so hard for people to fucking figure out?

Who cares. Let em have it. The economy is fucked everywhere anyway. The faster we bring it all down, the faster the next generation can make a new one.

Wrong. Apple is the exact opposite of McDonalds. Apple is an overpriced luxury item marked up due to its perceived 'coolness'. McDonald's is is popular because it's cheap as shit, fast and consistent. This has nothing to do with the staff and everything to do with automating a production line with as little human interference as possible. McDonald's staff assemble burgers. They do not cook them.

See
Replace education with other job.
As for second job, what Job and which hours? Or is working 60 hour weeks too few?

>wrong
it wasn't a direct comparison to Apple, you dimwit, so it's not wrong.
the demand for Mcdonalds is like the demand for Apple. there, i spelled it out for you.

discard everything you said in your last post because i didn't read it, no reason to.

mcdonald's is where you work when you live in your moms basement. sorry, you can't expect to have your own place when working at mcdonalds.

Other than the tills due to most food tech not yet being passed as legal in the UK there is near 0 automation in a uk McDonalds

How is asking for a wage rise to fit with the cost of living asking for a handout? Ffs attitude like that pisses me off. I know Americans are really cunty with their 'muh handout' bullshit, I fucking hope it doesn't start to spread to other parts of the world.

There's like two outlets striking, and guess what, neither of them are in London. You fake news mother fucker

spoken like an ignorant person. i know white people with families who work there.

If the only job you can get is putting french fries into a box you need to fucking grow up, or an hero, or fucking move somewhere the living costs aren't so high.

If you cannot find work that will cover your living expenses where you live, why do you live there? Are people really this stupid? Or just lazy?

and youtube is a real job? lmao what stupid cunt

you're biased because you aren't in that situation, not easy to see why you have zero empathy, probaby a shit person too.

>the people who came after
That's the thing. It's supposed to be a rotating door of inexperienced people getting a first time job, save for the few managers. If you aren't planning on moving up the ladder, this isn't a job you are supposed to hold down for years and years into adulthood.

You do not deserve a living wage, nobody does. If you are not getting one, get a better job, you are free to do so. Forcing an employer to pay you more is theft. Minimum wage is theft. Taxes are theft. That being said if you want to strike, strike. Just be prepared to have your job automated.

Welcome to the free market, you are not special, is the value you produce flipping precooked burger patties really worth a living wage?

says who? Mcdonalds tells you the exact opposite of what you just said in the orientation.

people are just saying shit shit because that's what they believe.
you really don't know jack shit.

Autism, the post. You're a fucking idiot

>wants to support himself by working McD
so don't live in london, it's too expensive anyway

They are probably a conservative in which case their brain is so small they can't see past their own nose and life situation. same as trump.

>doesn't explain why, just, youre an idiot and autism

who are you to say what people deserve?

Nobody owes you anything for being a person. Love for yourself and don't expect others to love for you.

T. Atlas shrugged

And are they making it on that McDonald's pay?

ITT: arrogant faggots who get off on telling people what they deserve and don't want to see anyone catch a break

Live*

so your saying we should starve our inexperienced people so that the largest fastfood chain in the world can earn record profits ??

no one said anything about owing anyone for being a person, you made that up.

yeah, they are. open your tiny little brain, they aren't single and have 2 sources of income.

Nice projection, cunt. For several years I worked two and sometimes three jobs to make ends meet. I finally got tired of that shit and moved to a place where there were more opportunities for me to get decent paying work. The housing costs were also much cheaper. So not only did I find better paying work, I also did not have to pay exorbitant housing and utility costs. It gave me the extra income to start my own business.

this

oh god that book sucked so much and that philosophy is so defunct it isn't funny.

Then why would mcd owe you more money than the value you produce?

Because mcdonald's understands that if people believe they'll be there for a long time then they'll give a shit about their work. Otherwise they won't and mcdonald's has a major problem with workers that don't give a fuck. It's not a job that's supposed to support a family. It's supposed to be a first time job or just something to make a little money during college. Get your experience at MCD and move on to a better job

Because they don't want to debase their employees day one by saying "yeah, you'll be out of here in a couple of years, so no need to worry about doing a good job anyway." Do you honestly think grown ass people are meant to have the job they got as a 15 year old, doing literal grunt work over a stove or cash register until they retire?

yeah, you used to be in that position and i bet you used to have a different opinion, now you're biased. so no, it really isn't a projection.
that honestly makes it even worse. you knew what it was like, now you're just antagonizing people.

fuck you.

No, I'm saying this is a job for teenagers who don't have to worry about making a living. Not for people trying to raise a family.

Well, let these "people you know" that they've had a chain of horrible life decisions to end up trying to support a family at a job meant for kids with no resume yet.

>souls of the damned
More like souls of your employees.

That philosophy built the modern world until you commie fucks decided your Lefty politics where going to work this time

employers can pay whatever they want.

where do you get this disinfo about how it's supposed to be people's first time job? the majority of people working there are 20+ years old. you're stuck in the past hardcore.

people retired doing factory grunt work, what are you even talking about?

basically, you're all ignorant and making up rules because these are rules you want to believe. you want to see people down, just admit it.

>yeah, they are
So then what's the problem :^)

why don't I strap on my job helmet, squeeze down into a job cannon, and fire off into job land, where jobs grow on jobbies

Britfag with no real qualifications here.

I used to work as a 'kitchen porter' in a pub (basically I washed shit) and I did that for almost a year while being paid £6.50 per hour.

Instead of demanding that I get paid more to do completely unskilled work I quit and got a better job in an office where I'm paid £10.60 per hour.

these cunts demanding more to do completely unskilled work need to take some personal responsibility and get a job that pays more.

Apple is shit

T. Antifa

fastfood chain jobs use to be for teenagers to make pocket money, not for people to raise a family.

That's weird. I work for McDonald's and make 158k a year. What's the problem?

It's Mcdonalds nobody has to do that job, in fact society would be better off if nobody did.

Here's an idea: stop bitching and move somewhere you can afford.

Who the fuck is dumb enough to try to live in a major metropolitan area on a McDonald's paycheck? The same person that's so stupid that their only option for employment is fast food.

People retire from factories because they get paid enough to take care of themselves and their families there.

No, I am saying that if the people wanted to better, they have to put in the effort. I could have stayed at jobs that were menial and paid shit and complained about it for my whole life and then blamed the system because my life still sucked, but I didn't I made the effort to go out and change my circumstances. I didn't blame the garden center I worked at for paying me to little, or the restaurant I worked at for not giving me enough hours. When I left those places, they didn't shut down, they found another grunt to do the work I was doing. I was not a special worker that the business' success rode on. It was work literally anyone else could do. I did not find any enjoyment in toiling away my life and made a change. If you are too lazy or scared to make decisions to better yourself and would rather bitch about they system, then no, fuck you.

>T. Antifa
it's a line from its always sunny in phili, personally I think the government should have some control over the cost of living in an area via housing costs and a minimum wage for businesses in that area, a business has no business existing if it can't pay a living wage, teenagers should not be working they should be learning, besides they almost always do a shit job anyways

# of decent & "real" jobs < # of working age people

Just pull up your bootstraps anons, and go get a "real" job. ;>)

Feels good to live in a country where a full time mcdonalds salery is enough to make a decent living.

Maybe you should get some fucking skills employers want.

yes, because they took care of their employees. Mcdonalds does not take care of their employees.

and this is why we have a strike. not hard to figure out, but it's hard for ignorant people.

you guys basically want everyone to be as miserable as you, it's sad.

My mom works in a shop only get €9h

You just went full retard dude

We have a labor shortage in my area. Unemployment is less than 3% and every place in town is trying to expand.

Don't speak so generally.

If McDonalds does not take care of their employees, then why do people work there?

sure, i'll just go collect these free skills that won't put me into debt while not paying my rent because I'm busy skill building

Lack of options

Wouldn't being in both positions suggest that they are qualified to be unbiased

Minimum wage jobs are there for people with minimum experience, minimum skills, and minimum motivation. They're not intended to be "living wage" jobs - they're a stepping stone to a living wage job.

If you;re getting minimum wage, it's because you lack skills, experience, or motivation. You want to blame someone for that, best to look in the mirror.

Do you think back breaking and accident prone factory work should pay the same as running a cash register and grill?

there is no valid excuse for a stepping stone job in the modern world, its a poor excuse to ask for unpaid labor or a piss poor excuse for paid internship to adulthood

Reality doesn't care about your feelings or the feelings of unskilled burger flippers. Your father has failed you and let you turn into an emotional pussy with no ability to use logic and rationalization. Condolences.

Mist factories will hire people who have never worked in one before. You can learn many valuable engineering skills in one, if you aren't a lazy shit with no ambition.

McDonald's in general shouldn't exist. The jobs they expect their workers to do aren't worth a living wage, and they just slowly poison the patrons so all in all it's a pretty shitty business.

Yes there is. The labor isn't worth the cost. End of story.

this

>Most factories
they sure do, but they aren't everywhere, I was born and raised in a small town that grew larger and had all its housing replaced with 3 story mansions, the only work around here is either navy base or retail, and I'm not selling myself to uncle sam

shitttt, I remember working in mcdonalds when I was 16, in south west cornwall. the pay was like £3.90 or some shit. I remember being really happy when I got a payrise to £4.15. Makes me sick when I think about it.

You must be young then and not understand that EVERYTHING the government touches turns to shit. It's like the Midas touch of excrement

People get trapped in jobs real quick.
Bills, rent etc...a.k.a "cost of living" needs to be paid somehow.

Given the amount of societal fucking sponges we all pay for in tax, I'm just glad they're working, albeit for a pittance. If I had it my way I'd rather my tax £££'s were supplementing lower paid workers than lazy junkies and scroungers.

apparently 10 eurobucks is about 12 dollars in real money. no fast food worker is worth that much. 10 dollars i could maybe get down with but that pushing it

Maybe spend less time on a chinese cartoon board and go to a library or volunteer somewhere. I learned how to be a plumber and welder without paying a dime by volunteering with Habitat for Humanity a couple of days a month. I got hooked up with some contractors that took me on as an apprentice. Get off the computer and go do something productive. You never know where it might lead

People forget so much history. How do you think good jobs were created you stupid cunts. You think companies just love to dig into their pockets and give you anything. Ya negotiate them to and other companies are forced to compete

why isn't the labor worth the cost? why don't they manage their employees better? why not have less workers, that work harder, and get paid/treated better

>work 40+ hours a week
>doesn't deserve a living wage

Those lack of options aren't McDonalds fault.

Correct, you don't

Are people really this dumb? If you don't have a background in any Fucking job, why do you think I should shell out 10$/h so you can play on snapchat and steal food

Especially given, with pretty much all first world nations outsourcing digital services and manufacturing jobs to impoverished nations in order to massively cut labor costs (while posting record profits), there ARE NO other jobs. You go in for a job interview, and you're 45th in line. You have to beat out 45 other people to get a shitty, entry level, not-technically-minimum-wage-and-with-actual-room-for-growth job.

I have a degree in engineering. I work in retail (and have for 6 years), because who the fuck would hire a domestic engineer when you can hire one from halfway around the world that's willing to work for half what I am? He's making 5x what he could expect to make at home, and I'm expected to lower myself to half what SHOULD be my wage just so I can compete with him in the labor market?

Fuck that.

>Oh, well you should just start your own business!

With what money, motherfucker!?

People don't begin working harder just because you pay them more.

They'd make more just leaving the job and picking up the numerous benefits the government offers and then we'd all be paying. Sure. Let's do that.

Out here in the real world there's something called supply and demand. People with no skills are not in demand so they have to work stepping stone jobs to gain experience/skill.

> Your labor is a product you sell to your employer. If your only skill is flipping burgers, your labor isn't worth that much.

If you do something that can be replaced by a bot/kiosk two things are true:
a) It will not pay well.
b) it will be replaced.

This is not some debatable theory. It is an absolute certainty.

Well hopefully those striking get McFired.
What happens if they get their wishes and make 10/hour is the entire cost is passed along to the customer - cost for all goods goes up to compensate so wage payroll can be met but profit margins for the company stay the same.
That means your cheapest menu items are now normal prices, and the other items go up accordingly now.
In reality what happens as well from the drastic price raised is loss of business - people no longer find it inexpensive to eat there. So, in order to make ends meet and keep profits, shifts are made smaller, workers are let go, and those that do remain now work longer hours in order to compensate. The company plays to the letter with overtime laws - that means if they can get away with not paying overtime, they will.
Likely though they cut back everyone's hours and just start hiring many, many workers doing 3-5 hour shifts daily making sure everyone is only part time employees and subject to a different set of wage laws for part time employees - one that is sustainable to the company to keep prices low and wages at current company offerings.
So employees end up screwing themselves by demanding more but in the long run making much less due to restricted hours and now have to find another part time job to make ends meet.
Good job.

Then fucking move somewhere else where there are jobs, or stay where you are at and bitch. The choice is yours and only yours. Stop making excuses.

If I had the choice between 40 hour work week and unemployment with welfare and my shitty life doesn't change, I would choose welfare.

You can't expect people to work for your conpany if they can't live off of what they're working for.