reddit.com/r/indieheads/comments/6seugp/for_your_consideration_116_u2_zooropa/

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/hiphopheads/comments/6rycbk/pharoahe_monchsimon_says/dl96k9z/
pastebin.com/HAk1GAUh
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What the hell

Letting the sub exist after 100,000 subscribers was a mistake

LOLOLOLOL LE VERTIGO POOPMAN MUSIC WTF MAN LOOL

Their taste is so entry level. Look at their "essentials" chart. It's probably taken directly from a P4k best of list.

you know these albums are also present in the Sup Forums essentials, right?

lol okay but u2 still is fucking godawful shit

reddit in general is for people who can't handle banter or the realization that they're not as smart as they think they are. r/indieheads population is made up of Sup Forums rejects who thought they were hot shit for listening to arcade fire and wilco and got proven otherwise

Its literally Sup Forums but with fake sincerity and longer sentencing

>reddit in general is for people who can't handle banter or the realization that they're not as smart as they think they are
so different from us 4channers

Unironically agree with this

I could write a pages-long autistic essay about why Reddit is inherently bad for discussion

Sup Forums core at least has some more interesting choices. They chose the most basic shit.

Yes?
If you post dumb shit or act like a backpacker here you'll get mocked
If someone disagrees with you on Reddit you can downvote them and call for the mods to ban them

this

I think the really small niche subs are cool like /r/synthesizers and /r/letstalkmusic is good sometimes

Yes, you're all superior to those redditors, don't worry. Now give yourselves a good pat on the back.

Tell me this is bait. Someone calls you out for your shitty "4chins secret club leddit is shit amiright guise" mentality and you reply by posting the most reddit e-celeb of them all?

>Friend tells me about Sup Forums
>Dont really use Sup Forums but decide to visit it on a whim
>One of the first threads I see is them unironically liking k-pop
hahahahahahahaha wtf

You're part of this board too.

That's a good point.

>Sup Forums users unironically think they're superior to /r/indieheads users
Jesus christ do you guys all lack self awareness? /r/inideheads is literally just Sup Forums without all the anger. You guys talk about the exact same shit, have the same taste, but somehow wanna feel superior? Gimme a fuckin break.

pretty much this

Yeah but I don't feel superior to anyone else because of it though

this

......you mean the exact same thing as this board?

this board is heavily influenced by fans/experts of noise, jazz, harsh electronics, classical and many micro-genres of eletronic music. indieheads very rarely veers into those terrirories and certainly not on any of the essentials lists

>experts

There are other subreddits for each one of these genres though, with their own "experts" I'm sure

>Reddit is inherently bad for discussion

reddit.com/r/hiphopheads/comments/6rycbk/pharoahe_monchsimon_says/dl96k9z/

we were specifically talking about /r/indieheads, and there isn't any good music discussion on leddit anyway (unless you want music production or technical discussion, in which case you're covered).

you were saying

stfu

Indieheads liked Everything Now

no they didn't?

>Put Your Money on Me and We Don't Deserve Love are absolutely fantastic, though the album as a whole does feel a bit weaker than their previous releases. The album starts and finishes strong, but the middle really lags to me with Chemistry and both versions of Infinite Content.

>Chemistry is carnival-core and I'm loving it, Peter Pan is very nice. I also really enjoyed both version of Infinite Content.
Edit: finished listening, loved it. Absolutely fucking loved it. As someone whose favorite AF album is Reflektor it was super exciting to hear them embrace a synth heavy sound, and at this point it's tied with Reflektor as my fave AF album.

>Bretty good, but is it just me or is the song "Chemistry" just awful. I normally don't ever really hate songs but I don't know what is with this song that really tickles my gag reflex.

>I absolutely love this album but can totally see why it's so divisive. I feel like this album with the exception of few tracks is very 'traditional sounding' and a lot of the songs (for example Everything Now, Chemistry, Infinite_Content, Good God Damn, We Don't Deserve Love) perfectly match the bluesy/country vibes I got from the first promotional pic for this era which really intrigued me and kept me wondering how the album is gonna sound like based on that pic,, and I feel like Win's settlement at New Orleans has definitely impacted the sound of the album. "We Don't Deserve Love" is pretty incredible for me, it's like an electro-country song set in a post-Everything Now Corp-world in 2050. "Peter Pan" almost sounds like an Art Angels-era Grimes song desu and that's why I love it. I was doubting the band a lot after the 4 singles but after listening to the album as a whole my perspective has completely changed and for me personally this is another great album in their discography.

pastebin.com/HAk1GAUh