Vektroid/whoever pressed this is going to sued out the ass one day in the nearish future and all copies are going to be...

Vektroid/whoever pressed this is going to sued out the ass one day in the nearish future and all copies are going to be ordered to be destroyed and the last remaining copies will be worth millions and traded only through underground word of mouth secret circles

or she'll win the case and it'll be a landmark music copyright case that changes the course of sampling in music forever and then it'll be worth a lot for a little bit bc oh cool but then it won't be worth shit because they'll repress thousands in celebration

How do we know the samples arent cleared?

REMINDER THAT PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THIS TO FLIP ARE FUCKING IMMATURE, SELFISH PRICKS

ANYONE WHO FLIPS IS A DICK

there's literally just no way vektroid could afford to clear those samples. you don't always need to pay, like if the artists really like your use of sampling they might just give it to you. But there's no way in hell thats the case here lol

so we are just assuming? How do we know the label didn't help clear the samples?

i bought one because i really wanted it, then realized i could cash in on nerds down the road and bought a second ;3
not feeling bad about it either

It's a worthwhile investment guys, please buy several copies.

So whats gonna be worth more GP vinyl or this?

i'm no expert on sample clearance/label business but i get the feeling if they're making it public news that they're physically pressing a record which has already been available commercially in digital for a few years and already gotten a bit of coverage from music media and such.... they'll have made sure any necessary samples are cleared/altered or that it's fine otherwise

Assuming. But validly so. Clearing samples is a long process. Especially for high profile artists. The artists sampled here are not going be easy or cheap to get cleared for sampling. Plus if just one artist/owner of rights/publisher doesn't consent, then the song cannot legally be distributed. Assuming that the vinyl copy has every track, I highly doubt they even tried. If every single track got cleared, and the owners of the rights consented because they either paid substantially or just really fucked with the vision, then I would gladly eat my own shit.

Well, they haven't really made it "public news", at least I don't think. Vektroid never made a statement on it, and it seemed to be a pretty low-key announcement imo.
Plus, it's been name your price since it's release. Which doesn't necessarily make it legal, in fact distributing it for free without clearance is still legal, but most companies wouldn't press that.
Also, it's a common misconception that if a sample is altered enough or short enough than it's legal to use. There's no time limit rule for legally sampling.
Sure, if it's altered to the point of obscurity and you can't recognize it anymore, you'll most likely be fine and can get away with it. However it's still technically illegal. If some shitbag copyright owner found out that a supremely warped sample that was totally fucked up compared to the original was a song they owned the rights to, they could still sue if they really want to.

nice, glad you took a copy away from someone who might've legitimately enjoyed it

asshole

The record has been released for 6 years, maybe theyve been working on clearing samples this whole time and are finally able to release it on vinyl

should have not been a poorfag and have money available to purchase it as soon as you could loser

i more meant altered as in "replaced with a different sample they were able to obtain clearance for/self-produced sound", as happens sometimes when a sample can't be cleared

and while it might be low-key as far as albums go, having been something it's been possible to exchange money for for 5 and a half years now, and getting covered in the village voice and shit /might/ be enough to already have drawn in anyone who might wanna start an argy-bargy over sampling rights

or it might not, it's hardly like i'm actually in the business

>tfw didn't even know this was being released
>stumble into Sup Forums today
>see the thread for it with over 300 posts
>lazily visit the link
>only 1 album left in stock and it's the bundle
>buy it without a second thought because I'm loaded

mmmmmmmmm

i did, i bought one already

Fuck. I was afraid of buyers regret in getting the bundle. Now I wish I bought it when there were three left. Fuck. Fuck.

Buying a (((vinyl))) of samples of full songs slowed down.

Sup Forums really is pathetic.

this pic is my new kintype