Is telepathy possible while in a sleeping state?

Is telepathy possible while in a sleeping state?

no

No. It also isn't possible while in a waking state.

Sure, why not? Oh right, because it's impossible. Almost forgot.

Absolutely possible. Sleep is the doorway to many things. Even interdimensional travel. You can get stuck in other dimensions though. Leaves you in a really fucked up state of mind if you manage to come back from it.

>friend goes to sleep in back seat
>vanishes into other dimension
ayy lmao

I thought so. I wake up sometime with the sence that I've traveled to some other indiscriminate place. I'm curious to learn if there's a way get some kind of control over this and hopefully make contact with another human being.

Honestly had personal experience with this about 10 years ago with two different people completely unplanned.

Asked if they had a dream about me and recalled the dream/conversation in said dream. Tripped me out a lot. I only meditated. Was never on drugs and neither were they. Bizarre, user.

You can wake up with the sense that you've made contact with another human being.

Nothing is impossible.

>shit /x/ says

Melting steel beams with jet fuel certainly is.

Hint: Human memory is pretty shitty, especially when it comes to dreams. No drugs needed.

Yes, look into lucid dreaming.

Plenty of things are impossible.

You anons seem so certain.

You don't physically disappear. It's in your mind. I took a nap one day and had a dream that lasted almost 5 full days and nights in real time. Being somewhere else for almost a week and then waking up to find an hour had passed is an absolute mindfuck. Took me a long while to feel normal again

Ok this may sound weird but I converted to true Christianity when Jesus came to me in a dream. I went to sleep uncircumcised and when I woke up I couldn't ever pull the skin back over the head. Like, I had been cut at night. So God gave me a bris.

Prizes have been offered for anyone being able to demonstrate psychic abilities, including telepathy.

None have been claimed.

>It's in your mind.
I'll agree with that. It's all happening in your head. You aren't actually travelling anywhere.

Telepathy doesn't exist you fucking retard. Humans would have found some proof of it somehow. Don't be stupid.

Perhaps. I believe otherwise, though. Not that all dreams are this, or even most. In fact, I'd say it's quite rare, but it happens.

I'm not certain, I just won't believe it's possible until proven.

You're free to believe otherwise, but there's no reason to believe you're correct.

No need to be rude user. Just because it hasn't been scientifically proven yet, doesn't mean it's been debunked.

telepathy already exists just not in the way you think

your brain is a master at trying to find patterns in things
it does this when having conversations and interactions with other people
the more you talk and interact with a certain person the more your brain has a way of picking apart the patterns and figure out what is going on in their mind when they say do certain things
this is the reason why couple's have a way of knowing what the other is thinking at the same time, finishing eachothers sentences all that crap
it is literally your own brain subconsciously picking apart their thought pattern and telling you what they are thinking
we are all mind readers, you just need to be socially active, have old friends, or in a long term relationship to harness that power
so yeah no hope for us Sup Forumstards

It has been debunked.

If you mean it hasn't been proven to be impossible, then unicorns also haven't been proven to be impossible.

That's fine, I don't expect you to believe me. Just sharing my opinions on the subject.

>making an unfalsifiable claim
>can't prove it with scientific methods
>"R-rejecting the idea is still unreasonable. M-my claim hasn't been debunked after all!"

It's been studied like every other paranormal claim, and no evidence has arisen. It's simply stupid to believe something with no evidence. How would something like this even develop in he human brain? What are the mechanics of it? If you have no reason to believe it beyond "I have an open mind" or "Well you can't disprove it", then you're an idiot, plain and simple.

we call that a dream faggot

Playing devil's advocate, if I had an ability like that, keeping it secret would be worth more than any prize money.

No?

Thanks for your contribution to the thread!

Why would it be worth anything to keep it secret? If you had this ability you could make good money charging to demonstrate it. And several scientific institutes would pay to study you and see if they could determine what was going on.

> Step 1: Make an observation

What a shame.

Unless you alone had that ability, you would have to assume that everyone with the ability felt the same way. That none of them had any interest in fame, money, or advancing human knowledge. Even if they didn't want the money themselves, giving it to charity is certainly an option.

I've seen enough movies that I'd be afraid of dissection and study/ kidnapping and torture by another state power, etc. Plus, if it's shit like telepathy, I could make a crazy amount of money playing professional poker or on game shows. Telekinesis, I'd play roulette. Precognition -- lotto winner.

kek

If it were possible, it's true to say that no one has been able to show that it's possible, so the safest assumption is that it's not possible.

You can come up with all sorts of excuses, but at the end of the day it doesn't change anything.

I could come up with reasons why the aliens that are planning to steal all our onions haven't revealed themselves yet, but that wouldn't make it reasonable to believe those aliens existed or unreasonable to not believe those aliens existed.

>he can't distinguish between movies and real life
No wonder you believe this shit. State secrets don't stay secret that long. If governments were kidnapping and experimenting on people with abilities like this, that wouldn't take long to get leaked. After all, presumably people have had these abilities for all time. So every person ever who could do this got kidnapped and vivsected? Come on now.

The question should not be whether it's possible or not but if it is reasonable to include it into your description of reality.

I bet you think Pascal's Wager is a sound and logical way to go through life, don't you?

This.

FFs everyone it's 2017, people are REALLY still asking if the things in their dreams are real? They're fucking dreams.

It's like when this room mate of mine told me he met god while on an acid trip and didn't even consider the possibility that he might have been hallucinating.

Fucking seriously.

Nigger, I said I was playing devil's advocate as to why those prizes wouldn't be claimed. No need to get sand in your vagina.

This is so much nonsense I literally don't know what you're saying.

0 force + 0 force = nothing.

>I've never experienced something amazing so no one else has either

Faggot, see

Playing Devil's Advocate doesn't mean you get to say stupid shit

I know you did. I'm not accusing you of believing this stuff. What I'm saying is that what you're doing doesn't actually matter.

That has nothing to do with pascal's wager, it's called empiricism. I'm acknowledging the possibility that it can happen, but that it so far hasn't been demonstrated to be true.

What I'm doing is a lot more like occam's razor, which isn't science, but neither is taking acid and pretending you're a psychic.

>I imagined I experienced something amazing so I actually experienced something amazing.

Well, you're not wrong.

That isn't Pascal's Wager nigger. Pascal's Wager would be to assume that telepathy is real even without evidence because you lose 'nothing'.

Just because you don't accept my reasoning doesn't mean I'm being unreasonable. It is not stupid for someone with hypothetical psychic powers to prefer to keep them secret over claiming some bullshit cash prize.

Now get the rest of the sand out of your vagina and wipe the splooge off of your fedora. Your euphoria counts on it.

>I think subjective personal experience counts as evidence of the supernatural

If you experience something amazing you should meet my friends that think their houses are haunted. I'm sure you'll have a lot of nothing to talk about.

>I imagined I had sex with Jessica Alba so I actually had sex with Jessica Alba

I climbed everest once. In a dream. But i'm pretty sure I was astral projecting so that makes it real. No one believes me though. "You're a retarded loser" they say. I'm glad I finally have someone like you on my side.

I was commenting on his preference to believe what is "safe" and how that is similar to the wager.

Your reasoning was stupid, and doesn't account for the many people who have claimed they had these powers but were unwilling/unable to demonstrate them. Also, your insults are years out of date, get some new material.

Different meanings of safe.

Scientific theories are used to describe reality, not to identify it. Therefore a theory cannot be "right" but rather "useful" in describing what's going on. Although we know Newtons mechanics fail for high velocities we still use it a lot since it is useful in many scenarios.
So of course you could imagine all sorts of reasons why telepathy exists but we still don't know about it but that doesn't make it more reasonable to include it into your description of reality. Because it is not useful. Neither would you know more about the world nor could you make more precise predictions.

My house is also haunted. Or really, it's more accurate to say that the area my house is in has an unusually high level of paranormal activity.

Okay.

>Your reasoning was stupid
No, you
>and doesn't account for the many people who have claimed they had these powers
So, certain people being frauds trying to collect a prize means that people who could actually have these abilities would definitely try to collect that prize?

Your reasoning is shit.

>unusually high level of paranormal activity.
Blu-ray or DVD? New or used?

Haha, you so clevah xD

Mine too!

In fact, it's only in one room of my house. Whenever I go in there's at least a ten point jump on my spookoscope, and to this day NO one can explain why my dale earnhardt collectable plates fell off the shelf 7 years TO THE DAY that one of my friends that liked nascar died. His lucky number was 7.

My point was, people have tried to claim they had these powers before, they don't get kidnapped and killed. So they're either all fake, making this whole argument pointless, or these evil kidnapping entities don't exist. A person with telepathy would be able to figure that out. Also, if this ability has existed for all human time, at least a few people would have tried regardless of risk.

>Oh you.jpg

The only people who have tried to collect the prizes are proven frauds, meaning they literally have no fear of being studied because they know they're fakes.

Your assumptions about how a hypothetical person with actual psychic abilities would act is mere opinion. They know all the people who came forward are fakes. Why would this lead them to believe that it would be safe for them to come forward as well. For all they know, any people with real abilities who came forward were snatched up and never heard from again.

telepathy has been studied in depth since the 1800's by governent orgs and private orgs and the conclusion is it isnt possible.

I can elaborate a bit.

In pascals wager you are making a positive claim about something without evidence supporting it specifically because you think it's a safe way to avoid punishment in hell.

Assuming something isn't true when there is no evidence to back it up is "safe" because it means you're not wasting as much time going down a path that might lead to a dead end. If you do research professionally this is a big deal.

In pascal's wager you are denying possibilities all together no matter how much evidence there is to support what you don't agree with. If you showed them evidence that god wasn't real, they would still deny it. If you show me evidence that the supernatural is real, I won't. The problem is that subjective experience isn't evidence, and you people don't seem to understand that.

>The only people who have tried to collect the prizes are proven frauds, meaning they literally have no fear of being studied because they know they're fakes.
This isn't true, or at least seemingly isn't. A lot of people who claim to have psychic abilities actually do believe that they have psychic abilities. They've fallen for their own bullshit as it were.

And you know this because. . .?

So EVERY single person with telepathy has either been killed right before they tried to demonstrate it, or been too afraid to? Not one guy decided to try it and got away with it for even a little while, enough that we'd have heard of him? Not one person with it has ever come forward and survived for a bit? That's ridiculous, unless the ability is extraordinarily, one in a trillion rare in which case who fucking cares about it.

Nop

Like what?

Not him, but I have met plenty of people that believe in this shit. Not specifically that they can read minds but that they have some kind of "connection" or whatever mumbo jumbo they want to label it with. Yes, people really are stupid enough to convince themselves of things that aren't happening. Just look at people that use ouija boards or do water dousing. As long as they can find a way to make it unfalsifiable, they can still believe it's true but that it "just doesn't work that way."

It's an endless waterfall of excuses, but cognitive dissonance is a bitch.

It also kinda reminds me of those "chi masters" that end up getting their asses kicked in real fights.

Well written, thanks.

However, I'd like to say that I fully understand that my subjective experiences are not evidence in the scientific way of viewing things. However, the things I have experienced are evidence enough for me to believe it was real.

I also fully understand that I may just be a delusional fool, but I believe what I believe and my experiences have led me to this spot.

No, dumbass. My whole point in playing devil's advocate was saying why people who could hypothetically have psychic abilities would NOT come forward and perform demonstrations in the first place. It is far more likely that if such people existed, they would be keeping this shit to themselves.

Jesus, you fags are so hell bent on proving a negative that you're ignoring what I'm actually saying and creating strawmen.

And just to be clear, I don't believe anyone has these abilities. I'm just making an argument for why if such people existed, you haven't heard of them by now.

Round squares. Married bachelors.

Even the statement, "nothing is impossible" becomes an absurdity once you rewrite it as "it is impossible for something to be impossible".

But do you think that your personal experiences are a good enough reason for anyone else to believe in it?

From my point of view, there is no evidence that this kind of thing is real, but there is plenty of evidence for mental illnesses causing people to believe things that aren't real. So when someone that believes tries to imply that I'm somehow being ignorant for not believing, I have to very strongly disagree. I mean, if I told you I played slapjack with big foot last night I wouldn't expect you to believe me, because as far as the rest of the world is concerned, big foot isn't real. I'd have to find some other real way of convincing you before I wanted to accuse you of being close-minded.

Your whole point was to make a bad argument and pedantically defend it. If nobody who has these powers has ever come forward, how do,we know about them? If he only people who ever came forward were faking it, why would we even bother arguing if it was real. If you,don't even believe this why play devil's advocate to such a stupid degree. I think you believe this shit and are dodging the argument by claiming you're playing devil's advocate.

People with delusions of special abilities are likely prone to attention seeking behavior, which really sheds no light on how someone with actual abilities (without the delusion) would behave.

Let me give an analogy to help: Say you won the $600million Powerball. Before you safely claimed your ticket, would you feel comfortable sharing this information with the general public? Probably not. Because you'd be afraid that someone would do something to you to get that ticket. In this analogy, you feel safe after the ticket is claimed. For a psychic, there wouldn't ever be a "safe" time.

>Round squares.
Possible, since the word square is subjective and you can call thing whatever to your liking. Call a circle square.
>Even the statement, "nothing is impossible" becomes an absurdity once you rewrite it as "it is impossible for something to be impossible".
It doesn't.

Only in dreams, so more like fake telepathy. Lucid dreaming is awesome, but was to much work for me to bother continuing with it.

No, my experiences are definitely not enough for other people to form beliefs around. I've experienced some strange things. To me, they felt very real. I believe they were real. I don't think you're "not being open minded" because you don't believe. We are merely two humans. Who is to say I am right and you are wrong? Certainly not me.

>Possible
We are assuming here that we are using the same, common definitions. To change the definitions is to miss the point. The fact remains that the thing which those words would commonly point to does not and cannot exist.
>it doesn't
It does. If it is impossible for something to be impossible, then it is impossible for it to be impossible for something to be impossible ad infinitum.

>pedantically defend it
You have some of the worst reasoning I've ever seen and have no room to criticize anyone's ability to argue.

There's so much twisted logic in this post I don't know where to start.

>If nobody who has these powers has ever come forward, how do,we know about them?

We hypothesize the existence of aliens right now, despite having never met them. We dreamed of space flight before it was possible. We can imagine lots of things without having seen them in reality first. Most will be pure fantasy. This really has no relation to whether they are real or possible or not.

>If he only people who ever came forward were faking it, why would we even bother arguing if it was real

Because a few fakes coming forward doesn't prove a negative. Do you even logic, bro?

>If you,don't even believe this why play devil's advocate to such a stupid degree.

You're the one ignoring basic reasoning here. Now you're trying to create a strawman argument that I'm really a believer because that's easier to attack.

>I think you believe this shit and are dodging the argument by claiming you're playing devil's advocate

No. You're just too stupid to understand what I'm saying. You're actually convinced that you can prove a negative, which is idiotic.

No, sorry, you can't win that argument with semantics.

"Square" and "Circle" have accepted definitions in english. If you wanted to use different words to describe different things, then those things would still have the same properties and only the words you are using the describe them change. Be really really careful when you start arguing semantics like this.

look into flaccid penis

no, it's not possible in state, not in sleeping state, not while awake, not while gas, liquid or solid.

*pat pat*

try to breath under the water without a mask, thats fcking impossible

I want to believe

>What is a fish

Those who talk about dick should make sure they do not become a dick themselves. For when you look into flaccid penis, flaccid penis will look back into you.