So user, what are you doing to fight your depression? what do you get, medically speaking...

so user, what are you doing to fight your depression? what do you get, medically speaking? is there a reason you dont want to do therapy of any kind? what is it, user?

me:
>225mg venlafaxin
>30mg mirtazapin
>sports
>talking to a therapist

what about you, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9Y5QTwazdoI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Right now, trying to motivate myself in any way. That's the one thing I most struggle with, but I tell myself; if I get a productive thought I need to do it. No excuses, because otherwise it's my brain trying to stop me because I'm lazy, or I don't feel like it, but excuses aren't good enough and it needs to be done. I also think about if what I'm doing will benefit me in the future or won't, trying to avoid the stuff that's harmful and not beneficial. Though all that is easier said than done.

I'm not on any meds right now, I do take herbal teas to calm down because I also struggle with anxiety and I take these pills called Kira, LowMood relief, St John's Wort extract 450mg. It's used to relieve symptoms of slightly low mood and mild anxiety. It's helped so far but only use when necessary.

I'm not keen on therapy, because I don't trust therapists with my information but I'm actually seeing a therapist in a few hours. I guess it helps, though I can't tell.

Thanks for the thread, overall my biggest thing that's letting me down is motivation caused by low mood and I know it reflects on other people I talk to. I really don't mean for it though. Seeing little reminders like these do motivate me but only briefly I'm afraid.

Why the fuck would I want to fight it? Anything that gets me out of this gay existence sooner is fine with me.

I just wear hats

Well my depressive periods come in times of stress and are related to my anxiety issues.
I'm not on any meds, but doing mindfulness meditation and getting cognitive behavioral therapy has helped me greatly.
My reaction to becoming depressive is pretty consistent, once I realize it I contact one of my friends and sort out a hang out session. This is mostly because I only get depressed if I've been on my own for too long.
Depending on how bad it is, I either just hang out with them and enjoy their company or if it is bad I talk things out with them.
I'd only refrain from doing any sort of therapy if there isn't sufficient evidence for it being effective.
When I was introduced to cognitive behavioral therapy and mindfulness meditation, my therapist basically gave me a pile of papers, full of information about how they worked and which effects they have been proven to do in the body.
It was pretty convincing, so I just jumped into it, because anything would be better than being so anxious that grocery shopping was a challenge.

sad pics psl

you could try rewarding yourself for doing the tasks you had to do. get a cup of icecream, your favourite soda or actively listen to your favourite music with some good headphones. having good stuff in your daily routine helps

>St John's Wort extract 450mg
used to take that, didnt necesserely help me but meds do work different on other people
>It's helped so far but only use when necessary
dont deny yourself help, take it when necessary
>I'm not keen on therapy, because I don't trust therapists with my information but I'm actually seeing a therapist in a few hours
im living in germany, our therapists are under a pledge of secrecy. do your therapists not do that?
>overall my biggest thing that's letting me down is motivation caused by low mood and I know it reflects on other people I talk to
dont fear talking about your problems. friends will keep being your friends aswell as family, there are always people to talk to. help will be given to people seeking for it :)

I'm using weed daily because meds weren't effective enough. Therapists are useless.

That's a nice hat

why havent you done it yet then?
>jumping off high building
>bleeding out
>hanging yourself

whats holding you back?
life wont make itself valueable just like that. is there a passion you had but stopped doing due to feeling bad?

Me

> Heavy lifting
> 2 boxing classes per week
> Cut back on alcohol and sigs
> My job as a teacher
> Friends
> Looking in the mirror everyday and saying: get through this!

Smoke weed at night
Work hard in the kitchen
Many animals

Trying to get involved with what i can get, like trying to get a girlfriend, and play with sister's dog that I see every weekend. Those things take away my depression for a .

Thanks

20mg Citalopram/ day

I made a therapy >15years ago without medication. My shrink was stupid. Never understood me. After ~20 months and countless misapprehension i had a paranoid phase of about 5 days and wanted to kill myself. Cancelled therapy.

Ten years later i went to a shrink asking for medication. i was utterly determined to finally an hero if he would refuse my request. He did refuse in the first place and inside i already imagined my last hours about when he suddenly changed his mind an acknowledged my request.
After >30 years of living with a major depression the medication ended my tortour.
I feel good and dont want to do a therapy. i know what it is about... Fight your fears, make positive experiences, accept your flaws. *blahblah* My mind knows that was a reasonable move, but i just dont belief in success.

I feel good at the moment and since i know the theoretical steps to improve my health i do them on my own but i determine the pace.

Tried to kill myself 2 years ago. Downed two full strips of lormetazepam with 3/4 of a bottle of Black Label before i passed out. Woke up alone in a puddle of my own vomit and piss. The booze that ruined my life, was actually the thing that saved me in the end. Called a therapist the same day. It worked up to a point. But at a certain time, you just have to break your own chains, and muscle through it. I did... I'm not perfectly fine now... but i'll get there someday. And you will too, OP! You will...

lexapro, xanax, and a fuck ton of alcohol. it isn't helping that much though, just keeping me alive. i need therapy to work through shit i guess, but i don't leave my house anymore, so that wont be happening.

I pet a cat and drink. Works.

225mg!! Shiet!! I took 150 and were literally pissing cum and wanted too officially hero my self. Cuming took ages and were fucking strange.
Nowadays: 75mg venlafaxin and therapists.. not that keen to a hero anymore.. who will then delete my tranny collection and burn my hidden shit?
Still hate life because I dont like world I live in. Was better off a fucking pathetic drunk I used to be.. at least vidya was still fun.

I'm too much of a pussy. If I just wallow in misery and make my life utter shit, I'll hopefully be pushed to the edge. Fuck this gay Earth.

God bless you for webm with just cute doggy

fucking tranies helps a lot lately

>tfw when you haven't realized were living in better earth.

mg venlafaxin

Hey op, could you tell me how you feel going to such high dosage? I've been taking 150mg Venlafaxine for 2 months+ now. Adjusting to every step up was a bit of a struggle and cumming is so so hard and takes a long time. Have you noticed any chamges psychologically speaking whem stepping up to such a high dose?

>pic related
was taking 300mg until today, lets see what the difference is
since i never took meds before going to the clinic i cant tell you about long time changes. i had 300mg and it made me more energetic (got me to run everyday which is damn awesome). had issues being still for a longer time tho. doctors set it down to 225 for now

I don't take meds

too afraid i would cancel my suicide plan

btw in case anyone was wondering, don't just get a dog thinking it will magically solve your depression
i tried that myself

I don't have depression but suffered it, and I come to the realization you can handle it by yourself. Self esteem, self motivation and not losing your own goals are far better than medication

I'm not getting a pet before I've gotten to the point where I can competently take care of myself.
Right now I wouldn't be able to keep a potted plant alive, much less an animal.

I pet cute animals

first ever psych appointment tomorrow

glad you didn't fall for that meme. doggos are a lot of fun, but training them is a lot of stress

Well I wouldn't get a dog in any case, I'm more of a cat person.
But even a cat needs a good amount of training, so I wouldn't consider getting one before I'm consistently doing well.

That's fucked up. My doctor also put me on that combo. The venla helped me wake up, and the mirt helped me get to sleep because the other shit wouldn't let me sleep. Worked like a charm for a month, steadily fell off from there. No dosage change ever got that initial month back.

Ended up stopping at all a couple years later. Currently off everything. Doing fine, actually.

I know I suffer from fits, but I'm very iffy about going to a doctor because I need my brain for work, and don't want to be chemically lobotomized by drugs or made to see an expensive therapist.

Exercise helps. I've been thinking about going to the doctor to get a prescription for medical weed for unrelated arthritis and just self-medicating a bit that way when I feel down in the dumpy-dumps.

Or I watch Gun Genie again and remember the joys of balanced blood-sugar and suede...

youtu.be/9Y5QTwazdoI

>taking a depressant to fight depression

true dat, and they can be annoying assholes, not letting you get a good nights sleep, making you worry if they havent come back home in a while

Be active/productive. Keep yourself busy with things that will make you a better man than yesterday.

If you're male this 100% works.

Getting enough sleep and exercise, moderating my substance use, doing things that make me happy, spending time with friends and generally doing my best to maintain a positive outlook. The depression, and by extension the anxiety, only get really bad during winter and if I let my stim use get out of hand.

That's how it works, idiot. The drug effect is reversed in people who actually have depression.

Spoken like someone who has no remote idea of how actual depression works.

no it doesn't. that works for environmental depression where your circumstances are getting you down. but clinical depression is chemical

I'm talking about the alcohol. It doesn't become an anti-depressant if you're depressed, it's just gonna fuck with your prescriptions.