“I think rap music is the only vital form of music that has been introduced to music in a long time since punk rock...

>“I think rap music is the only vital form of music that has been introduced to music in a long time since punk rock. I would never attempt rap music. There’s no sense in it, the people that do rap music do it just fine. I’m usually offended by people like Vanilla Ice and stuff like that. People who really didn’t come from the streets. The white man ripped off the black man long enough. They should leave rap music to the African Americans ‘cause they do it so well and it is so vital to them. The main thing that bothers me about Rap is that almost all of it is sexist; it has no respect for women at all and that pisses me off and I can’t even consider it a vital form of music when it’s used like that. I like the comfort in knowing that the Afro-American has once again been the only race that has brought a new form of original music to this decade. ‘It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back’ is one of my favorite rap albums ever.”
- Kurt Cobain.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xomEpPbreHU
quora.com/Is-the-only-physical-difference-between-races-superficial-like-skin-color-or-facial-shape
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Christ what a faggot

lol is he wearing eyeliner in that pic

Cobain was a patrician through and through.

There's a reason he was killed

did he actually fucking say this.
always knew he was a cringeworthy sjw, but not this bad, jesus.

Kurt knew Vanilla ice was a garbage pop rapper

One of the biggest nu males in music history

All rappers are pop rappers

looks like he's still doing his job 25 years later--pissing off idiots

Wow he must have been really smart

he's almost completely decomposed by now. nothing left of him but bones and shit music

>I’m usually offended by people like Vanilla Ice and stuff like that. People who really didn’t come from the streets.
Is he trying to say that black people shouldn't rap if they're not from the ghetto?

I'd like to think that blacks raised outside of that terrible environment have enough sense not to do something as stupid as making rap """""music"""""

He contradicts himself
>it's the only vital form of music
>I can't even consider it a vital form of music
I really don't agree with the concept of "one race shouldn't be able to attempt a genre of music". If someone makes some great music it shouldn't matter what they look like.
Then again, Kurt got famous entirely because of his looks so I'm sure he cares a great deal about the superficial elements of an artist

What's stupid about getting rich by lying to white teens?

Rap began and in his time remained music by people from the streets so its not shocking he thought this

i only hate faggots tho, can i come?

how do you hate gays and not blacks

Vanilla Ice went double platinum with no features

But the blues and jazz are a rip-off of Irish folk music and classical respectively

Bones teamsesh bitch xanax is for pussies

He was cremated nigga
You stupidas h*ll

But you have to know that this was at a time where it was still somewhat controversial to say that

>The Beastie Boys didn't exist
yeah no

He is the only numale musician I can somewhat respect since he made good music. Than again, who cares if someone has different beliefs than yours?

cuz im not racist?
no one choses to be born white/spic/nigger/etc

on the other hand, faggots are in their clearest mind when they chose do eat cock

The original SJW back when it was edgy and neoliberal corporations didn't push it

This

t. numale communist and Sam Hyde devotee

It was never edgy.
Even then a lot of people thought Cobain's supposed progressivism was just a way for him to pander and distract from the fact that he became a corporate whore of the highest order the second he was given an opportunity to do that. His actions constantly contradicted the shit he was spouting.

Cobain was extremely talented, and he definitely had patrician taste. But he was also a high school drop out who went straight from being a depressed janitor to a junkie rock star with his punk band, so he's not exactly an intellectual. Take his opinions with a grain of salt.
I'm anti-censorship, but he's right about the misogyny. As for race, I'd like to think he'd change his mind if he'd heard Aesop Rock or Sage Francis. Since the major white rappers then were Vanilla Ice and the Beastie Boys, I can almost excuse him for having such a retarded opinion.

This. A genre should never be limited to one race, even if it's 'urban music' like hip hop.
I really don't give a fuck what you think about Eminem. Hell I'm not even a big fan, but to say he hasn't had a huge impact on the genre of hip hop is really stupid. Same goes for the Beastie Boys. Not that it matters but I'm sure Kurt would have realized the same.

I'm fucking sick of talking about race. If only we had a choice what color our skin is, then I guess this would be somewhat of an issue. But that's not how it is, and music has nothing to do with race, and that includes hip hop

Those phrases make sense in context, but I'm going to assume you have basic reading comprehension and I'm replying to bait.

Race is more than skin color man.

it's crazy how one man can trigger people so much after death

I don't even like nirvana thst much but he was a genius at getting a rise out of shitheads

Except it's not. It's a synonym for skin color.
It's not even important to me either way since we're all the same species. I'm just indifferent to all of that at this point

Except it is. Blacks have a slightly lower jaw and bigger forehead, while jews actually have big noses(it's not a myth). Race is not limited to skin colour.

Not but whatever I'm not getting into it

its not, its what Sup Forumstards and SJW tumblerinas make you want to believe

and this is only in USA anyway

>implying the Beastie Boys were bad or on the level of Vanilla Ice
leave

I didn't imply that. I just implied they weren't great. And they weren't.
I'm staying.

>no one choses to be born white/spic/nigger/etc
Imagine being retarded enough to believe this

how is this wrong

But they were great

Like I said, I'm indifferent, but I know skin color is a huge part of it. I get what you're saying though.
I'm just opposed to what Cobain said, as a genre should not belong to only one race, and that includes hip hop

Race is based on social stereotype. People can choose to emulate the culture around them even if it is objectively shit. A black man can choose to act normal, or act like a "nigger" violent thug etc, he can choose that. We are all born humans, but when we start thinking about race and what it means to be a certain race, that is choice. I am white, I don't act "white". I don't give a fuck about rock music or wonder bread or christianity or baseball or whatever else white people like. I don't care. You don't have to either.

America was a mistake

What a fucking faggot I'm glad he's dead, good riddance

To elaborate, Paul's Boutique is definitely in the top 10 hip-hop albums of all time, Licensed to Ill in the top 25, and all of the others in the top 100. Licensed to Ill really is an awesome rap rock album (and one of the most important in it's development, as much as you may dislike it) when you see it as a frat boy parody album.

how is it not wrong?

Yeah but modern rappers don't come from the streets they're all pretty boy faggots with industry connections sipping champagne on private jets these days. Even the underground shit is mostly just middle class soundcloud rappers obsessed with anime and memes.

He asked first. I'd love to see you prove him wrong

Why do I have to prove him wrong? It's common knowledge that race is a choice.

Blues was based off slave songs and jazz was an evolution of pop music that formed in the late 1800s that was inspired by blues

Race isn't real it's all in your head. You choose to act like what society sees a black man as or a hispanic man as or whatever. You are conforming to racial stereotypes/culture by choice. You could ignore all of the bullshit culture attached to "your" history, because you really have nothing to do with it you're a clean slate and your own person. Blacks today have nothing to do with Malcolm X or anyone like that for example, there is no such thing as white power or history or black power or history or whatever because Joe Schmo from Alabama had 0 to do with "white history" or "white culture".

This

Race is a social construct and a spook. It is an abstract concept that doesn't actually exist but is reinforced by cultural stereotypes. Rise above these illusions and discover the true objective nature of reality.

Okay sure. Let's go with everything you just said. But still, no one "decides" to be born what someone else sees as black or white or hispanic

>no one "decides" to be born what someone else sees as black or white or hispanic
Are you fucking stupid? Of course they do.

Stop being so delusional. Red and blue are both different colors. Doesn't stop them from both being nice colors though. Does this make sense to you?
Is the sky blue? Can a sunset be red/pink? Doesn't take anything away from either that they're a different color

Fuck off take your metaphysical "I read Stirner on weed" bullshit back to /lit/ and use real arguments.

Colors are not living creatures. Humans, however, are. And as humans, we can adapt to our surroundings. Therefore, race is a choice.

so, how exactly you chose to be born white/black/whatever you are?

You are not born anything, you become it

I'm glad Courtney murdered him. Gosh, what a fag.

David Bowie invented rap though

youtube.com/watch?v=xomEpPbreHU

but thats fucking wrong
if im born chinese, regardless of what i do and what culture i adopt. i will always be ethnically chinese, are you fucking daft?

>I like the comfort in knowing that the Afro-American has once again been the only race that has brought a new form of original music to this decade.
This is objectively a shitty thing, as more forms of original music are pretty much always better, but this shows his ideological/racial bias leaking into him making nonsensical decisions.
I imagine it's to also say that grunge isn't all that new, but it's still a stupid point to make. What a cuck.

Ethnicity isn't real, it's a spook. China doesn't exist nor do the Chinese people exist in reality. China is only in our heads and reinforced by things such as globes and atlases that humans use to understand abstract concepts. Countries aren't real they're artificial divisions meant to segregate humanity, but they don't actually exist in nature. A Chinese man is no different from a Black man, or a white man, he is only different because of artificial human constructs that we use to understand things to difficult to comprehend and put it on our level of understanding. Take off the glasses and see the world for what it really is without any human invention, but the natural world. Ethnicity isn't a part of it.

You can't choose what race you are born as. But, studies have shown that within the first 12 months of life, babies can adapt to their surroundings and effectively change their race. In this study, 10 black babies were shown racially themed imagery, such as news reports of cops killing unarmed black people, and racist artifacts from the early 1900s. 8 out of the 10 black babies cried at the racism, but 2 of the babies laughed. By the end of 12 months, the babies that laughed at the racist imagery had nearly lost all of the melanin in their skin and began to develop caucasian facial features, such as blond hair and blue eyes, thus proving that race is a choice.

>artificial human constructs
but aren't there physical differences between races?

Yeah, it's the usual paternalistic racist white shit.

Like Gil Scott-Heron said, the rainbow conspiracy is shit—white liberalism was never really about welcoming colored people as equals. I'm "of color" as they say, and live in a very left-wing neighborhood. It's all bullshit, and they're very smug about it. They probably don't even recognize it most of the time. But it's shit.

No. This is in your head. We are all the same. Take your pills goy.

>I just implied they weren't great.
So you're wrong.

Thank you man I'm Latino and fucking hate it when some pussy white liberal tries to speak for me and implies I cant do shit for myself. I'm not your fucking pet or some retard who needs you to hold my hand to get ahead lol why do they think this shit is helping anyone?

It pisses people like me off who actually work hard because it implies I'm not a hard worker or smart but only smart "for my race" and it pisses the average white person off by making them think we're getting unfair treatment and creating more division fuck all these clowns

So all of these people quora.com/Is-the-only-physical-difference-between-races-superficial-like-skin-color-or-facial-shape are wrong?

Yes goyim, watch Bill Nye Explains It All to find out more.

>goyim
I'm Jewish

he's memeing he agrees with you

I know I just thought it was funny

Lol

> The main thing that bothers me about Rap is that almost all of it is sexist; it has no respect for women at all and that pisses me off and I can’t even consider it a vital form of music when it’s used like that.

When you are such a giant lib cuck you become an inverted lib cuck and start being offended at black people

It's not like the first Hip-Hop songs were anything other than dance music. He's totally ignoring it's simple roots

IQ isn't real, it's a spook. It's a numeric representation of something abstract that isn't quantifiable and can't be 100% assessed with 100% precision (intelligence) using a test that measures how well you do on that particular test and nothing more.

lmao this is bullshit.

Oh ok I guess that settles it then

Open the borders

What isn't a spook?

Spooks aren't real, it's a spook. A spook is an abstract concept to explain any abstract concept the human brain can't readily understand in a way comprehensible to humans.

uhh, no it wasn't

>Ethnicity isn't real, it's a spook
retard

Found the brown man

But it isn't??????

The only difference between a German and a French person is an artificial border we convinced ourselves exists, for example. They look exactly the same.

Yes it was actually. Irish and Scottish slaves introduced Irish traditional folk music to niggers and they infused it with african traditional music

>WE WUZ JAZZ N BLUES N SHIT

Shut up whiteboy.

40 years from now some white supremacist fag is going to say Blondie invented hip hop

Yeah true, except for the part where white people built the world while niggers collected sticks and ate bananas from tree houses

Oh ok sorry

White people didn't build shit. You had to import Africans and Muslims to do the work for you, and then Jews did all the cultural/finance shit anyway so you really did nothing.

Like the other dude said, in the early 90's this was actually kind of edgy. He probably wouldn't have said this if he was alive now and saw how things have derailed completely.

T H I S

/thread

>A Chinese man is no different from a Black man, or a white man
Except that's where you're wrong. You can't both say that "China doesn't exist nor do the Chinese people exist in reality" and then compare them to something else.

Go take a logic intro class at least before you act as a pseudo-intellectual. And stop regurgitating shit you heard from other people without understanding it first. That's how you make unsound arguments like these.