Every band ever

>Every band ever
>Starts out experimental and cool, turns pop

>The Beatles
>Starts out pop, turns cool and experimental

Ween always kept experimental and cool

This was an experiment in making the worst album possible

Name one experimental song by the beatles. Everything they ever attempted had been done years earlier, they were never on the cutting edge of anything

A Day in the Life

Go listen to MMT

Pink Floyd

Was thinking this.

Blackbird also comes to mind.

"experimental" is relative to a band and the culture they exist in, not the word at large

being this autistic

>baroque pop is experimental
>psych pop/rock is experimental
>any song that uses sound effects is experimental

The absolute state of beatles fans

Revolution #9.

Did you forget to turn your trip on, Avant Math God? :^)

Tomorrow Never Knows

Yes, the beatles were of course the first rock band to attempt musique concrete

>Starts out pop
>Turns to eurobeat his wife

WOKE UP, FELL OUT OF BED, DRAGGED MY FISTS ACROSS MY WIFE

(you)
Naw Avant is even more autistic. We should ban all tripfags desu

JOHN LENNON'S BIG FIST CAME DOWN ON HER HEAD.

do you know what "experimental" means

Your sexuality.

;)

>And when I get home to you
>I find the things that you do
>Make me want to beat you again

he said WEEN u fucking fig

>check out this experimental album that sold 10 million copies and i played in supermarkets worldwide

experimental=/=totally new and revolutionary

so you don't

Black Flag
Started as a hardcore punk band, then experimented by fusing punk with heavy metal with jazz influences, created sludge metal in the process

i love ween but White Pepper was definitely an effort at making a more "palatable" album

john coltrane went from boopity pop to BRRAAuuU Gh OOo O Oo O Oo ASQ WuUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE jbarRrRrOoOOoOOOoOOOOOOOOOuuugh EEEE

This started out as a great thread until

showed up, started shitposting and ruined everything!

The Aztecs started out pop and then went experimental, as did Shinki Chen and John Robinson from Blackfeather

their experimentation era was breif though. Revolver, pepper, and self titled are their experimental albums. Nothing ever got TOO crazy though, except revolution 9 and tomorrow never knows. they experimented more with texture and stuff, like reverse guitars or acidy guitar tones. Still, they experimented none the less and i commend them for taking those paths when they couldve easily stuck with she loves u yeaa yeaa yeaa. the most popular band on the earth introducing people to avant-garde sound collage (revolution 9) is a pretty big deal. Strawberry Fields is pretty experimental for the time, all those reverse symbols and speed manipulations, also the song structure is super wonky.

Son, you're fucking pathetic. I'm glad you're a failed musician AND a failed music "reviewer".

I would say the Strokes went from a typical post-punk sound to a more experimental sound.

>Radiohead
>Kanye
>Scott Walker

The list goes on and on…

carnival of light

more like avant-garde clue.

Faggot, they experimented alot. All orchestred by George Martin.

You're not in level to fully understands because...

1- youre a fucking underage hipster
2- you think expirimeeintal is only tha album frumn my that chart ranking list holy shit

Zero musical knowledgement. ZERO historical knowledgement.

fucking idiot, go out buzzfeed is hiring

"muur only experimental is fuckibg that weirdo shit right here uhh noisy uuh very circlejerk-core oooh uhh heres my chart"

"that internet guy knows more than the rest of the world"

uuuh oooh my god, what happen of all the milliions and legacy, holyshit look at these antes posting memes George Martin, look here Ringo its adorable theyre repeating the disc hmmm ooh

Nah, that wasn't me. Beatles innovations and influence are indeed greatly exaggerated though.

>Scott Walker
>Starts out experimental and cool, turns pop
Literally what? The other two examples are so laughably inaccurate.

Those faggots at that submarineposting group on Facebook are pure fucking cancer

>cool
Ween is pretty much the definition of cringe core.

comet suicide

There's a lot of bands that do the reverse, they just aren't as remembered because people usually look down on them because they were in the pop consciousness but then went and did something different, causing the regular joe to just see them as someone who failed to keep up with their success and not as someone who just wasn't fulfilled making garbage music

But if you start experimental and go pop, you will get everyone's attention and while you're still popular, people will check out your earlier experimental stuff and look at it more favorably because they know the artist that made it later became successful

He was implying the reverse since the claim is that The Beatles are the outlier...all those three artists (good or not) started their careers as popstars but then went and made music that was more polarizing

Nirvana would be there too but Kurt died too early.

Talk Talk

actual, real life retard

>the beatles
>ever experimental

>for the time yes

Not even my dude

How many times does it have to be said. Experimental doesn't mean "never done before" and the vast majority of real scientific experimentation is repeating other people's work to confirm it. Any band or musician can be experimental if they try things outside of their usual style or the confines of their genre, it doesn't mean wholly unique.

experimental doesnt mean unpopular or obscure